forum

Full-on Player Timelines

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Comet
An idea I've had in mind for a while, this could be located in the collapsible bars on "X" user's userpage under the Historical tab (I mean as a an additional tab to be added, not actually UNDER the Historical tab, you know, for those who are confused). At basic level, it would have the ability to filter through either every single play the user has ever made over the years (click and drag on the graph, left and right, and each play would be represented by it's grade, Like A, B, C, etc.), or just songs with no combo breaks (Which are usually considered as Full Combos.) The ability to switch between these two varities of history would be via a small check box in the upper left or right corner. When moused over, each play would give the beatmap link and if said play wasn't an FC it could list if it was FC'ed at a later time on "00/00/00" Date, for ease of accessibility. And, as a sidenote, if the player made several plays during that time and it were ever a whole bunch of grouped letter grades that couldn't be moused over individually, a zoom-in feature could be implemented.

That's the basic geist of it, but many more things could be added as it might look cleaner that way -- Such as map stats (CS, AR, etc.), or the total PP gained. With a bit of work and polishing I could consider this to be very nice, and just might work well!

And, yes, I took the inspiration for this from several third party sites that measure a users' osu activity (played maps, etc.), but none of them are that detailed and usually have a limit of 3 months to a year, depending. Making this a full-on feature, would (in my opinion) be pretty desirable. :)

So, what do you guys think?
Bara-
I don't really like it, as some people have an immensly high amount of plays, it'll never fit
I have 13k plays (which is not much) and even that will be impossible to navigate

Or I understand this wrong, can you please make an image to show what you mean?
Topic Starter
Comet
Click & Drag will be enabled, as well as zoom in/out so that means you could zoom out a lot and navigate quicker that way by clicking and dragging
Topic Starter
Comet
I love how this has 51 post views and literally no-one has spoke up, come on people I want to hear your thoughts :P
Dianthus

Cometblazer wrote:

At basic level, it would have the ability to filter through either every single play the user has ever made
You do realize there are a lot of players who have over a hundred thousand plays? Even looking through a thousand plays would seem pretty much pointless to me, what would you do with a hundred thousand? Seeing what they have played doesn't even give you anything.