Lorem Ipsum v1.1 [Std/Ctb]

posted
Total Posts
24
show more
deadbeat
coming never ;~;
Topic Starter
Elzapatoverde

deadbeat wrote:

coming never ;~;
one can always dream :')
Small Lianer

Elzapatoverde wrote:

AriSphinX wrote:

Beatiful skin!! Pretty neat love the hitcircles :D Nice work <3
Thank ^^

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Holy shit that was fast, i couldn't even suggest a song xD

Chaoslitz wrote:

This is nice enough o/
Thanks... I suppose?

akkord wrote:

hit50-300 animations are real nice
:D

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.
OMG now I get it... thank you for the explanation, actually I was going all blind with the hit sounds. I noticed "something weird" with the sliders but had no clue what was going on.
I'll fix this, I promise! >n< And that's why I never touched the sounds very much before.

Elzapatoverde wrote:

AriSphinX wrote:

Beatiful skin!! Pretty neat love the hitcircles :D Nice work <3
Thank ^^

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Holy shit that was fast, i couldn't even suggest a song xD

Chaoslitz wrote:

This is nice enough o/
Thanks... I suppose?

akkord wrote:

hit50-300 animations are real nice
:D

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.
OMG now I get it... thank you for the explanation, actually I was going all blind with the hit sounds. I noticed "something weird" with the sliders but had no clue what was going on.
I'll fix this, I promise! >n< And that's why I never touched the sounds very much before.

Elzapatoverde wrote:

AriSphinX wrote:

Beatiful skin!! Pretty neat love the hitcircles :D Nice work <3
Thank ^^

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Holy shit that was fast, i couldn't even suggest a song xD

Chaoslitz wrote:

This is nice enough o/
Thanks... I suppose?

akkord wrote:

hit50-300 animations are real nice
:D

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.
OMG now I get it... thank you for the explanation, actually I was going all blind with the hit sounds. I noticed "something weird" with the sliders but had no clue what was going on.
I'll fix this, I promise! >n< And that's why I never touched the sounds very much before.

Elzapatoverde wrote:

AriSphinX wrote:

Beatiful skin!! Pretty neat love the hitcircles :D Nice work <3
Thank ^^

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Holy shit that was fast, i couldn't even suggest a song xD

Chaoslitz wrote:

This is nice enough o/
Thanks... I suppose?

akkord wrote:

hit50-300 animations are real nice
:D

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.
OMG now I get it... thank you for the explanation, actually I was going all blind with the hit sounds. I noticed "something weird" with the sliders but had no clue what was going on.
I'll fix this, I promise! >n< And that's why I never touched the sounds very much before.

Elzapatoverde wrote:

AriSphinX wrote:

Beatiful skin!! Pretty neat love the hitcircles :D Nice work <3
Thank ^^

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Holy shit that was fast, i couldn't even suggest a song xD

Chaoslitz wrote:

This is nice enough o/
Thanks... I suppose?

akkord wrote:

hit50-300 animations are real nice
:D

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.
OMG now I get it... thank you for the explanation, actually I was going all blind with the hit sounds. I noticed "something weird" with the sliders but had no clue what was going on.
I'll fix this, I promise! >n< And that's why I never touched the sounds very much before.

deadbeat wrote:

coming never ;~;

deadbeat wrote:

coming never ;~;

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.

I'm annoyed by the slider sounds. Why do you use the same sound for sliderwhistle, slidertick and hitnormal?
It is super confusing if you use the same sound for hitnormal and slidertick, since you would think "I heard the second hitnormal, time to release the button," which is not the case when used on sliderticks.
Additionally there seems to be an misunderstanding about the sliderwhistle sounds.
A slider itself can be underlayed with a sliderwhistle as a CONTINUOUS SOUND, like spinnerspin or the normal sliderslide sounds. The sliderticks aren't affected by them. It plays through the whole slider and is looped.
They are mostly used to accent a longer sound that can't be covered by the hitwhistle alone.
Sliderwhistles ARE NOT IMPACTING SOUNDS!! Impacting sounds are like the snare, clap, crash cymbal, hi hats, slidertick; in effect, sounds that decay really fast, an uncontinuous sound, not looping.
Since this is the intended use of the sliderwhistle sound, it is very confusing to have an uncontinuous sound looping while you expect an continuous sound to play. It simply destroys the rhythm sense if used wrongly.

There also was a discussion in ranking criteria to strictly clarify cases like this on maps: t/271245

IMO skins have to accustom to the ranking criteria in the aspect of hitsounds only, especially slidersounds.
What hitsounds in a normal skin should do is to provide another base set that can be used without confusing the player and compliment a track.
Having hitnormal and slidertick the same may be practical in lower difficulty maps, but it plays confusingly. The higher the difficulty gets, the more important ryhthm and clear hitsounding becomes, so skinners should provide non confusing sounds.

Haskorion wrote:

Just one thing.

I'm annoyed by the slider sounds. Why do you use the same sound for sliderwhistle, slidertick and hitnormal?
It is super confusing if you use the same sound for hitnormal and slidertick, since you would think "I heard the second hitnormal, time to release the button," which is not the case when used on sliderticks.
Additionally there seems to be an misunderstanding about the sliderwhistle sounds.
A slider itself can be underlayed with a sliderwhistle as a CONTINUOUS SOUND, like spinnerspin or the normal sliderslide sounds. The sliderticks aren't affected by them. It plays through the whole slider and is looped.
They are mostly used to accent a longer sound that can't be covered by the hitwhistle alone.
Sliderwhistles ARE NOT IMPACTING SOUNDS!! Impacting sounds are like the snare, clap, crash cymbal, hi hats, slidertick; in effect, sounds that decay really fast, an uncontinuous sound, not looping.
Since this is the intended use of the sliderwhistle sound, it is very confusing to have an uncontinuous sound looping while you expect an continuous sound to play. It simply destroys the rhythm sense if used wrongly.

There also was a discussion in ranking criteria to strictly clarify cases like this on maps: t/271245

IMO skins have to accustom to the ranking criteria in the aspect of hitsounds only, especially slidersounds.
What hitsounds in a normal skin should do is to provide another base set that can be used without confusing the player and compliment a track.
Having hitnormal and slidertick the same may be practical in lower difficulty maps, but it plays confusingly. The higher the difficulty gets, the more important ryhthm and clear hitsounding becomes, so skinners should provide non confusing sounds.

Elzapatoverde wrote:



Hello there, this one is something different, no anime, Vocaloid or Touhou character
just a style I like and hope you like too.




Thanks to -Hakurei- as always.


Lorem Ipsum v.1.1 HD


































You may want this one if you spin counterclockwise like me (clockwise spinner included just in case)
Download

Confused by the title? click me!
Small Lianer

-Hakurei- wrote:

I will make a video for this soon
Karamatsu
This is exactly a skin I was searching for. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING DOWNLOAD IT *cries*
Topic Starter
Elzapatoverde

SushiSenpai wrote:

This is exactly a skin I was searching for. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING DOWNLOAD IT *cries*
The download link looks fine… http://www.mediafire.com/download/dc9l4 ... +v.1.1.osk
samves
nice
ChangingOsu

Elzapatoverde wrote:

SushiSenpai wrote:

This is exactly a skin I was searching for. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING DOWNLOAD IT *cries*
The download link looks fine… http://www.mediafire.com/download/dc9l4 ... +v.1.1.osk
I think he/she means that mediafire refreshes as soon as you download it.
Topic Starter
Elzapatoverde

SushiSenpai wrote:

This is exactly a skin I was searching for. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING DOWNLOAD IT *cries*
The download link looks fine… http://www.mediafire.com/download/dc9l4 ... +v.1.1.osk
I think he/she means that mediafire refreshes as soon as you download it.[/quote]

But… but… I can download it fine D:
sbstratos79
BEST SKIN EVER!!!
Akai Tenshi
Thank you for your skin! :D
Topic Starter
Elzapatoverde

sbstratos79 wrote:

BEST SKIN EVER!!!
:3 nice to see someone likes the skin ^3^

Akai Tenshi wrote:

Thank you for your skin! :D
Thank you for commenting :)
Syllable-
really cool...
Yoshino-
Nice work :v your work is Interested
Uni2SaH
I wonder how I can download this skin not through the mediafire...it doesn't work well.
Erik-
skin so fine
Please sign in to reply.

New reply