forum

Charlotte

posted
Total Posts
show more
PatZar
Agreed with above of my post, 13 episodes isn't enough for taking all of the abilities in the world lmao, if 13 is the final, season 2 incoming, and also No Game No Life will release too probably
Raiken-
Is there a connection between NGNL and Charlotte?
Green Platinum

PatZar wrote:

Agreed with above of my post, 13 episodes isn't enough for taking all of the abilities in the world lmao, if 13 is the final, season 2 incoming, and also No Game No Life will release too probably
No thanks, this series was pretty mediocre and a forced second season would make me think even less of it.
Axiaan

PatZar wrote:

lol damn, RIP Misa. I think this anime will get 13/21 Episodes, idk

It's 13 episodes. Maybe a second season ?
Green Platinum
A second season for what? What would happen?
Axiaan
Nothing I think.
Yu can't have all abilities in one episode, I'm sure he will die.
Green Platinum
Why can't he?
Axiaan
It said humans with abilities are in all the world, Yu can't take the abilities of ALL people who have one on the entire world, except if they do something like "2 years after..", he is 16 years old and they lost their abilities when they become an adult, so the "2 years after" is possible.
But if they didn't do that, I'm sure he will die or something bad will come, because it's a dramatic story. -->

Or maybe the "dramatic story" is for Kuragami's death.
Green Platinum
So he can't have all abilities because?
Axiaan
Not enough time on one episode.
(except if it's 2 years later for exemple)
Green Platinum
So he can get all powers then.

1 episode doesn't equal 1 specific length of time.
Neil Watts
Ok guys, like in every last episode of a Jun Maeda anime, it's time to guess how he will finish the story in one episode. :')

(AB! finished so damn fast)
Green Platinum

Where it's going.
Raiken-

Green Platinum wrote:

Where it's going.
Probably Yu is going to go there.
Green Platinum
Do I have to put up with him?
NaomiMinette

Neil Watts wrote:

Ok guys, like in every last episode of a Jun Maeda anime, it's time to guess how he will finish the story in one episode. :')

(AB! finished so damn fast)
Hopefully nowhere near as fast as AIR, orz...

EDIT: I figured he'd go psycho at one point, but I didn't really expect him to lose his memory. Helped create some emotion, but...

Eh.../10
Axiaan
I think it's a good anime, not excellent, but good.
It's an happy end, not the thing I waited for the end of this anime, but it's good anyway.
Ayachi-
I am disappointed, 13 episodes is definitely not enough to fit the whole settings in.
26 episodes will be better. They rushed it at the end for the 13 episodes
NaomiMinette
^ Sounds like AB! all over again!... Wait...
Frostmourne

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

I am disappointed, 13 episodes is definitely not enough to fit the whole settings in.
26 episodes will be better. They rushed it at the end for the 13 episodes
second this

no matter how disappointing it is, Nao finally got emotional for the first time I totally fell in love with her(Tomori Nao)

more to add, it seems the very first episodes (2-5) wasted too much, could be shrinked into 2 episodes for the whole stories of nothing
Neil Watts
wow
I was expecting more originality, quite disappointed :(

(also, what about the link between ZHIEND and his memory?)

FrostxE wrote:

more to add, it seems the very first episodes (2-5) wasted too much, could be shrinked into 2 episodes for the whole stories of nothing
Knowing Key, it's impossible :^)
But more episodes for the main plot would have been better for the scenario, same as AB!...

Better wait the visual novel for a full story :/ (there will be one?)
California
ending was as rushed as my art history paper was due the next hour in lecture
so is Yu back to normal or what? Looks like he can sleep fine now. I'm mostly glad that they ended this series so there won't be a season 2
Ayachi-
I found a quite interesting video on why is Charlotte as it is now.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2945462/

I basically translated the summary here.

Charlotte is written by Jun Maeda, who used to be writing games from Key.
He stopped writing galgames few years ago, after he finished Little Busters!
But then he came up with animation "Angel Beats!" in 2010 and "Charlotte" in 2015.
I think there are lots of people who is disappointed with the ending of these animes being rushed.
Since he used to write scripts for galgames, he still write the script for anime like he does for galgames.
From the galgame data website, we could know that a shorter galgame costs about 20 hours to complete, while longer ones may cost up to 40 hours, we take the average of 30 hours.
There is of course some extra things while playing galgame (such as selling moe, using up tissues), we will take 2/3 of the time and see it as the complete plot of a story. Now the real plot of galgame costs 20 hours to complete, and an episode of the anime is about 20 minutes without OP and ED. This means that if galgame has been made in to anime, it requires about 60 episodes to put the plot in completely. Most anime originally from galgame only choose one character from galgame, but there is still often some problems with the animation. There is a difference between the plot of galgame and the plot of anime. Galgame requires lots of daily life stories to have the intro, the normal plots and some moe and H scenes to make the game more enjoyable to the players, and shows the attractive points of different characters. While animation does not do that due to time and they had to focus on the main plot.

Here are some animes from Key.
There were quite some problems from the first season of Little Busters, but second season was way better, and the ending of EX was good end which received support from people who hated the game with bad end. Then anime was 47 episodes in total, almost as long as an year anime.
Kanon is also a good anime, but the plot is still limited with 24 episodes, the main character did too much things with other character which makes the events that should happen more spreaded out all together.
Some people was also confused after watching AIR, but this is a successful anime from galgame, since there aren't as much important plot and not much main female characters (3+0.5) in the game, and that made it possible to put it into shorter anime.
From Angel Beats, there was a famous comment of "The biggest problem of Angel Beats in that it is only 13 episodes", which was made before the last episode came out, just like Charlotte. I have played the game after and deeply realized that the anime is not enough for it.
Jun Maeda thought about lots of things and wrote lots of things, but 13 episodes is just not enough for it.
And here we have the problem in Charlotte again.

Well someone may say, why doesn't the animation company makes the anime into 24 episodes or even more. Well this isn't that easy, producing an anime is just like buying stocks, you could either earn or lose money. Having double or triple of the original length is been seen as having double of the risk while putting double of the money on bet. It will be nice if they earn money, but what if they lost money? This isn't a good way from the investment side.. Say it in a worse way, some managers only care if they are able to earn money or not.
As for the quality of the anime....

But the label "Key" can still attract lots of fans to watch their anime, which makes the risk lower, NICE.

From the data of these years, anime is getting more and more popular than galgame, which makes lots of writer for the script of galgame getting in to writing plots for animes. There are still some people who are successful after producing anime. Here are some examples.
Such as plastic memories from this April, there are still some problems of having not enough episodes for it, but if you want to watch it as a romantic anime, it is still nice to do so. But there are some problems from episode one, it made the people who are watching thinking that the anime will end up having a deep ending, which makes the expectation higher, and made people disappointed at the end.
Punch Line from April is also from the writer of galgame, people were having high expectation on this anime too, but after watching it, people could only use confusing to describe the anime.
And there is Celestial Method from last year, moe.
People might that writers who wrote galgame needs to have 24 episodes to make a good story. But here are also some example of galgame writer with good anime of 12 episodes.
First is Mahou Shojou Madoka Magica, this is extremely successful with a lot of support.
While the other one is Yuki Yuna is a Hero. Takahiro (writer of the anime) wasn't happy with the current situation, therefore he first started Akame ga Kill manga with Tetsuya Tashiro, and then made "Yuki Yuna is a Hero". Even though there were different comments on the anime, but overall this anime has a great amount of Blue Ray sold out and high ratings.

Well, from all of these, what causes Charlotte ended like this isn't completely P.A. Works' problem. Instead it is a problem of different things

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2945462/

Note that this is just a translation instead of my own thought, even though that I agreed with lots of points that the person mentioned.
xxdeathx
my reddit comment on the final episode discussion thread:

I can't say I'm happy with how tightly they compressed his journey through the entire world into one episode. It's not nearly enough to complement his mental deterioration which more closely reflects the sheer magnitude of his adventures.

The ending with that final background track was really sweet, though I was still reeling from the pacing to fully appreciate everything.

Overall the pacing sucked, but the content was super interesting and characters were quite likable, especially Yusarin.
Green Platinum
I don't think anyone was surprised by the ending
DakeDekaane
It's like this could've had a better ending just with the 12th episode, lol.
Navizel
My thoughts exactly. 13th episode just made the show looked even more rushed.
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

My thoughts exactly. 13th episode just made the show looked even more rushed.
I still think I preferred the final episode to any other episode of the series.

I think I would have preferred something like the Karma Demon scene in Shin Sekai Yori; where Nao goes to Yuu and snaps him out of it with the power of love or something.
Raiken-
13th episodeeee!!!!!!!!!

Well being too op is nice.

Im going to miss this anime.
Anyway, gg charlotte.
Green Platinum
Miss it why?
Kibbleru
damn i love nao tho.
Fycho
It's still good to hear that rewrite anime will be made by 8bit tho——the most moving scene of the 13th episode.
Green Platinum

Fycho wrote:

It's still good to hear that rewrite anime will be made by 8bit tho——the most moving scene of the 13th episode.
Why? 8-bit is garbage?
Fycho

Green Platinum wrote:

Why? 8-bit is garbage?
Having been waiting so long time, I am satisfiled enough with getting the rewrite adaption, no matter how good it will be done. :P
Btw, グリザイアの果実 anime is good as an adaption from the original game, and I don't trust J.C staff and PA works after I watched LB and charlotte...
Green Platinum

Fycho wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Why? 8-bit is garbage?
Having been waiting so long time, I am satisfiled enough with getting the rewrite adaption, no matter how good it will be done. :P
Btw, グリザイアの果実 anime is good as an adaption from the original game, and I don't trust J.C staff and PA works after I watched LB and charlotte...
Yet you trust the staff behind Grisaia? Apparently the VN is good but after that series I don't know who has the tumour in their brain in order to think that.
Frostmourne

Fycho wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Why? 8-bit is garbage?
Still the artwork of these 2 are still the best to me among other artworks out there :)
NaomiMinette
PatZar
well, what a nice happy ending lol
OtakGravure
F*UCK YOU OTOSAKA YU..!!
Green Platinum
Season 2 will focus on teen pregnancy :^)

She isn't even that hot guys
show more