Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jerry
I think this anime deserves it's own thread since.. y'know, Key bias

PV :

MAL : http://myanimelist.net/anime/28999/Charlotte
Air time : Sunday 12:00am (GMT +9)
Green Platinum
Doesn't live up to the hype. Nao is a pretty shitty heroine and given the OP and ED's fixation on her we are stuck with her. She feels like Yurippe at points but then turns around and does some cutesy dialogue to obviously appease some juvenile fans. Yuu seems a bit bland and personally I'd be more interested in a series revolving around his asshole self or atleast keep his manipulative tendencies, which essentially all seemed to disappear by the second episode and he fell into plain male protagonist. Joujirou is alright but I don't see much originality and variety in his gag moments. Finally please fucking kill me when the sister Ayumi is on, considering the whole talk in episode 2 about siblings gaining powers and the kidnapping thing with Nao pretty much foreshadows her inevitable involvement when things get hot. There is another girl on MALs image for the series, I hope she will at least be good.

I talk about this a lot but I obsess over the evil side having understandable motivations and evil scientists because no ethics is garbage. It is only early times.

Ear fetish in the OP it seems. Or the "Every anime opening ever" video. They are nothing special.
piruchan

Green Platinum wrote:

Doesn't live up to the hype.
I have only watched the first episode, but I agree with this. First episode feels somewhat boring for a show with that much hype.

One thing that keeps bugging me is the characters' eyes. I feel like they're too big, even for anime standard.
Mafuuu
First episode wasn't half bad if it were a pure comedy. Sadly it isn't. The second episode tried to present itself as the 'shit starts getting revealed' episode which was nice and all but this supernatural theme they're trying to do just isn't working out. It just feels like they made a slice of life/comedy and someone suggested that the fans would get bored of that so they all just agreed on adding some supernatural aspects as a spice. I was already skeptical at first and now I can see this show falling apart pretty soon. The characters are pretty boring too. We got that tragic-slash-mysterious-slash-mischievious girl, the megane goofball, klutzy imouto, and a guy who got dragged in and has no idea what's going on... Are they sure this isn't a pure comedy?

Overall, I'm disappointed and uninterested. I can't see this show redeeming itself with these characters no matter how many twists they pull. Hopefully Key makes a miracle happen though.
Green Platinum
Third episode was better, especially from a comedy perspective but that may be due to a particularly horrible Denpa Kyoushi episode.

So many views yet so few replies :|
Topic Starter
Jerry
I'm really digging the contrast in personality of Yusa and Misa

The Gambler
That's why we wait for the translation of the VN to be finished, fan-made or not. Anime tends to wash out certain things to compromise for the reach it gets.

Also, it's a Key anime? When did that happen?
Green Platinum
I'd never re-read a VN in it's entirety. They are often far too long for the pleasure I'd derive from one.
Topic Starter
Jerry

The Gambler wrote:

The anime was announced during the Key Conference as their new project
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 015/.82505
Green Platinum

Jerry wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

The anime was announced during the Key Conference as their new project
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 015/.82505
People only really care because it is Key + P.A + Maeda Jun OST
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

People only really care because it is Key + P.A + Maeda Jun OST
Well, Jun Maeda doesn't write scripts as much anymore, so RIP my beloved heart-wrenching moments.
Mafuuu
I just watched episode 3. The whole double power with channeling was predictable from the start with the sibling information we gained last episode so this episode wasn't as surprising as it could've been. My opinions of the show still haven't changed. I gotta admit though, the way Tomori can give info on a location immediately after water guy points it out is amazing.

The Gambler wrote:

Well, Jun Maeda doesn't write scripts as much anymore, so RIP my beloved heart-wrenching moments.
Darn it, That guy is way too good to stop writing. The scenes he made were so emotional and awesome. They shall be missed. I wonder if there's anyone who could replace him?
Green Platinum

Mafuuu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

Darn it, That guy is way too good to stop writing. The scenes he made were so emotional and awesome. They shall be missed. I wonder if there's anyone who could replace him?
MAL doesn't list him for scripts on anything but Charlotte
http://myanimelist.net/people/2347/Maeda_Jun
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

MAL doesn't list him for scripts on anything but Charlotte
http://myanimelist.net/people/2347/Maeda_Jun
That's probably the anime, since it is going to start off as an anime. He did write scripts for previous VNs though, as well as Angel Beats (That should've appeared btw)
Green Platinum
If we are going VNs then Ryukishi07 is infinitely better
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

Well, their style is similar, but replace emotional tears in Maeda's work with horror. That's Ryukishi07 for you.
07 himself even said he was a Maeda fan and was inspired by his writing style.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so props to you.
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Well, their style is similar, but replace emotional tears in Maeda's work with horror. That's Ryukishi07 for you.
07 himself even said he was a Maeda fan and was inspired by his writing style.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so props to you.
Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audeience to empathise Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audience to empathize Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
Lol. I meant having read both Clannad and the Higurashi: When They Cry Onikakushi-Hen (roughly the same time period) I felt like the empathetic elements are similar, but what stood out more in 07's work are the horror elements. I still haven't quite read Umineko or Rose Guns Days, but I'll get there.

If I ever finish building my keyboard...

EDIT: My mistake, Majikoi S was just released. I'm putting that in my backlog atm.
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Even in heart-wrenching moments and getting the audience to empathize Ryukishi is better. I never mentioned horror.
Empathise. British-English > American-English
Thanks for correcting Audience.
Green Platinum
I recall another Key + P.A. collaboration where the protagonist and the group of misfits compete using baseball. But it's on the tip of my tongue... :^)

At this point I find Yusa and Misa to have just a more extreme version of Nao's personality. It's just Yusa is predominantly cutesy and Nao is 'aggressive' (Can't think of a more appropriate word atm)
show more