forum

New clicking element: Scratch circle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
This is an element taken from another rhythm game called The Rhythm Of Fighters. It would really improve beatmap editing. It consists in, when the approach circle reaches the inner circle, you must scratch the circle in the specified direction. Only for this type of circle you can hold the mouse buttons/keys with anticipation and scratch it at the right time. You can make unique streams out of this.

Here's an example of it in the actual game:

NOTE: It DOESN'T have to apply to the end of the sliders, only as individual circles.

I hope you like it, thanks for reading.
Flanster
Yet another "I played this game, osu! should have that" request.

Considering only a small portion of the playerbase use touchscreen, I don't see how this will work as "scratching" with a mouse/tablet will feel wierd, not to mention uncomfortable for beginners. But it can be fun for those who like to cursordance (like me).
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
The scratch circles can be optional in that case.

LoliFlan wrote:

Yet another "I played this game, osu! should have that" request.

Considering only a small portion of the playerbase use touchscreen, I don't see how this will work as "scratching" with a mouse/tablet will feel wierd, not to mention uncomfortable for beginners. But it can be fun for those who like to cursordance (like me).
It doesnt have to be those patterns, can be something more logical and appropiate for both mouse and tablet users.
-Maus-
It's like saying that LNs should be optional in mania

Which is actually a good idea
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

stepmania LN deficiency syndrome
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

stepmania LN deficiency syndrome
Osu!mania noodle overload syndrome
silmarilen
this is basically sliders
Yauxo

silmarilen wrote:

this is basically sliders
Kicksliders.

I mean, high-SV Kicksliders are pretty much the same as the suggested here, if they actually make you follow the Slider. But here's the thing, we dont see that often since it's not really too much fun to play. These things could be placed in weird ways which would be completely anti-flow, thus kinda ruining a map. I also dont really see this happening on high BPM maps. Imagne https://osu.ppy.sh/b/555965 with these scratches. ... D: I'd rather not.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
I'd prefer this to be approved, so bump.