1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
That's probably true on both accounts said by Blue Dragon and Lasse, but I just wanted to critique. First it's the highest diff in this set. I just said it plays awkwardly this is just me being nitpicky. If there was anything that I deem as not passable to be ranked I would've stated so because that would always be my intentions. As it stands now it looks good but playing it with the specific patterns that's already laid out is just a complication to me. I'll leave it to the mapper to see if he wants changes or not. Other than the slight spacing error on normal at 00:28:627 (1) - thats about it. A well done 1st map. I don't mean to put hate I don't want to start drama because apparently that's what always happens when someone just wants to critique. If it offends anybody I do apologize.
posted
ho lee hell this is qualified now. i remember testplaying this months ago, hype.

gl styx!
posted
are we going to bother fixing the incorrect bg in the preview or nah
posted
ok so i'm gonna throw my two cents again mainly focused on grumd's diff

00:11:248 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is a fairly huge jump pattern for stuff that's barely intensified in the music, there's only like 3 notes here that warrant jumps
00:13:731 (1,2) - lol what why is this so big
00:20:076 (5,6) - there's like nothing in the music to be mapped here so idk why you mapped these two notes, but you do this a lot so i guess it's ok enough since it's not intensified as much as other notes like this
00:21:593 (7) - missing clap?
00:22:558 (3,4) - more jumps that aren't intensified in the music
00:24:627 (8,9) - this one especially, near full-screen jump that has no intensity, why?
00:26:007 (6,1) - alright so this is basically the hardest pattern to hit in the entire song due to that anklebreak (or whatever it's called idk these new mapping terms) and it really doesn't fit here either, it'd be better just to keep the flow here, nothing in the song really changes to warrant a huge flow change like this
00:30:972 (6,7) - .

to be honest i'm basically just kind of repeating myself from the mod of this map i made over 3 months ago.
i still don't think the jumps here are warranted in a lot of cases, it seems like extreme overmapping (and it probably is); not to mention the general feeling of unpolishedness the difficulty presents in terms of spacing (i guess that's what grumd was going for, though). this set should've ended at nogard's extra.

if you were gonna keep the diff then at least add a difficulty in-between, a 1.1 star gap is pretty damn big considering the other diffs have nowhere near that big of a gap in-between.
posted

fieryrage wrote:

ok so i'm gonna throw my two cents again mainly focused on grumd's diff

00:11:248 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is a fairly huge jump pattern for stuff that's barely intensified in the music, there's only like 3 notes here that warrant jumps
what notes warrant jumps and what notes do not is subject to my judgement and interpretation. moreso, what notes should be considered as jumps is also subjective. this pattern is fairly easy compared to some other patterns in this map, therefore i dont see a problem.
00:13:731 (1,2) - lol what why is this so big
this is the only reasonable point in your whole mod, but its so minor that i dont feel like fixing it because i like the visuals of this pattern
00:20:076 (5,6) - there's like nothing in the music to be mapped here so idk why you mapped these two notes, but you do this a lot so i guess it's ok enough since it's not intensified as much as other notes like this
i can clearly hear two notes in the music, i dont see a problem
00:21:593 (7) - missing clap?
no, its intended to have a whistle instead here, just same as here 00:27:800 (5) -
00:22:558 (3,4) - more jumps that aren't intensified in the music
are you kidding here? hardest bassline in the song here. this map is built around emphasizing bass
00:24:627 (8,9) - this one especially, near full-screen jump that has no intensity, why?
it's smaller than half of other jumps of the kiai. and the synth is pretty dope which warrants a flashy play according to my view
00:26:007 (6,1) - alright so this is basically the hardest pattern to hit in the entire song due to that anklebreak (or whatever it's called idk these new mapping terms) and it really doesn't fit here either, it'd be better just to keep the flow here, nothing in the song really changes to warrant a huge flow change like this
00:30:972 (6,7) - .
bassline, bro

to be honest i'm basically just kind of repeating myself from the mod of this map i made over 3 months ago.
your mod from 3 months ago was rejected for a reason
i still don't think the jumps here are warranted in a lot of cases, it seems like extreme overmapping (and it probably is); not to mention the general feeling of unpolishedness the difficulty presents in terms of spacing (i guess that's what grumd was going for, though). this set should've ended at nogard's extra.

if you were gonna keep the diff then at least add a difficulty in-between, a 1.1 star gap is pretty damn big considering the other diffs have nowhere near that big of a gap in-between.
alright so let me make it clear.
your one and only concern is that jumps are too big in my diff.
this is not a calm song about love and happiness, this is electronic fast paced music which calls for a fast and fun map.
how huge my jumps are gonna be is only for me to decide. the only thing i really need to worry about is jumps and pace to be proportional to music's loudness / pitch / mood / whatever. i repeat, proportional. i can have fullscreen jumps at the loudest basslines, as long as less loud parts have smaller jumps, preferrably proportional to how loud i feel it is.
the fact that you dont understand why i think a certain part of the music needs more emphasis doesnt mean that a reason for that does not exist.
i built this map mainly around bass sounds, and people like monstrata understood this and gave me useful tips how to improve my map according to my view and ideas. you only refuse to understand and bash my mapping.
i can understand that you're not very experienced as a modder and mapper, and that as an experienced player you can be annoyed at hard maps because it's becoming kinda mainstream, but it doesnt make your points valid.
i provided you reasons and explanations. thanks for modding.
posted

Kocari wrote:

Not going to be an asshole here or anything, but it really does play awkwardly. I respect the map but I can't respect how awkwardly it plays. Definitely could use some tweaks in the regards to some jumps - sliders and vice versa, but I won't point out anything. I respect the judgement of qualified state. I'll leave that to the experts. Grats on 1st ranked tho
on the contrary to the previous mod i replied to, this might be a valid point. i cant deny or approve this statement, but there is a possibility it's true. however it doesn't help anything when you don't tell what exactly is awkward and why.
i testplayed this map a handful of times. sometimes it's tricky, sometimes it's hard, but never awkward to me.
maybe it's because you're a tablet player and i'm a mouse player, but who knows.
i can't improve anything until you give me a more detailed critique

edit: you may want to ask other players who achieved top scores on this map if they find it awkward.
one reason may be that this map contain clockwise and counterclockwise jump patterns, and you feel awkwardness when playing one of them or when switching. i dont see it as a problem though
posted

grumd wrote:

fieryrage wrote:

ok so i'm gonna throw my two cents again mainly focused on grumd's diff

00:11:248 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is a fairly huge jump pattern for stuff that's barely intensified in the music, there's only like 3 notes here that warrant jumps
what notes warrant jumps and what notes do not is subject to my judgement and interpretation. moreso, what notes should be considered as jumps is also subjective. this pattern is fairly easy compared to some other patterns in this map, therefore i dont see a problem.
00:13:731 (1,2) - lol what why is this so big
this is the only reasonable point in your whole mod, but its so minor that i dont feel like fixing it because i like the visuals of this pattern
00:20:076 (5,6) - there's like nothing in the music to be mapped here so idk why you mapped these two notes, but you do this a lot so i guess it's ok enough since it's not intensified as much as other notes like this
i can clearly hear two notes in the music, i dont see a problem
00:21:593 (7) - missing clap?
no, its intended to have a whistle instead here, just same as here 00:27:800 (5) -
00:22:558 (3,4) - more jumps that aren't intensified in the music
are you kidding here? hardest bassline in the song here. this map is built around emphasizing bass
00:24:627 (8,9) - this one especially, near full-screen jump that has no intensity, why?
it's smaller than half of other jumps of the kiai. and the synth is pretty dope which warrants a flashy play according to my view
00:26:007 (6,1) - alright so this is basically the hardest pattern to hit in the entire song due to that anklebreak (or whatever it's called idk these new mapping terms) and it really doesn't fit here either, it'd be better just to keep the flow here, nothing in the song really changes to warrant a huge flow change like this
00:30:972 (6,7) - .
bassline, bro

to be honest i'm basically just kind of repeating myself from the mod of this map i made over 3 months ago.
your mod from 3 months ago was rejected for a reason
i still don't think the jumps here are warranted in a lot of cases, it seems like extreme overmapping (and it probably is); not to mention the general feeling of unpolishedness the difficulty presents in terms of spacing (i guess that's what grumd was going for, though). this set should've ended at nogard's extra.

if you were gonna keep the diff then at least add a difficulty in-between, a 1.1 star gap is pretty damn big considering the other diffs have nowhere near that big of a gap in-between.
alright so let me make it clear.
your one and only concern is that jumps are too big in my diff.
this is not a calm song about love and happiness, this is electronic fast paced music which calls for a fast and fun map.
how huge my jumps are gonna be is only for me to decide. the only thing i really need to worry about is jumps and pace to be proportional to music's loudness / pitch / mood / whatever. i repeat, proportional. i can have fullscreen jumps at the loudest basslines, as long as less loud parts have smaller jumps, preferrably proportional to how loud i feel it is.
the fact that you dont understand why i think a certain part of the music needs more emphasis doesnt mean that a reason for that does not exist.
i built this map mainly around bass sounds, and people like monstrata understood this and gave me useful tips how to improve my map according to my view and ideas. you only refuse to understand and bash my mapping.
i can understand that you're not very experienced as a modder and mapper, and that as an experienced player you can be annoyed at hard maps because it's becoming kinda mainstream, but it doesnt make your points valid.
i provided you reasons and explanations. thanks for modding.
thanks for responding civilly, appreciate it.
yes, it is pretty annoying that a majority of high-star rating diffs these days overuse jumps as a means to inflate difficulty--as a mapper myself i'm guilty of doing that. hence the main concern being the big jumps. while i agree this is an energetic song, i don't think (and this is a personal opinion, so you're more than welcome to disagree) it really warrants full-screen jumps just because the song itself isn't really that intense at its core. to me, the song is a happy-go-lucky upbeat tempo song, albeit with pretty twisted lyrics. i personally thought the tempo wasn't warranting of big jumps (except for the hard bass drum kicks); i thought this was represented pretty well in the next extra diff and the others below it. i thought your diff was a bit wonky in terms of the flow of some jumps when it really didn't need it (00:26:007 (6,1,2,3) - this is the jump pattern i almost always broke on (screenshot doesn't have the few tries that i retried), the jump between 00:26:007 (6,1) - as i stated was pretty awkward to hit which caused that most of the time)--however that's your style, so i respect that, and it's perfectly playable.

i guess the point i was/am trying to make was while i liked the flow of the map and a lot of the anti-flow mechanics (00:09:869 (3,4,5) - spacing like this for example, also 00:11:938 (9,1) - this stuff i absolutely adore), i just didn't feel like the big jumps fit. but i guess what can you do, you can't always agree on stuff like this lol

granted, i can definitely see your point and the purpose to the jumps now, and i thank you for clarifying that. admittedly i didn't really hear the bass lines all too well, but that's probably just because i'm an idiot and can't music theory worth ass.

hope i didn't come across too brash originally, i do like the map, just not really a fan of how big the jumps are. it's a similar case to the Lemur diffs for me.
posted

Kocari wrote:

Not going to be an asshole here or anything, but it really does play awkwardly. I respect the map but I can't respect how awkwardly it plays. Definitely could use some tweaks in the regards to some jumps - sliders and vice versa, but I won't point out anything. I respect the judgement of qualified state. I'll leave that to the experts. Grats on 1st ranked tho
dude hes just mapping to the title of the song! this is creative beyond our minds!

jk tho, gz on rank!
posted
STFU KIBB U WISH U COULD MAP LIKE THIS, ALL YOUR EXTRAS ARE TRASH
posted
Why does pishi's Insane, Normal, and Nogard's Extra have Widescreen support when the rest don't?

Also some of Sharkie's sliders end on 1/16th while some end on 1/12th for literally no reason. I'll point out the examples:

  1. 00:07:110 (1,3) - The first one ends on 1/16th when the second one ends on 1/12th
  2. 00:10:421 (1,3) - First one ends on 1/12th when the next one ends on 1/16th
  3. 00:11:248 (5) - 1/16th which doesn't make sense since 00:07:938 (5) is 1/12th and is the same thing
  4. 00:17:041 (1,3) - First one is 1/16th, second one is 1/12th
  5. 00:20:352 (1) - This ends on 1/12th when 00:26:972 (1) ends on 1/16th even though they're the same sound.
  6. 00:24:903 (8,1) - First one ends on 1/16th when the second one ends on 1/12th. They're literally the same sound in the song.


Pretty sure this is unintentional and that alone should warrant a DQ, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm open to hear as to why you did that if it was intentional.

Also, just wanna make sure the 5.58* diff having higher HP drain than the 6.66* diff is intentional.
posted
needs +10 offset
posted
Hey there,

as you can see above, there are some valid concerns being raised up. Main problem are the unsnaps, so please make sure to resnap these properly.
posted

Irreversible wrote:

Hey there

valid concerns over here

pls fix them up
riot11!!1
posted
Checked an older version of Sharkie's diff, something happened between his update and qualified that I didn't catch apparently, because the old sliders were snapped properly.

Call me back for recheck.
posted

Cryptic wrote:

Checked an older version of Sharkie's diff, something happened between his update and qualified that I didn't catch apparently, because the old sliders were snapped properly.

Call me back for recheck.
w w w
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

Kocari wrote:

Not going to be an asshole here or anything, but it really does play awkwardly. I respect the map but I can't respect how awkwardly it plays. Definitely could use some tweaks in the regards to some jumps - sliders and vice versa, but I won't point out anything. I respect the judgement of qualified state. I'll leave that to the experts. Grats on 1st ranked tho
dude hes just mapping to the title of the song! this is creative beyond our minds!

jk tho, gz on rank!
yes that was 100% my idea

also




DONT RUIN MAPPER SPIRIT OMG!!!!!!!!!!
posted
I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the nicest modders you'll see. Everyone else might give ya shit. :D
posted
fixed.
posted

Azer wrote:

needs +10 offset
Yeah, it does. Specifically +12 in my opinion. You can get a few more opinions on this if you want.
Other than that, it looks like the slider snapping issues in Sharkie's diff have been fixed so after the offset has been changed I think we'll be good to go. Call me back.
posted
oops i did a bad again
show more
Please sign in to reply.