forum

[Archived] Can't upload my beatmap, it gets stuck on "creating package"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
InkDaze
Problem Details:
I made my first beatmap, I didn't complete it but I wanna upload it so I know if it's good and what should I change...
Whenevere I press "upload beatmap" I get the screen where I press upload NEW beatmap and then it turns into the screen where you have the little bar saying "creating package" and then... nothing happens
I'm 100% sure it's not just taking a while I left it like that for about a hour and nothing happened :(
What do I do? I know how you make an osk file using winrar I could just do that if someone would let me upload it like that
edit: oh and if you're wondering the program or computer didn't freeze when I click X or cancel it does and everything keeps going just fine
please help ;)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
There's not much to see but here you go: http://prntscr.com/7w5ick
I'd wait a few hours to say "that's after 2 hours" but I already know it'll be just the same in 2 hours, I promise

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Do you have a really large video on it? This is sometimes the cause of this type of problem

If the answer is no, then it's probably a BSS issue. Try again later or tomorrow.

Droping this here too.
t/174550
t/114771
RvNovae
As for creating a package:

In the editor just go to file and "Export Package" or something along those lines and you should be good.
Topic Starter
InkDaze

Trosk- wrote:

Do you have a really large video on it? This is sometimes the cause of this type of problem

If the answer is no, then it's probably a BSS issue. Try again later or tomorrow.

Droping this here too.
t/174550
t/114771
Yes I do have a 720 video on it I'll try turn it into 420 and see if it's better
Trosk-

InkDaze wrote:

Ys I do have a 720 video on it I'll try turn it into 420 and see if it's better
I would say 480 is better :P Just take a look at the filesize and see if it's too large.

Not gonna make the 420 overused joke.
Topic Starter
InkDaze

Trosk- wrote:

InkDaze wrote:

Ys I do have a 720 video on it I'll try turn it into 420 and see if it's better
I would say 480 is better :P Just take a look at the filesize and see if it's too large.

Not gonna make the 420 overused joke.
I compared it to a video from a beatmap I downloaded they're both 4 minutes long the other one is even a bit longer and like
here are the details http://prntscr.com/7w6998
how come daze (my video) is so large compared to the other one if they're just about the same in everything?! could you help me please?
RvNovae

InkDaze wrote:

how come daze (my video) is so large compared to the other one if they're just about the same in everything?!
Your video uses a different codec.
Topic Starter
InkDaze

Olivarus wrote:

InkDaze wrote:

how come daze (my video) is so large compared to the other one if they're just about the same in everything?!
Your video uses a different codec.
What's that? can I change that?
RvNovae
You can convert your video by rendering it again in a video editor.
Topic Starter
InkDaze

Olivarus wrote:

You can convert your video by rendering it again in a video editor.
But then it'll stay the same wouldn't it?
If I rrender it using Sony Vegas what settings do you suggest to make it like the other one?
RvNovae
hmmm, test one of those:
Topic Starter
InkDaze

Olivarus wrote:

hmmm, test one of those:
Now it's 898 mb :o
TheVileOne
Holy crap man.. I need to fix aimod not reporting video size restrictions for marathons. Also if it's too large, then it should abort immediately. It's not like it's going to ever finish.
Topic Starter
InkDaze

TheVileOne wrote:

Holy crap man.. I need to fix aimod not reporting video size restrictions for marathons. Also if it's too large, then it should abort immediately. It's not like it's going to ever finish.
When I got it a bit smaller but not small enough it showed a message saying the video was too large (which is good) but when the video was even larger it was just stuck
Trosk-

InkDaze wrote:

When I got it a bit smaller but not small enough it showed a message saying the video was too large (which is good) but when the video was even larger it was just stuck
Weird errors... I guess the file was too large for the system to even detect it and show the error, I don't know.