forum

Oribiting cursors (Tutorial)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nya Nya Neko
First off, I wasn't sure were to put this, since this is resulting from a bug.
I didn't wanted it to be in the Help forums, since it might get fixed, and i think this bug is actually quite cool,
also didn't wanted it to be in the feature request, since i have the feeling, it doesn't get any attention there, so here I am.

Let's start:

this is how you do it:

1. Have your skin copied. make sure it contains following elements: cursormiddle.png, cursor.png and skin.ini
2. on one skin you'll open the skin.ini and write "cursorCentre: 1"
you write "cursorCentre: 0" into the other skin's .ini-file

3. open the skin with "Cursorcentre:0", then the one with "cursorcentre:1". The cursor should now orbit the cursomiddle.

downside: the actual hitbox of the cursor wont be the cursor or cursor middle, which makes aiming extremely hard.
also the distance alternates when the cursor is orbiting the middle.
OsuMe65
Not cool; should be fixed.
lit120
I get the point for that, but it's not like a bug or something

cursorcentre is similar like your desktop mouse, but i don't think that this one is highly recommended for other users as well for this cursorcentre
Floks
Why not just use cursor rotate, and cursor center on, and then skin a cursor that rotates around a center point? This isn't that hard to do with the default skinning options.

Edit: I have too much time. Also Clementine used a cursor with this sort of feature awhile back.