forum

The Headphones Topic

posted
Total Posts
show more
Foxtrot
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear?

Over-ear

Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use?

Sony

What is the model of your headphones?

MDR 1ADAC

What do you think of it?

Fucking great
AutoMedic
Over ear

Kingston

HyperX Cloud II

What do you think of it?
Sounds amazing. Even the mic is really good.
Yohanes
In-ear and over-ear. I use over-ear most of the time tho

Audio technica

Apparently its everyone's favorite, the M50x

What do you think of it?
little bit to bassy to my liking, but its still great
Nayru-chan00
Over-ear
Razer
Kraken Pro
I love them! Just the right amount of bass, they're extremely comfortable (at least imo) and they're not even THAT heavy (or is it just me?)! Also, I swear that sometimes they're massaging my ears - mostly when playing Skyrim or listening to some bass-heavy song. And the mic is pretty good for a headset mic. ≤3
Chaosemerald
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? - I've always preferred in-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? - Skullcandy
What is the model of your headphones? - Skullcandy Jib 2, I think
What do you think of it? - These are definitely the best headphones I've ever used. They cost like 150 kroner here (15 pounds), but they're worth the money
ExMono
Over and In ear

Rexus & Jaws

Thundervox Red & N95

What do you think of it?
Amazing sound
Sandy Hoey
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? - I have over ear since I use a gaming headset.
What is the model of your headphones? - Logitech G230
What do you think of it? They can get pretty hot over my ears, but I think that is more of an over ear headset problem and less of a problem with the design. They are really comfortable and sound and feel the same as the more expensive G430 that I had before
Jukkii
over ear
its the Sony mdrxb700 extra bass model which is unfortunately discontinued
they are absolutely amazing with great sound quality and goob bass which goes down to 3 Hz
HootOwlStar
My current earphone http://assets.klipsch.com/product-images/R6-Black-Square-v02.jpg
  1. In-ear headphones
  2. Klipsch
  3. R6 (Black)
  4. Love the bass enhanced sound effect and it's really comfortable to wear on.
Never tried over-ears and on-ears. Used 2 sets of in-ear earphones before: one from Samsung phone and another from Walkman. The former one is so bad in quality that I can't even. The latter one causes my ear to be so painful in some kind of sense but there was no choice back then. And so the scenario kept on lasting until I get the current one.

I'm really happy that this thread exists tbh. At least people do care and concern about good and appropriate devices for listening to music.
Rurree
  1. What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? - Over-ear
  2. Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? Sennheiser
  3. What is the model of your headphones? HD 598
  4. What do you think of it? I'm loving it a lot.
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

HootOwlStar wrote:

My current earphone http://assets.klipsch.com/product-images/R6-Black-Square-v02.jpg
  1. In-ear headphones
  2. Klipsch
  3. R6 (Black)
  4. Love the bass enhanced sound effect and it's really comfortable to wear on.
Never tried over-ears and on-ears. Used 2 sets of in-ear earphones before: one from Samsung phone and another from Walkman. The former one is so bad in quality that I can't even. The latter one causes my ear to be so painful in some kind of sense but there was no choice back then. And so the scenario kept on lasting until I get the current one.

I'm really happy that this thread exists tbh. At least people do care and concern about good and appropriate devices for listening to music.
Glad to have created the thread then. :) I felt like headphones had no place so I created this thread for the headphones users, to talk about what they are using, discuss some news (if any), and probably ask for what headphones to buy and are recommended according to the price range, audio quality, or even build quality, or other factors, if there will be anyone buying.

Speaking of recommendations, a Sennheiser Momentum (the wired ones) pair is good for those who are willing to go with their music to audiophile limits with ViPER4Android and ViPER4Windows, right?

It is technically impossible to reach audiophile limits with ViPER4Android - limitations from the DEVICES not the driver or certain pairs of headphones
ViPER4Android and ViPER4Windows are full audio drivers for their respective operating systems designed to TRANSFORM music
Zozimoto
Headset :arrow:
Headset ;)
  1. On Ear Headphones
  2. Genius
  3. HS-05A
  4. I Love This, And It Has Stereo Speakers!
[google:1337]Genius HS-05A[/google:1337]
Chaosemerald
Getting some new headphones tomorrow, I'm so excited :)

What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear?: On-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use?: Skullcandy
What is the model of your headphones?: Skullcandy Uproar
What do you think of it?: Idk, haven't received them yet
_Hatsumi
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? On-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? Sony
What is the model of your headphones? XB-450BV
What do you think of it? Well, it beats my friend's Over-Ear Beats Studio(Gen 1). So I'm proud using it :) and its got good design, too!

The only drawbacks of my headphones is probably : the lack of detachable cable x.x so afraid it will break soon, but it already lasts 3/4 year and nothing happened but scratch on the earcups and a little unresponsive jack(spin it around and it will work again) :)

The Headphones
yea
Love seeing a headphone topic. I use to be a huge headphone enthusiast.

Type: Over-ear

Manufacturer: Beyerdynamic

Model: Custom One Pro

What I think:

Great choice, though pricey. Adjustable to fit an open or closed sound signature. Metal and premium plastic construction. I have had these for years, great for bassheads and audiophiles. Slowly falling apart though, just have to take care of them.
NeXt4r_
i don't use headphone (no joke)
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

faiswusuf wrote:

i don't use headphone (no joke)
Then why did you even post here in the first place?
Chiraux
◾Over-the-ear headphones
◾Nubwo
◾K6
◾It has really good sound quality and is pretty adjustable. Not outrageously heavy and really cushy. I got mine for 3 dollars at "Give Me a 5", but it's probably worth much more.
IT FREAKING LIGHTS UP LIKE COME ON
AUS-teisciitb
Type: Over ear
Brand: Turtle Beach
Model: PX24
What do I think?: Amazing, Lightweight and Comfortable. It Comes with a removable in-line amplifier that is extremely useful for fine-tuning volume and adjusting bass. While using the in-line amp I can adjust the volume that my microphone plays back in my ears to prevent me from talking too loud.
I managed to pick them up on sale, for $160 Australian Dollars

Have a look: http://shop.turtlebeach.com/us/ear-force-px24
Sneak
Flimsy
Manufacturer: Sennheiser
Model: HD600

Kinda surprised, I thought there'd be someone else with the HD600s or HD650s here.

I have them connected to the Schiit Magni 2, they're comfortable, look nice and sound great. I've had them for a few years now, had to replace the cable recently but luckily they're detachable. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, so I wanted headphones which don't cater to one specific genre with over-powering bass or treble. These are smooth and neutral.
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Trapalicious wrote:

Manufacturer: Sennheiser
Model: HD600

Kinda surprised, I thought there'd be someone else with the HD600s or HD650s here.

I have them connected to the Schiit Magni 2, they're comfortable, look nice and sound great. I've had them for a few years now, had to replace the cable recently but luckily they're detachable. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, so I wanted headphones which don't cater to one specific genre with over-powering bass or treble. These are smooth and neutral.
But the HD600 headphones are Hi-Res Audio ready, right? You can listen to HR FLACs as they are (like, at a whopping 4608kbps) with those. :)
calamitynocture

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

1. What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear?
  2. Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use?
  3. What is the model of your headphones?
  4. What do you think of it?

• 1) over-ear
    2) sony?? idk it says sony on it
    3) god i dont know i got them from my brothers since they weren't using it
    4) pretty good tbh
InfiniDrift
It's an Over-ear model (I guess)
Bose
QuietComfort35/QC35 "Nissan Micra Edition"

I didn't have many headphones in life (My Tritton Kama, some chinese thing and the Apple EarPods which only one EarPod was working), and then I recieve this Bose headset from Nissan after I win it on their stand at the Paris Motorshow. I saw everywhere that it was the best headphones of 2016, and I didn't really believe it before I recieved it, but the Pricetag of 379$ was a clue about the quality. And it is Just perfect: the noise reducer works perfectly and the sound quality is surprising, but it's a Bose headset and I already say what they did with their speakers (Soundlink mini 2) but still, it was awesome. When you listen to music with it, or play Osu! in this case, you are in your bubble, you hear nothing of what happens next to you. But because it's headphones for music, you don't have a microphone, or at least it is working on phone but not on PC. If you can have it, Just go for it, you don't regret.
KtkC
^Nice! QC35s feel great on the head.

Me:
Massdrop X Hifiman RE-00 in-ear monitors.
They replaced my RE-0s. People complain about these a lot - I don't mind a weaker bass and personally my build quality has been fine
Sony MDR-10RBT open over-ears.
Bought used, bluetooth functionality

I like them both. The option to switch between wireless and wired is extremely convenient and the sound signature is acceptable.
When it comes to in-ears, I prioritize neutrality over everything.
When it comes to headphones, I prioritize lightness and comfort over everything else since I'm wearing headphones a LOT. It's not great for my ears but ah well...

I got in the Massdrop X Sennheiser HD6xx deal! Christmas gift for myself... Need to find an dac/amp now -w-

Others on my radar: i.e. a wishlist, they're all quite costly ㅠㅠ
B&W P7: supposed to be surprisingly good sound for wireless. Need to audition 'em sometime...
Sony MDR-MA900 - ultra light over-ears
Etymotic Research ER4 - highly analytic IEMs
OPPO HA2-SE or JDS Labs' C5D are low-profile DAC/Amps I'm eyeing. Or maybe I should just get a V20 for my next phone and call it a day... Well that's a whole other story. Tried a friend's schiit stack (Magni2/modi2) but I'm not looking for a stack (Same goes for O2/odac.. Both look good)
Luqanted
blegh simple asus earphones :6)
My Angel Raphi
ay

Sennheiser on-ear Momentum 2.0

I bought this 2 weeks ago and damn I love it. The sound quality is so clear and clean and it looks well, really nice and kinda vintage with brown leather and steel frame.
clover
apple earbuds

i've had the same pair for 3 years and the wire wore out so i put tape over it

that's not really safe but i haven't died yet
Justykanna
Over. Having a decently sized headset on-ear just never appealed to me since I wear it for hours at a time. I use ear buds (ie: in-ear) for non-computer use though - ie: 3DS and iPod music.

Sennheiser. Really good quality, though they aren't usually cheap to buy. I used to have a Microsoft one and I would have a hard time recommend any other headset for its price.

PC320 Gaming Headset. Got it on Amazon for $101 when it's normally $161 (both figures after taxes and whatnot). I used to be in a gaming club while I was in university and they recommended this one. My old Microsoft one was the LiveChat LX-3000 and it was incredible for only $40. Lasted forever, durable and comfortable with extended use.

What do you think of it?
As mentioned above, I'm really happy with it. Sounds amazing, the cord's of a good length, the microphone is super clear and the volume dial's easily adjustable. My only real problem with it is the mute is activated by propping the microphone upward, which isn't convenient for me. Plus, when muted, it gives off a low-pitch buzz, which can get annoying if the person on the other end has the sound on in a quiet environment (ex: like when on Skype). Definitely worth what I paid for it though.
[K]aeL
over ear
sennheiser hd471
just amazing. i like how it does not focus on low frequency and bass punch like cheap-sounding headphones. it has a relatively very low distortion throughout the whole frequency spectrum, even the high ones. this is a closed back headphone, but somehow it has a pretty big soundstage (dont compare to high end open backs). isolation is normal, a very little bit below the average (not noticable unless worn for long period of time in noisy ambience)

the only downside, if considered as one is that its all plastic. but because of that, it is lighter than most over ear headphones that size. dont worry though, it is robust enough and has taken quite a beating and managed to stay in shape.
Keiger
i use over-ear.
Sades.
sa-708gt
They are a really nice pair of headphones. The have amazing sound quality.
The mic quality is decent, but good enough for gaming. The bass that this headset creates is perfect.
Listening to songs is suprisingly crisp i never expected it to be this good. The bass always fits well in every song i listen to.
Its has a nice blue and black plastic look. the mic is very easy to use. To me its about a 9/10.
Pochacco
any headphones recommendation for less than 15$?

my razer kraken already broke and i failed to repair xD
Alysia_old_1
Always over the ear and always Audio-Technica
Chaosemerald
i own two headphones at the moment.

What kind of headphones do you use?: In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? In-ear and on-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use?: Skullcandy
What is the model of your headphones?: The in-ear headphones: Ink'd 2.0 (I think..? can't really remember) / The on-ear headphones: Uproar
What do you think of it?: Ink'd 2.0: The sound is way too freaking great for in-ear headphones. Would definitely recommend if you need some in-ear headphones for your phone, since a microphone is included and can be used as a headset. / Uproar: BEST HEADPHONES I'VE EVER OWNED, HANDS DOWN
rHO
switched from apple earbuds to Brainwavz S1 recently
Kosuna
I'm currently using the Bose QC35

Best investment ever. The built in nose cancellation is superb and it really helps a lot with studying and listening to music in public places. Not to mention that it's completely wireless as well! It also holds a charge for a very long time and it only takes around 30 or so minutes to charge it to 100%