forum

Losing ranks!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Free Dimension
Why does it even happen. I download a completely fresh new song I have never played. I get an A rank with 98+ accuracy. And my reward is going down 200 ranks. ?????
FieryLight
Ranking tells you what rank you are. If someone overtakes you, you go down in rank. In a race, if you start sprinting and pass 400 people, it doesn't really matter since 600 people passed you while you were walking
Topic Starter
Free Dimension
Thanks for the clarification
pandaBee
Git gud.
ZenithPhantasm
You are too suck to get good rank
OzzyOzrock
lol

but yeah, client chooses to update your rank upon your next play, so even though that play didn't change anything, the score submit gave it a chance to update to what is currently correct; which is usually a lower rank than before.
Manysi
wasnt it -200? If so then you actually went up in rank
Yolshka

Sailexk wrote:

wasnt it -200? If so then you actually went up in rank

i have never seen something like +100 , +200 etc ever upon finishing a map. maybe i does tell you with red numbers like when losing acc idk that would be cool.
but yes -200 means you went up in rank.

and obviously there is no decay system here and i dont think 2 people can be on the same rank at the same time so if people take your rank you fall back and have to catch up.

FieryLight wrote:

In a race, if you start sprinting and pass 400 people, it doesn't really matter since 600 people passed you while you were walking
so yes , competition.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You are too suck to get good rank
agrid m80 fukin dweaboo skrubs
The Gambler
Play more, until RSI-chan starts knocking at your wrists. Then stop.
GoldenWolf

The Gambler wrote:

Play more, until RSI-chan starts knocking at your wrists. Then stop keep going, who needs hands anyway.
Bauxe

ShadyAngel wrote:

i have never seen something like +100 , +200 etc ever upon finishing a map. maybe i does tell you with red numbers like when losing acc idk that would be cool.
but yes -200 means you went up in rank.
Uh no, +200 means you go up in rank. I know this by the countless times I have seen my rank go between two values after each play. +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 etc.
Yuudachi-kun
+200 means you go DOWN in rank towards #1.
Bauxe
It's a ladder, where rank 1 is the top. Therefore as your rank number decreases, you are going up in rank.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

It's a ladder, where rank 1 is the top. Therefore as your rank number decreases, you are going up in rank.
I interpreted it has your rank number going down and just abbreviate that as rank.
Yolshka
it looks like i have absolutely no idea what im talking about of course khelly is right
E: guess i wasnt paying enough attention
E2: toned down the brightness on pic #2 to make it more visible

GoldenWolf

Khelly wrote:

1000 + 200 = 1200

that is further away from 1 than 1000
Manysi

GoldenWolf wrote:

Khelly wrote:

1000 + 200 = 1200

that is further away from 1 than 1000
I think he meant its worse. (If you want to be ''at the top''of the leaderboard you wanna be upper.)
winber1
it's not about the actual numbers

it's just the way peppy programmed it i guess, since when you see +200, your rank actually goes down by -200