forum

Ranked Taiko Map Difficulty Tier list

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roufou
I'm bored don't question it

Songs within tiers are generally in order, heavily based on FC.

SPOILER
GOD+:
Kobaryo - Necrophagiatoast [Destructive Nightmare]

GOD:
Kurokotei - Galaxy Collapse [Oni]
Filthy - Comfort BLAST [BOOM]
Kobaryo - Magical Sanctuary [Hakai]
Camellia - POWA OF DA WILDANES [Tatsujin]

Demi-God
you - Hold Angel [Angel]

SS+:
moro - Deaf-mutes [Oni]

SS:
xi - Aragami [Inner Oni]

SS-:
The Flashbulb - Lawn Wake IV (Black) [Akumu]

S+:
Sampling Masters MEGA & Tatsh - Weave Detonator [Taiko Detonator]
typeMARS - Triumph & Regret [Inner Oni]
USAO - Night sky (Extended Mix) [Beyond Astronomical Twilight]

A+:
Camellia feat. Nanahira - Bassdrop Freaks (Long Ver.) [Drumstep Freaks] (Kin)

A:
Camellia - Exit This Earth's Atomosphere [Exoplanetary]

B+:
D(ABE3) - MANIERA [Virtuoso]

B:
KASAI HARCORES - Cycle Hit [Strike] (Midnaait)
fripSide - Last Fortune (pocotan Remix) [Inner Oni]
KASAI HARCORES - Cycle Hit [World Tour] (Axer)
Raiden
In my opinion Revolution Deatshquad is harder than Daddy's Fatal Oni, not because of the pattern complexity but because of the ridiculous length and thus stamina required to complete it. (This applies to Because Maybe as well)

Deaf-mutes is just beyond retarded I gotta agree on that one
lolcubes
Hm, I don't have much issues with Because Maybe, but Shinsekai, I can't even pass. The stream complexity there is too much for me.

I still think we shouldn't put all the maps into the same bin for "difficulty" purposes. There are different kinds of difficulty: speed, complexity, endurance. If you just average these out you will end up with maps in the same category which cannot be passed by people of certain ability, and maps which can be FCd.

For example:
Person A has no issues with reading and reacting to 280 BPM, and can play Kyouki Chinden (TV Size) and FC it. That same person has issues with reading complex stream even at lower speeds, and cannot pass maps like Shinsekai, and can barely pass maps like Intersect Thunderbolt (patterns here are difficult to read to be honest, they are too random), but has decent stamina so can comfortably play Revolution Deathsquad.

Person B has limitless stamina and can FC Revolution, but lacks speed, so finds Kyouki Chinden impossible. Also has decent reading abilities so can pass Shinsekai.

Person C is really good at reading and reacting, but lacks speed and stamina. Can FC maps like Shinsekai, but has issues with Deathsquad, and Kyouki Chinden is far outside of the playing range.

I made some extreme examples which may not be completely true, but I hope you can see why I split them like this.
Also, it comes down to the player's playstyle as well. Certain pattern combinations are ridiculously difficult for a full alt player like me, which are possibly piss easy for someone with ddkk playstyle.
Topic Starter
roufou
keep in mind that these maps are for fcing purposes, and I'm trying to go by averages and a more objective stand-point, see it as SR just made by humans.

honestly I'm surprised people disagree with revolution deathsquad being lower, I was expecting people to think it's too high, I find because maybe and daddy to be way more exhausting, the only problem I have with deathsquad is reading the whole map without missing.

also yeah I can understand it if you think daddy doesn't deserve to be in its own tier, I might change that if we get more challenge maps ranked
Conor
Topic Starter
roufou
not sure if sarcastic, but I added quite a few songs for good measure, this list will probably be never truly finished, but for now I can't really think of too many maps (even though the size of this list could probably be doubled)
Conor
Topic Starter
roufou
the part I was wondering if was sarcasm was the last part, but I guess it wasn't

anyhow for now I'm focusing on harder songs, somewhere above 200 pp (or deserving to be 200 pp). I might become more lenient later on but I don't want to clog the list with easier maps for now.

as for mods all songs will be nomod, I might however consider judging some mod fcs (I'll probably add "+HR" at the end for instance), I doubt I'll make multiple lists for various mods though.
Bramble
Not every map has a link to it's beatmap page. I am disappoint agu :c
[Ayase Eli]
*scrolls*
*scrolls*
*scrolls*
*scrolls*

Hey I can beat that one! :)
ikin5050
Disagree with anthem being only C+ but nice list :)
Topic Starter
roufou
added some newer songs, need to clean up some stuff if I bother later, and some stuff should be nerfed or buffed like tenjiku and rainbow dash for instance...

wasn't really sure where akumu and aragami deserved to be so sorry if it's not entirely where it should be, especially akumu cause I don't really remember the map too well and will probably need to look at it again.

also anthem is really easy I fced it like 7 months ago with no effort and I still haven't fced yakujinsama
Yuzeyun
daddy and lawn wake are literally the same shit except one is 8 bpm slower than the other :V

more emphasis on the fact that i nearly SS image material (3x100 3xmiss due to choking) while i can't even fucking A akumu
[TaikoTori]
I'll just post some thoughts here. Mind though, its just my opinion, but it may help in one way or another.

SPOILER
Galaxy Collapse: In my opinion, a two edged sword; While it is, without a doubt, the most difficult map, it is so only because of its speed. There is proof to support that; most people can acc it on >99% on HT just fine, while on normal speed, it is sheer impossible. But then again, its a matter of what we are looking at here; in terms of sheer pass-ability, it seems indeed acceptable.

Deaf mutes: I have never really touched that map a lot, i don't know, i don't like the song at all. Can't really say much about this map, but i don't think it should rank as high as it does, but i could be wrong here, lol.

I'm your daddy: This is where i see the biggest problem on. In my opinion, Daddy is a lot easier than Akumu and also easier than Aragami. I fail to see where it is so difficult that it would rank that high.

Aragami: Oh well. Even though it is shorter and a little slower than Daddy, i think it is much more difficult technique-wise (for example the 1/6 stream in the beginning, or the one everyone misses on in the middle) hence why i would definitely rank it higher than Daddy, and arguably a little lower than...

...Akumu: But maybe i just suck on that map, but i feel like this map is very difficult. Welp, maybe it just is my very own ability that limits me there.

Shinsekai: The only thing that makes this more difficult than let's say Shuffle Heaven is that the streams in that maps are absolutely non-nonsensical. But again: from a pass-ability standpoint, totally acceptable.

I would have more, but i think that's enough for now. Don't kill me please for what i wrote! :P And i think especially in the lower ranks, the maps are very accurate and well done. Tier lists are always very subjective and difficult to manage as many points have to be adressed in order to make it work.
Topic Starter
roufou
I can agree with most of it and will take it into consideration for when I do eventually update.

I don't think deaf mutes should be lowered though, generally people agree that it is harder than aragami, and shinsekai is way harder than shuffle heaven in about every way. I could fc shuffle heaven without TOO much trouble and probably get a B on shinsekai, and I honestly believe that almost anyone else would fc shuffle heaven months before shinsekai. I'd also argue that shuffle heaven has some pretty confusing streams as well being slightly unorthodox. (but not in the same fashion as shinsekai)

also I repeat, this tier is mostly based on how hard maps are to fc, not pass.