forum

Charlotte

posted
Total Posts
show more
The Gambler
That's why we wait for the translation of the VN to be finished, fan-made or not. Anime tends to wash out certain things to compromise for the reach it gets.

Also, it's a Key anime? When did that happen?
Green Platinum
I'd never re-read a VN in it's entirety. They are often far too long for the pleasure I'd derive from one.
Topic Starter
Jerry

The Gambler wrote:

The anime was announced during the Key Conference as their new project
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 015/.82505
Green Platinum

Jerry wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

The anime was announced during the Key Conference as their new project
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 015/.82505
People only really care because it is Key + P.A + Maeda Jun OST
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

People only really care because it is Key + P.A + Maeda Jun OST
Well, Jun Maeda doesn't write scripts as much anymore, so RIP my beloved heart-wrenching moments.
Mafuuu
I just watched episode 3. The whole double power with channeling was predictable from the start with the sibling information we gained last episode so this episode wasn't as surprising as it could've been. My opinions of the show still haven't changed. I gotta admit though, the way Tomori can give info on a location immediately after water guy points it out is amazing.

The Gambler wrote:

Well, Jun Maeda doesn't write scripts as much anymore, so RIP my beloved heart-wrenching moments.
Darn it, That guy is way too good to stop writing. The scenes he made were so emotional and awesome. They shall be missed. I wonder if there's anyone who could replace him?
Green Platinum

Mafuuu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

Darn it, That guy is way too good to stop writing. The scenes he made were so emotional and awesome. They shall be missed. I wonder if there's anyone who could replace him?
MAL doesn't list him for scripts on anything but Charlotte
http://myanimelist.net/people/2347/Maeda_Jun
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

MAL doesn't list him for scripts on anything but Charlotte
http://myanimelist.net/people/2347/Maeda_Jun
That's probably the anime, since it is going to start off as an anime. He did write scripts for previous VNs though, as well as Angel Beats (That should've appeared btw)
Green Platinum
If we are going VNs then Ryukishi07 is infinitely better
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

Well, their style is similar, but replace emotional tears in Maeda's work with horror. That's Ryukishi07 for you.
07 himself even said he was a Maeda fan and was inspired by his writing style.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so props to you.
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Well, their style is similar, but replace emotional tears in Maeda's work with horror. That's Ryukishi07 for you.
07 himself even said he was a Maeda fan and was inspired by his writing style.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so props to you.
Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audeience to empathise Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audience to empathize Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
Lol. I meant having read both Clannad and the Higurashi: When They Cry Onikakushi-Hen (roughly the same time period) I felt like the empathetic elements are similar, but what stood out more in 07's work are the horror elements. I still haven't quite read Umineko or Rose Guns Days, but I'll get there.

If I ever finish building my keyboard...

EDIT: My mistake, Majikoi S was just released. I'm putting that in my backlog atm.
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audience to empathize Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
Empathise. British-English > American-English
Thanks for correcting Audience.
Green Platinum
I recall another Key + P.A. collaboration where the protagonist and the group of misfits compete using baseball. But it's on the tip of my tongue... :^)

At this point I find Yusa and Misa to have just a more extreme version of Nao's personality. It's just Yusa is predominantly cutesy and Nao is 'aggressive' (Can't think of a more appropriate word atm)
Topic Starter
Jerry

Green Platinum wrote:

I recall another Key + P.A. collaboration where the protagonist and the group of misfits compete using baseball. But it's on the tip of my tongue... :^)
I think most of Key's works always includes a baseball scene, idk why.

Btw I can't help but agree with the fact that this anime is gonna suffer in the same way as Angel Beats did with it's horrible pacing.
I mean, there's endless amounts of potential in the story, but they're just rushing through everything way too quickly without any proper buildup. It's like watching a short summary of the story rather than the whole story itself.
The recent "confession-breakup" scene in episode 3 that came out of nowhere and ended in less than 2 minutes sorta reminded me of the weird marriage proposal in Angel Beats with Hinata and Yui lmao.

Will still continue to watch this to see how they wrap it all up and then wait for the Visual Novel announcement to come 4 years later.

misa best gril btw
Green Platinum
Angel Beats would be worse with 24 episodes.
People like to believe that it would be filled with episodes like the final one but in reality it would have probably ended up with 50% of the episodes as bad as the episode with all of the Tenshi clones or the fishing one.
Topic Starter
Jerry
Imouto deathflag on episode 5 yehhh

Also, Misa is still best girl
Green Platinum

Jerry wrote:

Imouto deathflag on episode 5 yehhh
Unless it's her powers coming in
piruchan
Finally something happened.
Green Platinum

piruchan wrote:

Finally something happened.
No, too soon to say that. It could be just a taking care of sick character to keep her relevant for when she probably gets kidnapped by scientists episode
Arief Santosa
KAWAII 8-)
Topic Starter
Jerry
lol shit got real in the second half of EP6.
Hopefully Ayumi is alive but then again after seeing that pool of blood in the after credit scene, I don't think there's a possibility of that happening.

it's kinda sad to think that these kind of stuff actually happens in real life due to jealousy:
Haruto
The story becomes Similiar with angel beats :^)
Green Platinum
I think we will have episodes in a hospital. Yuu most likely wont be dead and with all the flashbacks to Nao's brother I don't think Yuu will be facing loss in the form of Ayumi's death.
piruchan
Finally something happened. It takes 5 freaking episodes, wow.

Yuu is not going to die because main character. Killing imouto is very unlikely, so Ayumi won't die as well. Everybody survived
totekingsg1
Haven't seen EP6 yet, but from EP1 to EP5 I'm disappointed as fuck...
California

piruchan wrote:

Finally something happened. It takes 5 freaking episodes, wow.

Yuu is not going to die because main character. Killing imouto is very unlikely, so Ayumi won't die as well. Everybody survived
falls from a three story high building with a bunch of debris collpasing on top of her.
If she survives
, that is fucking impressive
The Gambler
When this anime finishes, I will binge-watch this show. Then I will do my full review...
Weez

Looks like she's dead :T Here comes the emo main character
Green Platinum

Weez wrote:

Looks like she's dead :T Here comes the emo main character
Could a coma or some permanent injury
totekingsg1
EP6 was shocking :0
Topic Starter
Jerry
It'll be more interesting if Ayumi died tbh
Green Platinum

Jerry wrote:

It'll be more interesting if Ayumi died tbh
I don't necessarily agree, the series would be more bearable though.
Raiken-
the lastest episode is shit

i cant wait for 7 days to watch the next one
im so rekt inside
Topic Starter
Jerry
Ep 7.
Well I guess Ayumi really ded

I really hope time leap won't be involved because that is what everyone is expecting and it would just make the anime even more cliche.
Really looking forward to how the plot will progress from here on.
Green Platinum
This series will probably be red for me.

Are people really expecting a time warp? I guess that could be the point of the watch in the OP and I guess they could introduce a convenient character for it.

I hope there was hate for Ayumi in Japan, so they killed her off. Rather than shoehorning her in. Remember AgK you are supposed to make us care before you kill them off
Raiken-
sad episode. otosakakun was watching angel beats, he got the guts to watch it in that condition. much respect

7th was quite a nice episode
Varination
I found the 7th episode dark but oddly satisfying at the same time :D I was really surprised when he was about to snort cocaine tho :o
piruchan
Best character is dead, time to drop this
Yes, I didn't enjoy the anime THAT much to have the imouto as best character.

I'm a bit interested in what's going to happen to next, but if they're going to keep being episodic then I'm just going to wait until imouto comes back to live.
Green Platinum
I'd drop Charlotte but it's against my principles. Especially since it has a following.
show more