[UFoaRJG]Thanks for the mod!
- Yea intro sliders. I would lower the SV even a bit more. 0.40x or 0.35x. 00:23:701 (8) - This feels really natural. If you can get speeds like that. They're already at 0.5 =(
- 00:03:657 (4) - 00:04:821 (6) - 00:06:049 (8) - I would NC all of them just because long sliders + same combo (and thus same combo color) just looks kinda bad imo. Plus separating each iteration is also rhythmic. (You can do every two if you prefer, but reduced combo would look better).
- 00:21:953 (3) - ^NC here would be nice too. and 00:23:701 (8) - . NC spam is fine with slow instrumental sections imo.
- 00:41:673 - I think you could map this since you've been following the drums very closely up until now (and with the triplets that follow). Oh I never noticed this, thanks
- 00:47:298 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - This doesn't really sound like 1/4 streams to me xP. I would use some sort of 1/4 or 1/8 repeat slider here instead since the sound is more held than a bunch of taps/clicks. The sound is held, but the 1/4 provides an awesome and brutal transition from the slow part into the more lively part of the song.
- 00:50:272 (4,6,8) - The overlaps aren't perfect. I think you might have accidentally moved a slider a bit cuz the pattern is a bit off compared to your usual overlaps They are the same slider rotated
- 00:57:384 (7,8,9) - It's a sharp triplet + turn that doesn't really emphasize much in the music. I would just improve the flow here, make it less sharp since its creating emphasis that isn't in the music. it actually plays very smoothly but ok
- 01:03:850 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - Complete the parallel pattern? wasn't easy but done
- 01:12:126 (1,2,3,4) - 3,4 are more prominent drums imo. I would give them more spacing than 1>2 good point, changed
- 01:33:591 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This overlap pattern doesn't seem too succcessful imo mainly because 01:34:497 (5) - the slider-end is a very different sound profile compared to the other sliders 01:33:850 (2,8) -. changed
- 01:38:764 (1,2,3) - The negative space in between the sliders isn't even. If you care to fix: 01:39:022 (2) - Ctrl+G, then Rotate by -4 degrees from selection center, then Ctrl+G. yes it is =(
- 01:43:936 (3,6,9) - This is kinda hard to read because the whole tail-half of the sliders are overlapped including the slider-edge which makes it extra hard to read. I'm cool with the overlap but can you move them up a bit so the edge is visible so theres better visual cue? I will disagree with this one. None of the testplayers had any problems reading this.
- 02:21:953 (9) - I really wish you'd NC this, it would fit really well to halve the combo here to fit the change in the pattern.
- 02:39:022 (3) - This kickslider was kinda random lol. I mean, it works, but you use so few kick sliders that i feel just a circle here would have been good enough. If you want to map the blue tick do a triplet maybe. Otherwise i could say like 02:42:384 (5) - Why not do a kickslider here too for the same sound. that's not a kickslider, also the first one has a 1/4 slider because of the flute (the second one has no flute)
- 02:42:384 (5) - Gap felt kinda awkward for me. How about just mapping it since you dont have 1/1 gaps elsewhere in this section. One-time occurences like this just feel out of place rather than "different" xP. what gap o_O
- 02:48:074 (2,3,4) - You could space these out quite a bit more tbh. Considering the difficulty of the song, 1/4 slider-jumps would fit better than using low DS. I want to make the flute stand out here, so the low spacing contrasts with the rest
- 03:25:057 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - I wish this stream were a bit more interesting xP. An (imperfect) circular stream just felt a bit lame to me sry lol. The instruments go up and down in scale here, having a stream shape that captures that change would be nice. That's what I had at first and people complained, now they get the boring easy stream.
- 04:03:721 (9) - I would remove the slider and add a circle instead. Maintaining momentum here would be really nice. But when you put a 1/2 repeat players will just click and hold at/near the slider-head. If you add a circle then it gives continuous motion to the players. You have back/forth screen jumps shortly after this pattern so the continued movement would help. k
- 04:19:367 (5,9) - NC'ing them would definitely help with readability since players can visually identify the pattern change through color.
- 04:53:981 (6) - NC would be cool.
I don't really like how you did the NC xP. You can spam NC more often to make your patterns easier to identify. You'll see that one of the many changes that came with modern, 2015 mapping is that mappers tend to spam NC. You see Insanes and Extra's that are ranked where total combo count might rarely even exceed 6 or 7 in Kiai because of NC spam every half-measure even. I don't think this NC spam concept is a 2015 style though, i feel like its more of an adaption from previous mapping styles being difficult to read as mappers began to use more overlaps and harder-to-read patterns. Not all things that were changed between say 2012 to 2015 constitute as part of a new style.
Note that I didn't ignore the NC mods, but I redid the comboing entirely.