forum

The Sun, Electronics, and You

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
balldoowell
It's summer over here in the glorious United States of America right now. I've been cooped up in my room and havent showered in 4 days, so my mom kicked me out of the house and told me that I needed to get some vitamin D and live life a little.

Theres absolutely nothing to do outside so I just took my desktop and monitor out to the backyard patio and played osu! for like 3 hours. I went to the gas station to go pick up a 12 pack of ramen noodles since I just ran out and havent bought any since 2 days ago.

I come back, sit in my chair, pick up my pen and notice that the cursor isnt moving on the screen. Fuckin' Wacom drivers amirite? I restart the driver service, nothing. I unplug and replug my tablet, nothing. I restart my computer, nothing.

I think I just broke my tablet fml this shit cost $80 or your regional equivalent.
Friendan
Ha
Bweh
It's okay, it kills the bacteria on it.
Trash Boat
I understand that people outside of Japan also eats ramen as well, but damn, a 12-pack?
silmarilen
tablets are black, that means they absorb a lot of heat, especially when it's hot outside and the sun shines directly on them.
worst case scenario? something inside may have melted.
Friendan

silmarilen wrote:

tablets are black
racist

you destroyed your tablet OP, good job
Chokladboll
with your tablet dead, will you finally leave?
Bweh

silmarilen wrote:

tablets are black, that means they absorb a lot of heat, especially when it's hot outside and the sun shines directly on them.
worst case scenario? something inside may have melted.
Mine's silver, but I still doubt plastic and metal parts will do a great job at staying cool
Rilene
It is good for sterlize your tablet by exposing sunlight or ultraviolet radiation, which kills every bacteria and microscopic organisms, as long the tablet isn't dark colored, do not put your tablet out in the sun at any all cost, no matter what or you'll end up annihilating your own tablet.

Too bad, your tablet died painfully and slowly due to sunlight exposure.
RIP Wacom Tablet.
Mercurial
Who the hell does play with a wacom pen tablet outside?
Bweh
The point is that this story is a work of fiction. Only a fool would take the events presented here as fact.
Vuelo Eluko
people seriously underestimate the suns power to heat things up. it's easy to assume that something electronic wouldn't have components in it that would melt from exposure when we are able to withstand long term exposure to it and most would think that metal, plastic and silicon is more resilient than flesh. but alas, you've bricked your tablet and are going to have to get a new one or switch to mouse.
EneT
As long as you apply sun cream to it, it should be fine. Not applying sun cream is the leading cause to sunburn and heatstroke.
Gumpy
It will melt, take it inside.
B1rd
People underestimate the damage the sun can do to your body as well.
Bweh
Yeah, I hear it's actually worse in Australia since there's less ozone in the atmosphere around that region.

You should get some sunscreen if you plan on playing with your desktop outdoors.
Topic Starter
balldoowell

Brian OA wrote:

The point is that this story is a work of fiction. Only a fool would take the events presented here as fact.
I'm curious. What in my story makes you think that this is a work of fiction?

Also yo no chill who changed my title
IppE
It's the OT quality gremlins.

They turn bad threads into ok threads in the dark of the night.
The Gambler
If you're classy like the rest of the guys here, get one of those fold-up tents and play in one of those.
Trash Boat

balldoowell wrote:

Also yo no chill who changed my title
Looks like some brain has been abusing of its power.
Bweh

balldoowell wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

I'm curious. What in my story makes you think that this is a work of fiction?
It was the ramen bit that gave it away, really.
abraker
Your tablet got cancer, there you have it
IppE

Trash Boat wrote:

At least he doesn't hand out 300+ hour silences left and right just for fun.
Trash Boat
Ayyyy lmaooo not that brain
B1rd

IppE wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

At least he doesn't hand out 300+ hour silences left and right just for fun.
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/blue%20dragon
kirueggy

B1rd wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/blue%20dragon
"deliberate misbehavior?"

how much do you need to fuck up to get an almost 700 hour silence
show more