forum

Why do people play this game so seriously

posted
Total Posts
show more
GSG95
In any hell hole of a game there is always going to be a guy that plays it casually and the guy that gets seriously into it.

Why do people play games seriously in general? Because in any hobby there are always going to be people who get very interested.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Brian OA wrote:

Brian, are you legitimately asking a question or are you just dicking around
I'm legitimately curious :(
Bweh
Do you know that feeling when you decide to masturbate despite knowing you have more important things to do?

It's kind of like that except your peepee doesn't feel good, it's your pp someone kill me holy shit
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Brian OA wrote:

Do you know that feeling when you decide to masturbate despite knowing you have more important things to do?

It's kind of like that except your peepee doesn't feel good, it's your pp someone kill me holy shit
Man its a good thing you posted that instead of me or else id get a month long silence
Bweh
You've gotten silenced over OT posts?
Trash Boat

Khelly wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Brian, are you legitimately asking a question or are you just dicking around
Stop talking to yourself.
He's not. I bet that Brian is also CFDA's Readitum's RL name.
SolarFrost_old
I spent money on this game for a tablet and a better keyboard so I can get better, even though there is no chance of me making money or anything, but trying to become the best in osu! is a good feeling.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Brian OA wrote:

For an entire year i actually was banned from posting in OT, and every post i made in there had to be pre-approved by a moderator.

The only reqson im allowed to even post nowadays is because something changed and the staff didnt feel like re-mod queueing me
Mercurial

Reditum wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

For an entire year i actually was banned from posting in OT, and every post i made in there had to be pre-approved by a moderator.

The only reqson im allowed to even post nowadays is because something changed and the staff didnt feel like re-mod queueing me
What the fuck, what did you do?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Well OT was a different kind of circlejerk back in 2010-2012.

I got banned because I had written a relatively explicit fanfiction on the site about Ritsu carrying Mio's child.

I forget what happens but mio dies and i think someone is a drug addict and animask wrote a side-fanfic about it
Mercurial

Reditum wrote:

I got banned because I had written a relatively explicit fanfiction on the site about Ritsu carrying Mio's child.

I forget what happens but mio dies and i think someone is a drug addict and animask wrote a side-fanfic about it
Too much circlejerk to handle I guess.

Also, I did notice that this sub-forum has become osu!'s shitposting bin, so yeah...
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Old OT circlejerk was pretty much "youre good if your username is on an approved list" that hypothetically exists in everyones head

Wanna shitpost? Better be named Cuddlebun or strager or Mashley or something
Mercurial

Reditum wrote:

Old OT circlejerk was pretty much "youre good if your username is on an approved list" that hypothetically exists in everyones head

Wanna shitpost? Better be named Cuddlebun or strager or Mashley or something
That happens when you have power inside the system or the old blood took a rest and the new blood took over.
boshe07
still don't know the answer, but i hope i can stop play this game soon
Bweh

Reditum wrote:

Dude
ZenithPhantasm
Circle clicking is srs business
GSG95

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Circle clicking is srs business
seerius bisnuz
Lovalyn

boshe07 wrote:

still don't know the answer, but i hope i can stop play this game soon
The answer is because other people think this game is fun, distress becomes trigger spirit.
Chokladboll
come and play dark souls with me, sl125 pvp in the forest, no str builds, and no r1 spammers. i'll have my sign down for anyone to summon me
EneT

Chokladboll wrote:

come and play dark souls with me, sl125 pvp in the forest, no str builds, and no r1 spammers. i'll have my sign down for anyone to summon me
Duuuuuude, on what platform?
Chokladboll

EneT wrote:

Chokladboll wrote:

Duuuuuude, on what platform?
i was planning to play on pc with my halberd build, but since i stuck on ng+ gwyn for some reason, i have not been able to access the forest with sif alive. the only character i have that has sif alive is a sl125 falchion+buff r1 spam faggy build
silmarilen

Reditum wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

actually modq just stopped being a thing really. it's not because they didnt feel like it, but because it wasnt the policy anymore.
joi-

Reditum wrote:

Because there's really no benefit
There's really no benefit in anything be it in real life or online. Everyone's just gonna die in the end anyway, why bother?
Granger
Maybe you should strive to do something that has impact even after your death then?
B1rd
But everyone else is gonna die as well. Then the universe will end.
Yuudachi-kun

Granger wrote:

Maybe you should strive to do something that has impact even after your death then?
Like Hitler?
thelewa

B1rd wrote:

But everyone else is gonna die as well. Then the universe will end.
Mythras
When it comes down to it, there's not a good way to answer this question. If you're curious as to why people like to get good at games despite there being no incentive for money, osu is far from where you should be looking. People have played chess for 1500+ years for no reason other than to get better at it and enjoy the game. Money is just an idea that society gives value, skills/talents are always with you. The usefulness of these skills/talents is entirely relative. Comes down to individual preference. Some people can change their radiator, some people can SS Airman, some can do backflips.
Yuudachi-kun
Wow, a new face.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

VioletMaid wrote:

When it comes down to it, there's not a good way to answer this question. If you're curious as to why people like to get good at games despite there being no incentive for money, osu is far from where you should be looking. People have played chess for 1500+ years for no reason other than to get better at it and enjoy the game. Money is just an idea that society gives value, skills/talents are always with you. The usefulness of these skills/talents is entirely relative. Comes down to individual preference. Some people can change their radiator, some people can SS Airman, some can do backflips.
Trash Boat
And I thought you were trying to change that attitude of yours. *sigh* shame on you reditum
Granger

Reditum wrote:

Whats your point? Quite a few of the posters here dont play the game anymore.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Trash Boat wrote:

And I thought you were trying to change that attitude of yours. *sigh* shame on you reditum
Wow got me there sparky hahaha and i thought i could get away with it too

also im not entirely sure why thats even relevant right now but you go ahead and be you
Eiuh
Tom94 said he is a paid staff member, so i'm sure there are more of them.

There are actually tournaments with "big" prizepools. (Bigger than OWC atleast)