forum

Osu!mania International Tournament 2015(MIT2015)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
Hi everyone :)

I'm sorry for that but due to some personal reason, i need to change again the date to live of pools. So the new date will be Saturday 3 October 15:00 GMT+2

I want excuse me again for that and hope it will be fine for you. :)
WB FangSy
ok
WB FangSy
good
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
I understand, but it's the only date i changed due to problems, i'm sorry FangSy for that, i won't give bad informations, just it's really important i change date to that.

I hope you understand

Just for players, live of pools is for make groups, your presence is not obligatory, FangSy you'll can watch later of course :)
spoonguy
hype
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
Hi everyone :)

First, 2 matchs schedule changed:

United Kingdom vs Philippines is now Sunday 13:00 UTC+0

and Germany vs Scandinavian Countries is now Saturday 17:00 UTC+0

Second, I add new rules for people understand more, this is first four teams to each groups which pass in round of 16 and MIT is now a double elimination tournament

Then, 3 more days before release the mappool, it will be a staff member who'll release mappool ;)

Thank to Raidexx for his work beautiful and more work will come from him, for people interested, MIT have a new banner now
Halogen-
I am not sure how much information has been relayed to Etienne, but:

Halogen- wrote:

Erm... completely forgot about this but I'm definitely a bit burnt out when it comes to playing tournaments; after MWC, I'm gonna take a competitive hiatus for a bit. With that being said, I think you should contact EtienneXC about playing if he is up for it. I'm definitely not, though.

Since I am apparently locked in as a primary, I might as well say that I actually am putting up availability for matches as long as Etienne is alright with it. I told him a bit back that I wanted him to take over matches, but I know that he is also busy with his cross-country stuff and that might occasionally extend into weekends (or at the least, he might want to rest).

So... the USA team can count on me for at least some of the matches, though I'm gonna try to work things out in a way where we essentially reverse roles with one another, making him the primary while I'm the sub.
aitor98
Just a short comment.

The Group Stage Mappool is going to be released the 10th of October at 00:00 UTC+2. If there's a problem with that hour, just reply this message and I'll try to answer (maybe change) as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the support.
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
Halogen like i didn't had any message from Nivrad00 i let you main but if Nivrad, Etienne and you, are okay, you'll be subs and Etienne main
Kamikaze
Man, can't wait to see pepole playing my pools =^)
Topic Starter
Ingen1334

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Man, can't wait to see pepole playing my pools =^)
Yeah i think, it's the same for every map selectors and players are really excited to see the mappools :)
Nivrad00
I'm okay with Etienne being main and Halogen being sub

Hype for mappools !!!
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
USA team is fixed
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
I let until 17 October 2015 for Korea to find a 4k player or they will be disqualified to MIT
Gumi Fumo

Ingen1334 wrote:

I let until 17 November 2015 for Korea to find a 4k player or they will be disqualified to MIT
Do you mean 17 October? Please tell me you're not going to wait 5 weeks for Korea to come up with 1 more player
aitor98

Cryolien wrote:

Ingen1334 wrote:

I let until 17 November 2015 for Korea to find a 4k player or they will be disqualified to MIT
Do you mean 17 October? Please tell me you're not going to wait 5 weeks for Korea to come up with 1 more player
He means 17 of October. There aren't going to be any changes.
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
My mistake...

Yes, don't worry, 17 October, thank aitor :D
aitor98
Hello. As I said 2 days ago, here is the Group Stage Mappool.

1.Jugem-T - G-SYMPHONiCORE (Quick Draw) [4K EXH]
2.Hinoisuka - Delightness Brightness (schwarzvgrune) [Another]
3.The Ghost of 3.13 - Last Star In The Universe (Shoegazer) [Nocturne]

1.Sakuzyo - Black Lair (alsdudrj) [5K Super Hard]
2.Yak_Won - Out Of The Blue (Ez2dj_7144) [nowsmart's 5K insane]
3.MIssionary - Nameless Missionary (biemote) [5K Mega]

1. Jun.A - Shoujo Kisou Kyoku ~ Dream Battle (MeowPaz) [Bie's 6K MX]
2. M2U - Prince of Darkness (DiamondV) [6K HD Lv.16]
3. Ryu* - Plan 8 (-Silver King-) [AncuL's 6K Another]

1. Super Star MITSURU - Thank You For Playing ~ (Steins) [Raika's 7K ~ Thank You For Playing~ ]
2. SHK - Halloween Party (DarkSider2442) [Kivi's Insane]
3. ETIA. - Lost Love (spoonguy) [7k Insane]

1. Hoshizora Rin (CV.Iida Riho) & Nishikino Maki (CV.Pile) - Beat in Angel (dosyeru) [Another]
2. sampling masters MEGA - rottel-the-Mercury (-Kamikaze-) [8K Another]
3. Warak - REANIMATE (Rayz141) [Reanimated obj. Kamikaze]

Hope you enjoy it and see you in the tournament!
Kurisu Makise
Oh my scotch, my diff in 7k pool :)
Kamikaze
Yo dawg I heard you like scratches =^)
Sern888
cool
PANDAAAAAAAA
Wow my 5K diff.
jose-dan
Cuack :v
aitor98

jose-dan wrote:

Cuack :v
aitor98
Hello again :D

Just a short comment like the last one.

The Round of 16 Mappool is going to be released the 19th of October at 00:00 UTC+2. You can check your local time here.
Before the Mappool, we're going to post the scores as soon as the last match ends (Last game starts at 21:00 UTC+2).

Thanks for all the support.
AncuL
"The player can use FL, HD and Fade In but this is not obligatory"
change this into
The player can use Flashlight, Hidden and Fade In but this is not obligatory
-Konner-
hype ;^)
Tifyron

aitor98 wrote:

3. ETIA. - Lost Love (spoonguy) [7k Insane]
Why on earth did this get picked? It is so old it has the crappy hitsounds during LN holds, and I had to put local offset at -48 to even play it.
Halogen-
Thanks for the no-shows, Canada. Nice and respectful of you to have numerous players no-show.
Halogen-
Alright, so I'm going to come out and say this and I hope staff of this tournament gets angry/upset about it -- maybe it'll make you guys do a better job.

This tournament is an absolute joke. If you guys were going to have matches that ran so long, your scheduling blocks needed to be much more refined. The fact that I had to sit 20 minutes past one of my match times because you needed a "temporary referee" to get stuff done due to an unreliable staff is absolutely insane. You can't run a successful event with this many teams on a live stage with half-assed micro-management and that's exactly what this looks like.

The staff of this tournament needs to get together and seriously figure out what they're going to do so that this can be run properly, because right now, this is an embarrassment.
tryaway
Damn, you got more map selectors and streamers than referees.
Kephin

Halogen- wrote:

Alright, so I'm going to come out and say this and I hope staff of this tournament gets angry/upset about it -- maybe it'll make you guys do a better job.

This tournament is an absolute joke. If you guys were going to have matches that ran so long, your scheduling blocks needed to be much more refined. The fact that I had to sit 20 minutes past one of my match times because you needed a "temporary referee" to get stuff done due to an unreliable staff is absolutely insane. You can't run a successful event with this many teams on a live stage with half-assed micro-management and that's exactly what this looks like.

The staff of this tournament needs to get together and seriously figure out what they're going to do so that this can be run properly, because right now, this is an embarrassment.
I thought that waiting for 20 minutes is still acceptable, though. But there are some participants that come late when the match should have started.. so the staffs need to make additional rules about attendance.
-Konner-

Kephin wrote:

Halogen- wrote:

I thought that waiting for 20 minutes is still acceptable, though. But there are some participants that come late when the match should have started.. so the staffs need to make additional rules about attendance.
We are having a lot of issues for the group stage. We are going to see what we can change and or add for the RO16. I will make sure that a post is made/updated within the week.
Remillia-
The issue is not only on the Staffs, I as a Referee is not satisfied too by the participants, sometimes the participants went missing, or not replying my messages, so what I gonna do when all of them is gone? Even searching every nickname who is online is not my job(I don't mind if i only message the Captain), the participants should be more active at least message me something.
Halogen-

tenri-ayukawa wrote:

The issue is not only on the Staffs, I as a Referee is not satisfied too by the participants, sometimes the participants went missing, or not replying my messages, so what I gonna do when all of them is gone? Even searching every nickname who is online is not my job(I don't mind if i only message the Captain), the participants should be more active at least message me something.

Then you do what you're supposed to do as a referee and hand out WBDs to the players that promptly showed up on time. As a staff member, you are allowed to have your own opinion as a user of the people who are not showing up to do things that they signed up for, but under no circumstance should you be blaming users for your team's inability to proctor the tournament. It is a privilege on both sides here: players have the privilege of signing up for your tournament and playing in it, and hosts/staff have the privilege of having players who are (supposed to be) enjoying your event. Yes, some teams have not showed up; that's not on you guys at all. The reasons why people are getting mad is because the staff is doing horrible on the logistics part, and to be perfectly honest: in most cases, it's not even the staff's fault. The fact of the matter is, this tournament was structured absolutely horribly in terms of time blocks -- you're trying to fit too much in through time brackets that simply do not work.

ATTN: Ingen - stop blaming staff for "not following rules" that you set out from them; you are the failure here by your micromanagement. You don't sit here and blame your staff that they're not doing a good job, you step in and mitigate the problem so that it doesn't happen again. If your real life situations are getting in the way and the schedule is unmanageable due to the way things worked out, you shouldn't have structured the tournament the way that you did. There is so much wrong here, it's not even funny.

Kephin wrote:

A player waiting 20 minutes for their competition to show up is acceptable and shows good sportsmanship because they just don't want to win by default.

A player waiting 20 minutes for the referee of their match to invite them to a match that should have started 20 minutes prior is not acceptable under any stretch of the imagination.
juankristal
Well Ingen, I already talked with you. When you are free, please remove my name from the commentators. I dont have the time to keep doing it
-Konner-
I am also not going to be helping out with MIT any longer. Sadly, this event does not seem recoverable after the issues which we have had.
Steins
Try to found any issues and i'll back maybe, i was really busy and tired .. Can't do anymore sorry
i tried really but MIT need many more staffs, maps, ect.. I give up, because You can't heard us.
Topic Starter
Ingen1334
Hi everyone

First, i want to apologizes about MIT issues, i know much problems happened like the big problem to referees and i'm fixing that for round of 16 currently. Then about how long MIT matchs are, with staff we changed scoring and systeme to MIT. I will introduce that later in my explain, but some referees or peoples didn't respect the rules because some referees didn't respect and didn't wait only 5 mins or like apparently match to USA vs Chile waited 23 mins, it's wrote on the rules when a referee or members to the staff are not here, the match is postponed. Then a players is maximum waited 10 mins, after it's a WBD for other team.

Then i want apologize personaly about match to Indonesia vs China Australia vs Russia and Germany vs Malaysia, i was referee and i didn't show up so, i'm verry sorry anout these teams. I don't need to explain my life but i have some issues to health and that do i was not here but that will be resolve soon but that don't excuse so i'm present my apologize to Russia, Indonesia, China, Germany, Australia and Malaysia teams, i'm very sorry to my failure on this, hope you'll can forgive me and let a chance to MIT and that can be better. I love you Kiviman, Fiea, FangSy, rohen04, sankansuki and Cryolien <3

I want say sorry to SAR team about a mistake to me like i did with Australia with hours, i promise to don't repeat this in next rounds.

btw Team need to fixe players, like said tenri-ayukawa, players"played"with rules and in more a mistake was did during Australia vs Brazil, i don't blame both teams but referee didn't saw these teams broke the rules because when you write a player for a key, he will keep this key until the end to the MIT, and like i saw that, i though that unfair for the other teams so i let group stage continue like that than it was not good. Sorry guys...

Halogen you have true, it's my fault, it's me who choose the referees and members to the staff, i thought i can trust in them but that will be fixed fastly.

Yes Halogen i though really the hours beetwen each matchs was enough, i did a mistake on that. Then about the funny to the MIT, we saw, MIT is long, but you need to keep in mind MIT need to play all the key, so it's obviously long but i discuss with map selectors this night about a new scoring and system will be use in round of 16.

I would like say thank to -Konner-, Hey Im Yuuki and Renosoko for broadcast the group stage, thank to juankristal for did a so good commentator <3

Thank to Steins, tenri-ayukawa for managed so much matchs, really thank you

Aitor thank you for support me every times <3 Thank to IamBaum and October Scream for helped a bit MIT, it was so good to see you :)

Let me introduce now the new scoring and system

MIT 2015 new system and scoring:

1. Score will be based on keys won and not maps, the team won when reach a score to 3 keys won.

2. A key is won when a team win 2 maps in this key

3. The key will be selected by the captain, the both captains will roll and the captain who'll win the roll choose 1st and 3rd key played and the second captain will choose 2nd key, then 4th if after 3 key there's no winner.

4. The subs are always the only players can subs every keys mode, not anymore mains are authorizes to change his key.

5. Then now MIT will be compose to 4 maps and the roll will be did in each key and the winner will can ban one map.

6. The players need to be present if not a time will be put to 10 mins before WBD
-Konner-
Ingen, the fact that you are trying to continue this tournament only shows you have not learnt anything from this experience or at least not enough. There are so many things which have gone wrong and they would take a long time and a lot of planning to fix, not just a single night of thinking over things. The main and most important part is that you are clearly not ready to handle this kind of management role.

The reason that most of us from the staff have left is because we know that continuing this onto more stages will only cause more problems for both the staff and the players. There are so many of the players who have had bad experiencing during this weekend and have received no kind of personal apology or anything of the sort for you, or the staff for that matter. Posting this now and posting it publicly, just shows that you are trying to deal with all of this all at once. That in itself shows how incapable you are at managing people and talking to them in general.

You need to just take responsibility for the things which have happened as the organiser. You cannot just move on and act like nothing has happened. The wants and needs of the players need to be Heavily considered and you just don't seem to care. You are just assuming that things will carry on as you have planned, because you have planned them. Life doesn't work like that and you need to realise this.

I hope you realise that i am not trying to offend you or be mean to you in anyway. I am just trying to get through to you as you just don't seem to listen to anything that myself and others have to say. The only reason that i am making this post here and not sending this to you, is so that others can see that we have been trying and that we know exactly how this will turn out.

Only more disappointment can come from messing up another stage of the tournament and that would mean that everyone will lose faith in your ability to help out with even the smallest of tasks in this kind of event.
show more