Shindehai - ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER

posted
Total Posts
show more
emilia
oh god i fucked it up im so sorry urghHSDFHSAFSDFjfgier
Topic Starter
Yoges
Ye you did baka. You forgot to roll back your changes when you gave me those suggestion timing points. But it would have been DQ'd any way cause it had other issues.
Topic Starter
Yoges
[Meta Data]

Lanturn wrote:

Was there ever metadata discussion on this?

Some pages:
http://www.voxmakers.fr/archives/7387#topresque
http://www.starrysky.fr/video/

Title:
The MP3 file name from the youtube video is called "ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER"
http://www.starrysky.fr/video/ | This website which seems to be properly affiliated in some way or another with Tai Shindehai also uses "ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER"

Artist:
Personally I'd captialize SHINDEHAI from his youtube channel and profile
https://www.youtube.com/user/SHINDEHAI
http://www.voxmakers.fr/#qsn (3rd from end)

Edit: Did a bit more research. Honestly I don't think it'll matter what you use for the artist field Shindehai, Tai Shindehai, SHINDEHAI, TAI SHINDEHAI etc... He credits himself in many ways so anything can work. I mean, the original video for this song uses Tai Reflections (his channel thingy) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0gRhqrOFM | Have fun QATs :3 Yeah Gezo said the same I'm going to just stick with "Shindehai" cause that's what's on the youtube video and I don't like the way all caps looks.For the Title field of the song I'm sticking with just "ONE PUNCH-MAN" (Going to add hyphen)because the only place I see the "FOREVER" bit added on is in that website you linked, starrysky, which I believe aren't even related to tai ref or shidehai at all. And also "ONE PUNCH-MAN" is what's used in the title of the video and in the MV itself. Like at the very beginning 5 seconds in it says "ONE PUNCH-MAN".

Edit: ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER it is

Double check the metadata with a QAT before changing this, but hopefully this'll help prevent another DQ in the future ;)
[C-Class]

Irreversible wrote:

Additionally worth mentioning is the density and overall difficulty of the lowest diff. From my point of view this is nowhere near a suitable easiest diff, let me point you up why, please keep in mind that this is 190 BPM we are talking about: 1) 03:36:021 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - The amount of density there is at times 2) The high amount of usage of 1/2 02:18:022 (1,2,3,4,5) - . I am not judging this map about the SR - but rather about the length and the density of this map.
I guess a beginner diff is definitely needed with way less density, to offer a comfortable map for everyone.
Good luck!

I've nerfed 03:36:021 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - slightly and about the 1/2s, I discussed it with Irre ingame and he said they become negligible in the presence of an easier diff.

Yuii- wrote:

Let's talk about the lowest difficulty. Okey

First things first. From my point of view, density-wise this is kinda hell for newbie players. This is nowhere suitable for the lowest difficulty of the set. Too many 1/2 patterns, not to mention some circles-spam sections such as 03:36:021 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - are quite... weird or "must fix", especially at this BPM. Apart from that, there are some heavy parts which contain a high amount of usage of 1/2 slider patterns like 02:18:022 - . Reffer to my response to Irre above ^
On a side note, I want to add to the discussion that your NCs are completely random and have no kind of patternship at all... at least not one that I can understand, mind explaining? u fokin w0t? All right then I will.

Throughout the song I alternate between following the music and following the vocals, depending on which is more prominent. Hence different parts of the song will have different NC patterns because they're following different parts of the music. After a quick inspection I've found that 01:47:076 (1) - this section and 03:21:181 (1) - this section was a bit spammy and have hence salvaged them. Idk wtf you're on about for the rest of the song because the NCs are pretty fucking consistent.
  1. Intro 00:01:603 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is the pre-intro so it's NCd differently from the rest of the intro.
  2. After that there's an NC every time these guitar sound appears 00:05:234 (1) - 00:10:287 (1) -
  3. Let me break down the lyrics for the first verse to show you the NC pattern. Here I'm mostly following the drums but I'm also accenting the really strong parts of the vocals. Bold = NC

Kore ga saigo no machidesu
    Kare no atam ni wa ke ga aremasen
    Pawa ha kare no te ni aru
    One punchi de kare wa akuma to tatakau

4. Then it's on to the pre-chorus at 00:45:181 (1) - which is NCd differently from the main chorus
  5. And then the chorus. I'm doing something similar to what I did with the first verse. Drums + Vocals

Sokode Kare wa yozora ni tobu
    Karewa seijyaku o shihai
    Fly away Kare wa hitoridearu, sora ni
    Kare wa watashitachi no saiko no herodesu
    Wanpanman Forever

The music changes in the underlined bit so hence different NC pattern. It's the same for the rest of the song apart from sections in the middle like 02:18:024 (1) - 02:48:181 (1) - 03:11:076 (1) - but the NC patterns on those should be blatantly obvious.

Last, and the most important point about this whole difficulty. Spacing. There's no clear path whatsoever. Your 1/1 spacing looks so similar to the 1/2, even when the 1/2 patterns are overlapped. By using a spacing of 1,2x you can make things way more clear and thus easier for newbie players to recognise different kind of "rhythms".

I see what you're trying to do but increasing the spacing wouldn't have as much of an effect as you'd think and I'm just going to make an easier diff for the song anyway so not point in creating extra work for myself. Also while increasing DS might make it easier to read it will make it harder to play, and the star rating will go up which I don't want, the diff is already 1.86 stars.

Decided to use this suggestion to buff my diff and replace Alpha's diff.

That's all for me.
Good luck with further work!
Topic Starter
Yoges
[Things that need to be done before we can attempt re-qualification]

Me
  1. Need to finish D-Class
  2. Need to get a few mods for D-Class and for the rest of set
  3. Need to recheck A-Class for unsnaps and green line errors not caught by Ai mod
Alpha, Atsuro and Estellia
  1. None of your diffs received any complaints upon disqualification so you guys don't have much to do.
  2. I've updated all your diffs with correct timing and fixed all the unsnaps and green line errors I could find and Ai mod could find. There's a possibility I might have fucked something up in the process so each of you should check your diffs thoroughly. Check for useless green lines, unsnapped notes missing green lines I might have deleted by accident etc.
  3. While You guys didn't receive any complaints you should use this disqualification as an opportunity to better your diff. I'd advise stuff like self modding, fixing those issues you might have ignored when they were pointed out by mods previously etc.
BMD
  1. Upon disqualification you received a few comments from Irre and a couple of BNs. You're going to be like me and have a bit of work to do, arguably a bit more.
  2. First I'd advise you to do the same as Alpha, Atsuro and Estellia. That is check your diff for hiccups I might have caused when fixing timing.
  3. After that I'd advise you to test play it in editor with autoplay on, be on the look out for notes that go off screen. Monstrata and byby pointed a few out but I have a strong feeling there're more.
  4. Then you should address the comments made on your map by Irre and Bonsai. Regarding the comments made by Irre...

Irreversible wrote:

in the extra, there are some spots that occur weird to me as well and should undergo further discussion and checking:
    01:20:075 (3) - Is a stack honestly needed? It kills the movement of your so far very tensionful map, I recommend unstacking it and find another place for it. I think using stacks like these during the less intense parts of the song would be a good idea but for the other sections like during the kiai's I'd have to agree and advise not using them.
    03:23:705 (1) - Should it really end on a downbeat? The effect will be lost - a strong sound like this should be a clickable action. Agree with this
    03:18:653 (1,2) - While the idea behind this is kinda cool, I recommend silencing the ends because the noise it creates does not suit the calm feel you wanted to create. Ez fix
    Some of those occur multiple times, so please check these too. Yeah check it thoroughly. Try to catch Irre and Bonsai ingame to discuss their suggestions and find what works best. While doing this I'd also advise you do some self modding like I suggested to Atsuro, Estellia and Aplha.

If any of you need anything from me just hit me up. Take your time too. I'll probably be a while with the D-Class and It's mid term break so I have some studying to do. Don't rush it, doing that will only result in another DQ. I'm not one to talk lol
Shohei Ohtani
thank you for fixing the timing sections

I don't want to kill myself anymore lmao

hope this map gets re-ranked because it's actually a really nice map lol
emilia
eesh so did you take my timing points

if so im not fixing anymore things

also just to check are the HS all rechecked by you?
Topic Starter
Yoges
Using Bonsai's timing points for all the diffs. I also salvaged it from after Avishay's mod so you don't have to reapply it. The HS seemed fine when I checked it so yeah your diff looks good, I'm getting Irre to check your Kiai spamming however because I think they might warrant another DQ.
Saoji
On the highest diff you should put soft sampleset on the tails 04:26:233 (1,2,1,2) - cause it doesn't sound that good/accurate in its current in my point of view!
nokd

Good luck ><
Topic Starter
Yoges
Shit forgot I need to add a muted sample for BMD to do that.
Silence sample added for slider ends (drum-hitnormal.wav) Also fixed slider ends for BMD.

On another note Alpha's B-Class has been removed due to the diff spread on the lower diffs becoming a bit dense. It has been sacrificed to lord peppy. I hope he enjoys his sacrifice and I wish this map gets ranked. My C-Class has been Buffed with the suggestions by Yuii- and is now the new B-Class.
DahplA
Bye bye, haha. Hope this gets ranked without anymore hassle. Best of luck C:
Topic Starter
Yoges
Rip. Your efforts will not be forgotten. It was a pleasure to have had you on the set.
Topic Starter
Yoges
BMD's diff removed upon user's request

BarkingMadDog wrote:

You can just remove me from the map set. I do not feel the burn inside me as fierce anymore.
Sorry to everyone that enjoyed his diff.
DahplA

Yoges wrote:

BarkingMadDog wrote:

You can just remove me from the map set. I do not feel the burn inside me as fierce anymore.
D:
Zel
Noooooooo that was the best diff!! D;
Yuzeyun

Lanturn wrote:

Was there ever metadata discussion on this?

Some pages:
http://www.voxmakers.fr/archives/7387#topresque
http://www.starrysky.fr/video/

Title:
The MP3 file name from the youtube video is called "ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER" -> yep seems absolutely correct
http://www.starrysky.fr/video/ | This website which seems to be properly affiliated in some way or another with Tai Shindehai also uses "ONE-PUNCH MAN FOREVER" -> not really the same thing, it is indeed affiliated with him but it's the website of a metal band he belongs to.

Artist:
Personally I'd captialize SHINDEHAI from his youtube channel and profile
https://www.youtube.com/user/SHINDEHAI
http://www.voxmakers.fr/#qsn (3rd from end)
Edit: Did a bit more research. Honestly I don't think it'll matter what you use for the artist field Shindehai, Tai Shindehai, SHINDEHAI, TAI SHINDEHAI etc... He credits himself in many ways so anything can work. I mean, the original video for this song uses Tai Reflections (his channel thingy) doesn't matter, iirc he said capitalization doesn't matter (can't seem to find the tweet i sent him, it was a WHIIIIILE ago; maybe 2 years) so we can stick with SHINDEHAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0gRhqrOFM | Have fun QATs :3

Double check the metadata with a QAT before changing this, but hopefully this'll help prevent another DQ in the future ;)
Topic Starter
Yoges
Meta should be fine now.

Edit:

Qikko
i love this map so much <3 i hope this get ranked
sheela
Recheck:

[General]
  1. drum-hitnormal2.wav seems to not be in use.
[C-Class]
  1. 00:25:444 (1) - I recommend you re-arrange the pattern 00:24:655 (6,7,1) - to not interfere with the approach circles and "spacing" with 00:24:655 (6,7) -. It tends to be a little confusing to play since the slider is too close to 00:24:655 (6) - and the gap in-between 00:24:970 (7,1) - is different from a 1/1 gap. To make the slider clearer to read, you can move it to the upper area of 00:24:970 (7) - and optionally straighten the slider shape. To give you an idea, here's my arrangement:
  2. 02:14:865 (1) - Shorten the spinner to 02:17:075 - perhaps? It would leave a 1/2 recovery time more, but it's better than nothing.
  3. 02:47:075 (1) - The soft hitsound on the tail blends too much with the percussion in the music, rendering it a little inaudible. You should increase the volume to ~70% minimum.
  4. 02:57:496 (3) - This one too, as above. This actually doesn't receive any feedback at all, therefore you need to increase the volume.
  5. 03:21:180 - until 03:28:759 - I don't recommend you use the stacks like that. The gaps get inconsistent and stacks often hinders the readability to the objects. I would at least fix the stacks 03:19:917 (5,1,2) - for the same reasons if you won't apply this point.
[B-Class]
  1. 01:54:654 (5) - The tail would need a volume boost.
  2. 02:36:180 (2,4) - The whole slider sounds inaudible. These also need a volume boost.
I could only spot objects with low audibility. The rest looks good to me.

[Atsuro's S-Class]
  1. 03:41:233 until 03:59:075 - Because the timing has changed, ALL of the sliderends are not snapped correctly. Please revise every one of them.
I finished my recheck. Call me back whenever you're ready!
Topic Starter
Yoges

sheela wrote:

Recheck:

[General]
  1. drum-hitnormal2.wav seems to not be in use.
Removed
[C-Class]
  1. 00:25:444 (1) - I recommend you re-arrange the pattern 00:24:655 (6,7,1) - to not interfere with the approach circles and "spacing" with 00:24:655 (6,7) -. It tends to be a little confusing to play since the slider is too close to 00:24:655 (6) - and the gap in-between 00:24:970 (7,1) - is different from a 1/1 gap. To make the slider clearer to read, you can move it to the upper area of 00:24:970 (7) - and optionally straighten the slider shape. To give you an idea, here's my arrangement: Ok did something similar
  2. 02:14:865 (1) - Shorten the spinner to 02:17:075 - perhaps? It would leave a 1/2 recovery time more, but it's better than nothing. Shortened to 02:16:760 (1) - instead
  3. 02:47:075 (1) - The soft hitsound on the tail blends too much with the percussion in the music, rendering it a little inaudible. You should increase the volume to ~70% minimum.
  4. 02:57:496 (3) - This one too, as above. This actually doesn't receive any feedback at all, therefore you need to increase the volume.
  5. 03:21:180 - until 03:28:759 - I don't recommend you use the stacks like that. The gaps get inconsistent and stacks often hinders the readability to the objects. I would at least fix the stacks 03:19:917 (5,1,2) - for the same reasons if you won't apply this point. Ok
[B-Class]
  1. 01:54:654 (5) - The tail would need a volume boost. ok
  2. 02:36:180 (2,4) - The whole slider sounds inaudible. These also need a volume boost. ok
I could only spot objects with low audibility. The rest looks good to me.

[Atsuro's S-Class]
  1. 03:41:233 until 03:59:075 - Because the timing has changed, ALL of the sliderends are not snapped correctly. Please revise every one of them.
    I don't see any any unsnapped notes. Nothing in Ai mod and nothing when I try to resnap them everything looks fine on my end.
I finished my recheck. Call me back whenever you're ready!
sheela

Yoges wrote:

sheela wrote:

[Atsuro's S-Class]
    I don't see any any unsnapped notes. Nothing in Ai mod and nothing when I try to resnap them everything looks fine on my end.
"Unsnapped" wasn't the right word I guess. All the sliders in this section are not ending at the right time: they all end a tick before it should have been. Please recheck it throughly.
Topic Starter
Yoges
Oh yeah idk how I missed that. It was an SV issue, fixed it now but I can't update because bancho is baka. I'll tell you when you I've updated.

Updated.

Edit: Accidentally removed video settings on 3 of the diffs. Fixed now.
sheela
Okkay. Everything seems fine on my end. Rebubbled!
Topic Starter
Yoges
Thank you :3
Shohei Ohtani
why did you remove the best diff :(
Topic Starter
Yoges

Yoges wrote:

BarkingMadDog wrote:

Avishay
Okay, went through everything, lower diffs look pretty cool and neat, I don't find any suggestion necessary, they're cool.

I admit I still don't like the long streams and some patterns that I mentioned before on estellia's diff, but since they are not that problematic, just my preference, I don't mind pushing it forward, however, I won't give an icon in case it drops out of qualification, good luck!
Topic Starter
Yoges
Ahh Finally! Thank you :D
Makeli
Gratz dude!!
Yuzeyun
I got sniped as the 1st guy to rank Shindehai even though I started mapping by the end of 2012-beginning of 2013

FeelsBadMan

Grats nonetheless
Kei
Finally, I've been waiting for this. Gratz Yoges!
emilia
OMG YES
DahplA
Yay C:
Topic Starter
Yoges

_Gezo_ wrote:

I got sniped as the 1st guy to rank Shindehai even though I started mapping by the end of 2012-beginning of 2013

FeelsBadMan

Grats nonetheless
GGWP get rekt
and thanks!
Pachiru
baaah la voix *dégoût*
DeletedUser_4329079
grats, it took long enough
sheela
yaaaaay
Bara-
Wow gratz!
Atsuro
Wait what when did this get qualified
Gratz Yoges. finally :p
Shiguma
Fully ranked! I'm so happy for you Yoges (and all you GD'ers too!) :D
Topic Starter
Yoges
Yay. Thanks to all the modders, bns, people who favourited the map and especially to the GD mappers. I've wasted so much time on this map, I'm glad its out of the way. I'm going to be inactive until like the 20th of June because I have exams but after that it's back to mapping as usual -3-
show more