forum

Osu!mania International Tournament 2015(MIT2015)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Konner-
I probably would have stayed and helped if i wasn't constantly told to "stop your shit Konner" and blamed in every post and message which was sent out to players (which i only know about because of the players showing them to me and telling me how offended they were by those messages).

Honestly, it is not worth the time and effort trying to get through to Ingen. I spent a few days doing so and kept getting more blunt and serious with each message but none of it lead to anything. I Also offered to take over in organisation but that offer didn't even receive a response. It was completely ignored.

I do agree that constant shitposting and flaming is a bad idea. However, Ingen has made so many people angry in the background and hasn't made any effort to calm the fires of what he has done. So in all honesty, it is on him. I am sorry if you think that this post is out of line but i know a lot of what happened during the group stages. I was basically the one doing all of the organising of players during that stage. If Ingen disagrees with this, there are many players who can tell you otherwise.
Ascendance
I guess it's in every team's right to quit the tournament, but if you're going to quit, it's better not to spill so much shit on the way out... It's best to resolve things in pm with Ingen, and if he doesn't want to listen then there is no point in continuing to argue with him. Just leave, wait for the conclusion of the tournament, and then bring up your issues. If the issues are so bad that they need to be discussed immediately, just pm him or a member of Tournament Management.

A lot of stuff is said here about "this tournament is just getting worse", but imo, creating more drama than there already is isn't helping it. Just be patient and hopefully we can resolve these things with more peaceful means... Maybe Ingen will rethink some things staff has said and accept some new ideas.
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
I'm sorry but i disagree in some parts. Kami yes i waited end to Group Stage and not during, then it's false because Steins told me to add more referees, i did. I changed MIT system due to a decision with my map selectors, in more you're guy who gave most ideas and i listened you. I disagree with the fact some players say we wanted help you. I accepted help to players wanted to help me and don't shout on me for them pleasure.

I accepted help to my staff, if MIT changed it's due to learn to my staff, i can't accept that Kami. Yes i had problems with two members due to personal reason i disagree and not with them work, to my staff but all the others are always here.

But of couse, much players here forget to say, the threat or insult against me, like you Kami. I accepted ideas to my staff after Group Stage because it was necessary. Then i apologizes to every players. Then about say Ingen didn't manage the players, it's false, 5 matchs had no referees in Group Stage and yes i was not there due to my health but everyone seems don't understand that. And 1 match had problems to referees because my internet dropped.= but i sent apologizes to everyone, then everyone forget to say about boycott organise by a mania group than 2 guys here posted support

Then i listen players, i just spoke with Halogen for have his bracket because i have no answers from editors. About MIT now, MIT semi-final will be 14 and 15 November for know who continue MIT and let Korea and China play them match.
aitor98

Ascendance wrote:

I guess it's in every team's right to quit the tournament, but if you're going to quit, it's better not to spill so much shit on the way out... It's best to resolve things in pm with Ingen, and if he doesn't want to listen then there is no point in continuing to argue with him. Just leave, wait for the conclusion of the tournament, and then bring up your issues. If the issues are so bad that they need to be discussed immediately, just pm him or a member of Tournament Management.

A lot of stuff is said here about "this tournament is just getting worse", but imo, creating more drama than there already is isn't helping it. Just be patient and hopefully we can resolve these things with more peaceful means... Maybe Ingen will rethink some things staff has said and accept some new ideas.
I talked with Ingen and I think that now he's able to hear people ideas, or things like that. Okey, Ingen did it wrong, he tried to fix it, he had a mistake with the schedules, that can happen, but there was other mistake. All the blame of this thread was unnecessary at all. If there was no blame, I think this tournament would go forward better than now. Ingen is trying as hard as he can to fix all this, and at least finish this. The replies of this thread are not helping in nothing of Ingen. More pressure, stress.... Those conditions are hard for work. And Ingen is not guilty of the abscence of his staff. He is not god, he can't manage all the tournament, that's why a staff exists. And other thing is, the countries. Some countries left the tournament because of all the shit that is going on. At least I wanna thank those teams who at least said "hey, we're not going to participate more" or something like that. There were some teams that they didn't say nothing, they didn't even go to the match, they did NOTHING and Ingen and his staff waited 30 minutes for at least an answer. Yes, 30 minutes may be too much but, he wanted to assure that the match wasn't going to be WBD.

Ingen is doing a hard work, maybe not a perfect work, but maybe other one would leave out this tournament long ago. I just wanna thank to Ingen for staying strong and bringing forward this tournament.
Ascendance

aitor98 wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

I talked with Ingen and I think that now he's able to hear people ideas, or things like that. Okey, Ingen did it wrong, he tried to fix it, he had a mistake with the schedules, that can happen, but there was other mistake. All the blame of this thread was unnecessary at all. If there was no blame, I think this tournament would go forward better than now. Ingen is trying as hard as he can to fix all this, and at least finish this. The replies of this thread are not helping in nothing of Ingen. More pressure, stress.... Those conditions are hard for work. And Ingen is not guilty of the abscence of his staff. He is not god, he can't manage all the tournament, that's why a staff exists. And other thing is, the countries. Some countries left the tournament because of all the shit that is going on. At least I wanna thank those teams who at least said "hey, we're not going to participate more" or something like that. There were some teams that they didn't say nothing, they didn't even go to the match, they did NOTHING and Ingen and his staff waited 30 minutes for at least an answer. Yes, 30 minutes may be too much but, he wanted to assure that the match wasn't going to be WBD.

Ingen is doing a hard work, maybe not a perfect work, but maybe other one would leave out this tournament long ago. I just wanna thank to Ingen for staying strong and bringing forward this tournament.
Yeah Ingen is a good person for setting up MIT, sure nothing is perfect and there are some issues, but for the next MIT, expect these to be resolved, as things get better through time!
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
In more i want added i always trust to come back to teams in MIT, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, i was your referees because i trusted you come back and i was your referees for show you, i'm here, i'm not doing something other like some thinks.

Then yes i had problems with members to my staff but t's personal, i can't accept a guy send a message to players for say i'm doing bad works and support a boycott. Help and organise a boycott is different.

Do you think organise a boycott after 1 round was normal, No. You didn't let any second chance to me than i heard i did mistakes and i changed that for you. Then i didn't insult or threat any map selectors. I guess someone said that for support the things but Blocko, Ziem and Skalim will told you the true. Same i never insulted Marirose leaved with a bad mappool and not finish.

Yes i have problems to health, so i'm not able to manage match on morning and nights but referees was there for round of 16. Because i listened your comments.

Just for add to aitor, yes i'm kind with all of them, because Korea was there for his match, the full team, they respected the UTC, like Indonesia and SAR. Not China
Kamikaze
Funny thing is that you accepted things that I've said alongside Ziemniak and Skalim (took a while as well) that were mostly Konner's ideas that I talked throughwith him, and you straight up ignored them when he said it.
I wasn't anywhere near the epicenter of this catastrophy, but I saw most of the things you said to him and "stop your shit" was probably the #1 most common phrase used, which can give an image of what the situation looked like. Which is you being incredibly dense about some things. For example any sort of change in the tournament structure. If you're trying hard to improve the tournament then fine, so be it but damage has been done and this is something you cannot repair and you have to accept the punishment for it. Saying "stop your shit" to me, konner, or anyone else from the staff frequently is at least unacceptable given your situation. I'm sure those who were in the epicenter of this mess can say way more about it. For now, consider me as a bystander, I'm not going to post here anymore, nor follow this event any further.
Finishing up mappools will take me 30 minutes and won't bother me anyway, so I'll do it, don't worry about it.
I hope you'll learn your lesson.
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
Yes i said that because sent to every players, i'm not good and you'll must leave MIT is not a good things. And you, you don't remember, you insulted and threat me. You told me i insulted Halogen and players in them back than it's false. I said that to 3 members, but i let you pleasure to ask every members to the staff. But of course you don't, because you think 3 guys are egual to 15. Then I always respected every players here, same if they didn't show up.

I'll not accept lesson or help to guy who try to destroy effort. I'm free for speak with every players in pm, i spoke with FelipeLink, he understood me but he came kindly.

ShaRPII, i'll be okay for discuss with you.
-Konner-
I think that you are not understand the difference between sharing information and boycotting. I sent out a message to explain some issues to people and to give them a warning about what might happen. The message that i had sent, had multiple parts which said that "The tournament is not currently cancelled and i do not know what is happening at this time". At no point did i tell people not to attend matches or the tournament in general.
Kephin
okay it seems that you guys are trying to sort things out..
Ingen, as a participant I want to ask the same question again, is this tournament still going with your new schedule? (my match is appointed on Saturday this week btw)

Edit : this tournament is still in quarter-final stage.. I believe you already know lol
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
And you sent to players to don't continue to participate, than you don't have to do that. This is how i won't continue to work with you but like i said it's personal.

Kephin, i jut didn't updated MIT 1st page and yes still in quarter final
-Konner-

Ingen1334 wrote:

And you sent to players to don't continue to participate

-Konner- wrote:

At no point did i tell people not to attend matches or the tournament in general.
Are you implying that i am lying? You can ask players if you like, there is none who i told or asked not to participate. You blamed me for players not participating even before i left so you are clearly just looking for someone to blame.
[Crz]DpXiaodong
It's true that Ingen had did a great job in solving all kinds of problems . And I felt greatful about he help me work out the problem of stream. But I wanna say that the management are quiet now . So..did Ingen solve the problem by himself? Or he talk to someone one by one or he had create another group? China team had been piss off just because the tournament had made too much mistake , and the issue of schedule can't be forgiven.
By the way, did everyone remember what Ingen said while he hold up tournament the first time?
The tournament were hold for fun! Don't be serious like that guys.
Please,Join it with a entertaining heart.
projectc1
is this tournament still up ?

because i havent see any mappoll, result at quarter-final (+ sudden match at wednesday) or new match schedule.

also i f i can suggest something to ingen, please next time bring some of your trustable friend to be your translator to help you communicate with your staff because from what i can see in this thread, you're bad at communicate with some staff and it really affect so much that this tornament become really mess up because of your poor communication.

and also this year is even messier than last year, i already anticipated that you'll get trouble at group stage but never thought it would be this train-wreck at all. -_-
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
No it's still up but like i said, i wait answer to team for know who continue MIT. Currently 3, so i wait always
Halogen-
Yeah, like... with this much of a layover, I was really hoping to at least see a map-pool. =/
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
I wait answer to USA, if USA is always up we can continue semi-final and final easily
-Squishy
Why do you need to wait?
If the team doesn't show up its a loss for them, and they can tell you anytime if they want to forfeit. It shouldn't be hard to update the thread if teams decide to bail out on the last minute.
Kephin

Squishykorean wrote:

Why do you need to wait?
If the team doesn't show up its a loss for them, and they can tell you anytime if they want to forfeit. It shouldn't be hard to update the thread if teams decide to bail out on the last minute.
frankly speaking, I think the same also
in fact ingen, you're the organizer, so you're the one who decide.. you don't need to wait for anyone
Steins
Let's finish this ~
-Squishy
Any news on MIT? It's been two weeks so the matches should start tomorrow yet there is no map pool nor schedule.
Kephin

Squishykorean wrote:

Any news on MIT? It's been two weeks so the matches should start tomorrow yet there is no map pool nor schedule.
I think ingen is still waiting for your country's answer.
if not, then he's waiting for mappools
Steins
I think ingen is just missing somewhere. I will ask to stuff for next week.. If nobody will answer then this tournament is totally out. I can't make schedule as a referee so sorry if i can't manage the rest without "organizator".
You are free to ask me IG for take some news about this ~

Bracket
Kephin

Steins wrote:

I think ingen is just missing somewhere. I will ask to stuff for next week.. If nobody will answer then this tournament is totally out. I can't make schedule as a referee so sorry if i can't manage the rest without "organizator".
You are free to ask me IG for take some news about this ~

Bracket
MIT starts again after 2 weeks of inactivity
-Konner-

Steins wrote:

Bracket
Example of a functional bracket, which isn't drawn in paint.

Might as well get this over with, no harm in that. gl and hf B)
Steins
thank konner, i hope it will be fine about organization. I will glad if people can help me, i never tried that.

Semi Finals (Saturday 21st / Sunday 22nd November)

Timezones:

Indonesia = UTC + 7

South Korea = UTC + 9

Malaysia = UTC + 8

USA = UTC - 5 (EST) /////// UTC - 8 (PST)

1st Match: Malaysia Vs USA
1AM / 01:00 UTC;

USA = 9PM / 21:00 (UTC - 5 (EST)) /////// 6PM / 18:00 (UTC - 8 (PST)) (Saturday)

Malaysia = 9AM / 09:00 (UTC + 8) (Sunday)

changed into 2:00 AM UTC +0 (10 AM GMT +8) asked by Malaysia team

2nd Match: Indonesia Vs South Korea
9AM / 09:00 UTC;

Indonesia = 4pm / 16:00 (UTC + 7) (Sunday)

South Korea = 6pm / 18:00 (UTC + 9) (Sunday)

MIT Full Rules Listing (As of 18th November)
  1. This tournament is participated in teams. These teams are limited to one per country and all players are limited to participating only on the team which their flag matches.
  2. Each team can have up to 8 players (5 main player slots and 3 slots which are optional and to be used for substitutes).
  3. The 5 main players are each assigned to a single specific keymode and are locked to that keymode. Substitutes are allowed to play any of the 5 keymodes but are not to be used more than once in a single match.
  4. All players are permitted to use the mods "Flashlight", "Hidden" and "Fade in" if they chose to. (If the referee has not enabled "free mods", feel free to ask the referee to enable it for you).
  5. Each keymode will have a mappool of 5 maps. Each team will be given one ban per keymode (to be decided by the player of each keymode during their turn at playing). Up to 3 maps will be played for each keymode (best of 3)
  6. Captains will take turns deciding which order the keymodes will be played in. This will be following a deciding roll for the first pick from each captain.
  7. Keymodes may also be forfeited if necessary (1 point to the opposing team). Please inform the referees of this before the match begins.
  8. All matches will take place on Saturdays and Sundays (UTC). Bare in mind that some matches may take place on a friday for some timezones.
  9. In the case of a team being down to 4 players. The team will be given the option to have one member of the team, play two keymodes instead of one.
  10. All map selectors and other staff members are forbidden from revealing mappools early to any participent of the tournament.
  11. In the case that no members of the tournament staff are online in the osu client at the time of a match. The match will be postponed.
  12. Matches will be a best of 5 based. Points will be given for each keymode (best of 3).
  13. At least 1 member of each team must be present in order to start a match. If a team does not have a player present within 10 minutes, they will forfeit the match.
  14. Each player is given the option to pick one warmup map before the start of their mappool picks.
  15. Feel free to pm a member of staff in game if you have any questions or require anymore information regarding the tournament.

New staff:

Organizers:

Steins

-Konner-

MIT's Streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/xkonner

Streamers:

-Konner-

Renosoko

Referee:

Steins (as possible)

Ascendance ( USA vs Malaysia )

MIT's maps selector:

1. _underjoy

2. Skalim

3. Blocko

4. -Kamikaze-

MIT's editors:

1. Hanae
About rewards we try to fix it, don't blame us if we can't get supporter tags and MIT tags. But my editor will make banners for 1st, 2nd, 3th

1. Camellia as "Bang Riot" - Blastix Riotz [Shirou's INFINITE] (6,09*)
  2. Kazmasa - FIRE FIRE (Kazmasa Remix) [OVERFLOW] (4,91*)
  3. Various - Yolomania Selections [Skwid's Draw the Emotional x Foreground Eclipse - Escapes] (5,54*)
  4. antiPLUR - Speed of Link Luminous] (5.05*)
  5. t+pazolite - Drunk Crunk Franken [4k SHD] (5,68*)

1. weyheyhey !! - I'm Your Daddy [5key Challenge] (5.55*)
  2. siromaru - Absurd Gaff[Gekido-'s [5K Annihilation] (5.50*)
  3. memme - Chinese Restaurant [5k SHD] (5.11*)
  4. Xi - Akasha [5K OverJoy] (5.13*)
  5. xi - Fiat Lux [5K EXTREME] (5.29*)

1. Super Star MITSURU - Thank You For Playing ~ [Kemo's 6K ~ Thank You For Playing ~] (5,66*)
    2. xi - Blue Zenith[ 6k Rage] (5,44*)
    3. S.S.H. - Intersect Thunderbolt-Remix [6k Rage!!] (5,41*)
    4. Yuuna Sasara feat. Tai no Kobone - Imperishable Night 2006 [6k Black Another] (5,39*)
    5. BlackY vs. Yooh - XROSS INFECTION [Rage!!] (5,38*)

1. Iceman - Shining Collection [Erox's SHD] (6,23*)
    2. ZEN - CHALLENGE 003.1 [(-Kamikaze-) kemu feat.GUMI - Kamisama Nejimaki] (6,24*)
    3. rerulili - Nou Shou Sakuretsu Girl [Insane] (6,31*)
    4. Ayatsugu_Otowa - Tsumetai Missitsu to Hakasetachi no Huyajyou [Jinjin's Cold Nocturne] (6,75*)
    5. senya - Tsuki ni Murakumo Hana ni Kaze [Lunatic] (7,29*)

1. Hecq - Dstrukt [8K Obliteration obj.Kamikaze] (5,64*)
    2. dj_amps - Flaps [symmetry] (5,55*)
    3. Is-m - MooN [8K -SP LN HYPER-] (6,28*)
    4. Team Grimoire - C18H27NO3 [Black R-nother] (5,62*)
    5. siromaru - Absurd Gaff [8K Abomination] (6,2*)
lemonguy
Oh god is that my drunk drunk franken map? Why was that picked, that map is so bad lmaooooo pls ban it xD
It was my 2nd 4k map ever, and I was terrible at mapping back then ;w;
projectc1
mappoll quality scares me n many ways, dang.

and also good luck steins for taking control this tornament (temporary / permanent till the end)
Steins

Gekido- wrote:

Oh god is that my drunk drunk franken map? Why was that picked, that map is so bad lmaooooo pls ban it xD
It was my 2nd 4k map ever, and I was terrible at mapping back then ;w;
don't be shy cute lady ~

thank You Project
Ascendance
Hi Steins. I've done a lot of work in tournaments in general, having hosted 9 of my own, so I have a bit of experience if you're curious while reading this. If you need any help in management or organization at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. I've been keeping my eye on this thread, so now that things are back underway I feel like I can appropriately help now. I didn't really want to before since it's not my tournament to take over =w= Let me know!
Steins
Oh thanks, i will pm You later :)
lemonguy
I get to play my own map for 5k ayylmao
Steins
Malaysia team ask if match can be played at 2:00 AM UTC +0 (10 AM GMT +8), stilll waiting USA captain answer.
[Crz]DpXiaodong
Good luck :)
-Konner-
There has been some confusion about one of the matches, so i have changed the layout of the schedule a bit.
I apologise to the members of the USA team for the inconvenience.

Semi Finals (Sunday 22nd November) (UTC)

(If you see any problems with these times / timezones, please feel free to pm me about it)

Timezones:

Indonesia = UTC + 7

South Korea = UTC + 9

Malaysia = UTC + 8

USA = UTC - 5 (EST) /////// UTC - 8 (PST)

1st Match: Malaysia Vs USA (Win for Malaysia)
2AM / 02:00 UTC;

USA = 9PM / 21:00 (UTC - 5 (EST)) /////// 6PM / 18:00 (UTC - 8 (PST)) (Saturday)

Malaysia = 10AM / 10:00 (UTC + 8) (Sunday)

This match was changed to 2:00 AM UTC +0 (10 AM UTC +8) by request of the Malaysian team.

2nd Match: Indonesia Vs South Korea (Win for Indonesia)
9AM / 09:00 UTC;

Indonesia = 4pm / 16:00 (UTC + 7) (Sunday)

South Korea = 6pm / 18:00 (UTC + 9) (Sunday)
Steins
Good luck and have fun for this week, i hope all players will enjoy with news rules and organization ~ :)
-Konner-
Malaysia Vs USA ended as a 3-0 victory for Malaysia.

The keys played for each point were 8k > 7k > 6k. (5k and 4k were played / streamed afterwards for the remaining players)

Here is the MP link for anyone who is interested:
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/20420018
-Konner-
Indonesia Vs South Korea ended as a 3-2 Victory for Indonesia.

Sorry for all of the delays in this match. Thank you to all of the players on both teams for showing up and being patient with us.

Here are the MP links for anyone who wants them (there are two because of a lobby needing to be re made):
MP Link Part 1 (5k and most of 6k)
MP Link Part 2 (rest of 6k, 7k, 8k, 4k)
Steins
dionzz99
OMG GET REKT KOREA
show more