forum

Osu Question For Tablet Users

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shin
How long did it take for you guys to master or get used to moving around with the tablet. I got mine 3 days ago and I m still not on par with my mouse gameplay. Also, I'm still trying to get used to hovering around. Can someone give me tips? :D
omochikaeri
Just keep playing, you'll get used to it. Play around with your tablet's active area so you can find what's suited for you.

As for hovering, I don't think it's required that you hover your pen. There are people who say that hovering is better but I think it's just a matter of preference (I don't hover my pen when playing).

I'm not really a good player but I hope you find these useful. :D
Topic Starter
Shin

jonel022 wrote:

Just keep playing, you'll get used to it. Play around with your tablet's active area so you can find what's suited for you.

As for hovering, I don't think it's required that you hover your pen. There are people who say that hovering is better but I think it's just a matter of preference (I don't hover my pen when playing).

I'm not really a good player but I hope you find these useful. :D

Thank you!
Mahogany
On the first day I was already better than with mouse, but I was wildly inconsistent, and kept moving the pen outside tracking range.

I'd say it took me a week for basic teething and a month before I was completely comfortable with the device.
Ictogan
I did catch up with my mouse skill after about three hours of playing.
Shiyzo
It really depends on how much do you use tablet not just in osu! ,but out of it too. For example, since I'm an graphics designer, I use my tablet for drawing too, which is great at improving because you're getting to know your tablet and stuff. But it didn't take me long, I got my tablet few weeks ago and I'm mastering with it now. So yeah, use your tablet out of osu! too, for example use it for browsing or drawing, and you'll master it sooner.
Shrik
Oh also, playing more will increase the time you get use to it, but its also how long since you started. I quit osu 8 months ago, but came back like 4 days ago and I already got my first 200 pp score, and like 8-9 top ranks.
pandaBee
6 months and I still haven't mastered my tablet.
otoed1
You will never "master" tablet, but getting back to your old aim shouldn't take you more than two weeks, probably just one.
Astrofiziks
it took me only a few days to get used to tablet i think. kinda hard to remember since i got mine back in 2012.
ZenithPhantasm
My tablet aim is about half of my mouse aim within thirty minutes.
tablet hurts mouse aim.
pandaBee
Tablet aim caught up to mouse in less than a hour. It probably has something to do with the fact that my mouse was falling apart and would randomly turn off 5-12 times per song.
Barusamikosu
My friends all adjusted between three days and two weeks depending on how much they played.

Just rack up the playcount so you can get used to it sooner. But it's been 4 days so maybe you're already there.
Bauxe
Yo guys why am I not as good as cookiezi I've had my tablet for almost 3 years shouldn't I be like the best ever osu! player wtf this game is broken I swear.
pandaBee

Bauxe wrote:

Yo guys why am I not as good as cookiezi I've had my tablet for almost 3 years shouldn't I be like the best ever osu! player wtf this game is broken I swear.
Are you Korean?
Barusamikosu

Bauxe wrote:

Maybe you forgot to copy his pen grip, monitor and choice of beverage.
pandaBee
Move to SK and maybe you'll have a chance.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

You are still too suck to be as good as C. You need to try for 100 more years before you can even come close.
Bauxe

pandaBee wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Are you Korean?
Yeah probably.
Nadfee
< *irrelevant user to the thread, dont bother :P*

Or you stay with mouse and keep going.
Mouse>Tablet 4 Life xd
otoed1

Nadfee wrote:

Mouse>Tablet 4 Life xd
+1 post count
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

Nadfee wrote:

Mouse>Tablet 4 Life xd
+1 post count
+2 post count
The Gambler

Barusamikosu wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Maybe you forgot to copy his pen grip, monitor and choice of beverage.
But I use Cookiezi's grip and monitor and I still can't keep up why lol....
balldoowell
Holy shit your play count to pp ratio. I hope you play offline
The Gambler

balldoowell wrote:

Holy shit your play count to pp ratio. I hope you play offline
I don't know how you were phrasing that, but I honestly haven't given a damn about it.

I just play so I can appreciate harder maps and mods better. I hope to become like MilhioreF, a pro tester rather than a pro player.
balldoowell
Oh shit sorry that was supposed to be directed at op. Actually no wait I looked at your profile holy shit you too
show more