Kalibe
Rereregrats Shiro !
Topic Starter
Shiro

a loli wrote:

wtf happened?

were most 1/4s removed or something?

02:29:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:31:262 (1,2,3,4,5) -

these are awkward to play, every other segment in the kiai section are 1/3 except these
yeah, their snap was wrong, they were actually 1/3
I'm not too happy about it either, I liked the 1/4 a lot more
Secretpipe
Hope it wont be dq'd again :'(
Mazzerin

a loli wrote:

Mazzerin wrote:

what's your point?

a loli wrote:

these are awkward to play, every other segment in the kiai section are 1/3 except these
4 star maps are also awkward to play for a player who has just started the game. complex patterns are awkward to play for a player who isn't used to them.
buny
A new player is going to find a 4 star map nearly impossible, not awkward to play. There's a difference between too hard and complex, and this pattern is awkward because before this segment, and every other kiai section, this repeats a few times but these select cases are 1/4.

and yeah i don't think anybody is going to be used to this pattern, because they all were 1/4 before
John Cena
I seriously approve of this! Good song and great map to compliment it!
Anxient

John Cena wrote:

I seriously approve of this! Good song and great map to compliment it!
what the hell is this name and profile pic
Stefan
I hope for god's sake the user won't appear in #osu, otherwise this is the apocalypse.
Secretpipe
LOL
Faust
Huh. People get concerned over the phrase "Japanese God " because there's some kind of silly arbitrary link to WW2 kamikaze fighters?? Anyway Shiro congratulations.
MillhioreF
I agree that the random 1/4 stream in that one 1/3 part is weird as heck, but I listened several times and that's just how the song is. I think it's a composition error or something since it doesn't happen again later in the song, but we just gotta roll with it instead of misrepresenting it as 1/3.
_index
honestly im not happy with changes at all, they're just plain stupid.
90% of those parts that got remapped in last few updates are not doing well at all.
what are those fours 1/3 ??????? why ?????????? and a random 5note 1/4 between them?

aside from a HUGE 1/4 stream (that was sometimes 1/3) the map was really polished and great, i am saying it because i played it a lot and didn't complain, which is rare for me. Now half of the map is just a stupid mess that is required to make it "easier" and doesnt even stand close to an old one.

im sad
why you did this
Ciyus Miapah

_index wrote:

90% of those parts that got remapped in last few updates are not doing well at all.
what are those fours 1/3 ??????? why ?????????? and a random 5note 1/4 between them?

aside from a HUGE 1/4 stream (that was sometimes 1/3) the map was really polished and great, i am saying it because i played it a lot and didn't complain, which is rare for me. Now half of the map is just a stupid mess that is required to make it "easier" and doesnt even stand close to an old one.

im sad
why you did this
rip gameplay
Topic Starter
Shiro

_index wrote:

im sad
why you did this
I'll upload a compiled version that brings back the cool stuff when the map gets ranked
buny
how about they're 1/4 to sustain the vocal and for playability issues? Most of the beats placed follow the vocals too, and the 1/3 is very hard to distinguish as well as it kills the intensity of the song

also,

01:44:451 (6,7) -
01:44:969 (9,10) - i still think these are super weird to hit; the distance looks like 1/2s but they are actually 1/4s

02:28:417 (4,5) - please consider mapping the red tick between these notes in each segment, the pausing feels strange

02:39:150 (4) - there should be another beat after this

03:25:831 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - feels like shit at 1/3 also. Can't this be mapped as 1/4 and passed as mapping the sustained flute in the bg?
Topic Starter
Shiro

a loli wrote:

how about they're 1/4 to sustain the vocal and for playability issues? Most of the beats placed follow the vocals too, and the 1/3 is very hard to distinguish as well as it kills the intensity of the song

also,

01:44:451 (6,7) -
01:44:969 (9,10) - i still think these are super weird to hit; the distance looks like 1/2s but they are actually 1/4s I've considered reducing the distance, but it would fuck with the pattern, I guess I'd need to rework it

02:28:417 (4,5) - please consider mapping the red tick between these notes in each segment, the pausing feels strange huh this is part of the structure but I can find something else

02:39:150 (4) - there should be another beat after this This one I have to disagree with. I'm focusing on the flute primarily and the sudden stop provided by the 1/4 sliders goes very well with it. Adding a circle (for the drum) would ruin the effect.

03:25:831 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - feels like shit at 1/3 also. Can't this be mapped as 1/4 and passed as mapping the sustained flute in the bg? Honestly, if it's possible, then I will very happily have this DQ'd a third time to put the 1/4 back in. It was a lot more intuitive and fun than the 1/3. I'll see with QATs if it's possible.
Tari
Mapper wants to change some snaps and I agree that some snaps should be changed. The section at 03:25:831 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - fits better if it's mapped to 1/4.
Topic Starter
Shiro
thank you so much Tari
I have a lot of other stuff to address too, but I'd like to have more opinions on the 1/4 or 1/3 stream in the middle.
buny
GL on #4
Shad0w1and
lol gl
Xilver15
Dreamtwolf

Dreamtwolf wrote:

04:51:538 (1) to 04:54:471 (32) - Editor say that numbers should go up from 15-18, the number reached 32 so add a new combo here 04:52:119 (10)? I don't know though but i guess you should add a new combo somewhere specific.
Now it is here Shiro 03:26:348 (16) ^^^^^^^^^^
CircleChu
02:29:581 (6) - missed a note here? :p
05:00:961 - try this http://puu.sh/mfr4d/854fa023bf.jpg

GL with rank :p
ConsumerOfBean
03:26:929 (25,26) - "This combo is very long. Try to split it up." - AImod 2015/16
buny

Xilver wrote:

02:29:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - what
there's a beat there in every repeat actually, i'm not sure what the reason was for not mapping before though
ayygurl
00:01:782 (3,3) - Please change this before you rank the map because you can make some nice shaped sliders and you did something just ugly to my eyes.
Nerova Riuz GX
personally i don't really like those NC placements, i believe more NCs can improve the readability.

something
00:06:034 (1) - tbh snapping this in 1/6 is more natural to me
00:34:918 (9,10,11,12) - recheck (12), there's a drum between (11) and (12)
00:36:585 (1,2,3) - if this thing is for the flute, then it should be snapped in 1/6, not 1/4
00:44:984 (1) - yes, another strange snapped thing to me
03:18:244 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - i don't think this part is snapped well, it's weird in 25%. sounds pretty strange on gameplay too.

w/e.
i just, dropped something here.
gl.
Topic Starter
Shiro

Xilver wrote:

02:29:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - what
02:27:512 (5) - is a drum hit
02:27:641 (6) - starts on a vocal and ends on a drum

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

personally i don't really like those NC placements, i believe more NCs can improve the readability.

something
00:34:918 (9,10,11,12) - recheck (12), there's a drum between (11) and (12) I chose to ignore it because xxx x is more intuitive to play than that weirdass fucked up rhythm
00:36:585 (1,2,3) - if this thing is for the flute, then it should be snapped in 1/6, not 1/4 I don't think adding a 1/6 burst to a 230 BPM map is a good idea
00:44:984 (1) - yes, another strange snapped thing to me drums
03:18:244 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - i don't think this part is snapped well, it's weird in 25%. sounds pretty strange on gameplay too. so does the entire solo, but 1/3 is what's closest here

w/e.
i just, dropped something here.
gl.
CodeS
Oh,it's back to the old name?

Cool.
02:39:020 (3,4) - wtf is this man? don't you think that would be nice to change this to something else? because this 1/4 thing suddenly shows up among 1/2 stuff. also i find it very strange because i cant really get which sounds you want to pick out with this.
i recommend to make something like this
Topic Starter
Shiro
Goes with the flute. Everything about it suddenly appearing and stopping is intended.
uhh...
consistency is everything. bunch of 1/4 sliders are welcomed if map is built around them (like in fanzhen's maps, for example), not when you put them in the middle of map full of 1/2 stuff and fuck everything up where you could place the rhythm with more ordinary objects.
also, in my opinion, song isn't invites to put suddenness in moment like this. song is going as fast as in other moments. why the hell do you need to put it here?
Nayrus

Shiro wrote:

a loli wrote:

wtf happened?

were most 1/4s removed or something?

02:29:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:31:262 (1,2,3,4,5) -

yeah, their snap was wrong, they were actually 1/3
I'm not too happy about it either, I liked the 1/4 a lot more
02:29:193 (1,2,3,4) i can clearly hear an instrument playing 1/4, so what about 02:29:193 (1,2,3,4) and 02:30:227 back to 1/4 since 02:31:262 (1,2,3,4,5) is still 1/4 too.
(I cant hear other notes except 02:29:193 anyways) (or these notes are <20hz)
Either way one will be snapped wrong in the end
[ Joey ]
Hey there, thought I'd stop by and give my opinion of something

I don't understand your use of these repeating patterns, like this 00:50:266 (1,2,3,4,5) - and this 00:58:537 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - and 01:25:313 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
It seems like you were just trying to make a fun pattern, rather than trying to represent the music. There is nothing in the song that is repeating in these areas, and you do it throughout your entire map. It makes no sense to me, and is just a complete over-use of the same type of pattern over and over again in places where it doesn't even fit.

Sometimes the repeating patterns you use do make sense, at parts like this 01:02:287 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
Topic Starter
Shiro

[ Joey ] wrote:

I don't understand your use of these repeating patterns, like this 00:50:266 (1,2,3,4,5) - and this 00:58:537 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - and 01:25:313 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
It seems like you were just trying to make a fun pattern, rather than trying to represent the music. There is nothing in the song that is repeating in these areas, and you do it throughout your entire map. It makes no sense to me, and is just a complete over-use of the same type of pattern over and over again in places where it doesn't even fit.

Sometimes the repeating patterns you use do make sense, at parts like this 01:02:287 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
... listen to the big stringed instrument that looks like a harp laid down
[ Joey ]

Shiro wrote:

[ Joey ] wrote:

... listen to the big stringed instrument that looks like a harp laid down
Ohhh ok, I see what you're doing now. However, don't you think that it's a little weird to map a noise that is so faint, rather than mapping the more prominent noises? Maybe it's just my ear phones, but I can hardly hear that instrument, especially through the hitsounds.
Topic Starter
Shiro
o.O
I can hear it very clearly, in fact it's the instrument I hear most at those points (as I generally map the most prominent sounds)
Aiceo
I thought you said this was going to grave?
Topic Starter
Shiro

Aiceo wrote:

I thought you said this was going to grave?
Are you disappointed ?
I originally wanted it to grave, but I eventually decided against it because there's no reason for me to grave it. Sure it was DQ'd three times, but that doesn't mean the map is shit or beyond hope, and I really want it ranked, so I'll continue trying.
Aiceo
No I'm not disappointed to see you working on getting this map ranked, however I feel like this map will need a few more centuries of work to be any good. That's the disappointing part.
show more