forum

Taiko no Tatsujin Web version

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clemaister
Hi guys !

Long time I didn't post anything on osu's forums.
I wanted to share what I'm currently working on, which is the web version of Taiko no Tatsujin.

Maps are generated from osu files, but the compatibility is not great for now.

Also, it is mainly developped with Chrome as test browser, so it may not work on other browsers for now.

It is of course still in developpement, but I put it online for testers and so you can see how it will look like.

The playable keys are c, v, b, n.

Give me feedback about anything!

(Click on the logo to access the test version)
Angelo
Nice! :D
H y y e i
Well, it has a lot of bugs, but the idea is so cool!
OnosakiHito
That's actually pretty interesting. I like that. Maybe you want to check out this in case you want to have some authentic taiko maps in your browser, so it feels more authentic like. Else, what you should try to fix is the distance between the notes. Even though they seem to be on time, their distance changes sometimes. Oh, and of course, having hitsounds would be nice.

I will keep an eye on this.
Aldwych
Wow.

Gl hf for this.
Flanster
Tested it on my phone (WP8.1) at work for fun.
XinCrin
It looks pretty cool

Eiuh
Nice idea you got here, just a few things that bothers me:

Maybe add some options? Controls and sound are the ones i would need the most.

Also it's hard to read the song names, maybe make the text horizontal (sideways)?
OzzyOzrock
Making it sideways would be very different from the official games :p I think he meant to keep an authentic feel.
Eiuh

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Making it sideways would be very different from the official games :p I think he meant to keep an authentic feel.
Oh didn't consider that. Still, i don't like it but looks like i'm gonna have to get used to it.
Oinari-sama
Nice work! Hope to see more options (eg Offset) in the future :)
Catgirl
Hi, I decided to check this out, mainly because I need something in a browser to play while at work. I have been playing Owatatsujin a bit but it's really trimmed down and the game doesn't feel right without hitsounds, and the timing ranges are super buggy.

I really like your version so far! It plays much nicer. The main complaint I have is that the offset on the map is off with no way to change it (noticed this on Senbonzakura Oni, haven't played others), but it seemed like the offset got worse as the map progressed. It's still playable but feels a little awkward.

Obviously I would like to see more songs added but nice work so far! It would be cool if this got expanded because it looks really sweet!

EDIT: clicking replay doesn't load mp3, and clicking off the tab completely breaks the map, neither is a huge issue. :D
[Ayase Eli]
Wow this is pretty cool! Now I can impress my friends when I don't have my computer around... The offset seems mega weird on some parts though and the spacing of the notes gets a bit funky, but overall this is really cool! I can't imagine how you managed to pull this off...
A Medic
This is a pretty cool idea some of the spacing between notes is awkward but overall it's fairly nice.
YAAAASCow
Cool! Just one thing, the key delay is kinda big. Other then that, you should try making things where you can input custom osu files. Good game nonetheless! :)
IamBaum
Great one, i hope this will get developed further
-Sh1n1-
Tatsujin~~ *-*/
pisu
Hey! im serious right now.... :? :? :?

it blocked the website in 2016

well Taiko no Owatatsujin is good on 2016 but you can choose oni(Demon) only

you can choose auto but you dont understand the letters are on more.... i didn put control now.. im testing.... well swag on!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
JTxElla
it seems the site is down, is this still going or is it canceled or moved elsewhere?
NENORI NO

OnosakiHito wrote:

That's actually pretty interesting. I like that. Maybe you want to check out this in case you want to have some authentic taiko maps in your browser, so it feels more authentic like. Else, what you should try to fix is the distance between the notes. Even though they seem to be on time, their distance changes sometimes. Oh, and of course, having hitsounds would be nice.

I will keep an eye on this.

Thank you!!
oofyXD
great! but will need some bug fixing on 2 players, and is there a ura diff?
Akumace1

oofyXD wrote:

great! but will need some bug fixing on 2 players, and is there a ura diff?
This project has obviously been abandoned so don’t get your hopes up for anything.