honkers

fuyuyu- wrote:

from my queue

Unrankable
Highly recommend
Suggestion
It depends on preference

General
  1. Inconsistency in Kiai Times in N-H, is it purposely?

Normal
  1. Please unify NC pattern
  2. 00:14:875 (1) - Remove NC
  3. 00:17:541 (1,2) - Switch NC
  4. 00:19:875 (1,3) - ^
  5. 00:28:541 (6,1) - ^
  6. 00:31:541 (6,1) - ^
  7. 00:33:875 (4) - Add NC
  8. 00:36:541 (9) - ^
  9. 00:38:875 (1,2) - Switch NC
  10. 00:48:875 (1,3) - ^
  11. 00:54:875 (1,2) - ^
  12. 00:57:208 (1,3) - ^
  13. 01:10:541 (1,1) - Remove NC, its not suitable for N(E) diff
    Fixed some of the NCs

Hard
  1. change to CS3.5?
  2. 00:08:541 (3) - Ctrl+G?
  3. 00:28:541 (8,1) - Switch NC
  4. 00:31:208 (7) - Add NC
  5. 00:36:875 (6) - ^
  6. 00:54:875 (1,2) - Switch NC
  7. 00:57:208 (5) - Add NC?
  8. 01:00:541 (7,1) - Switch NC
  9. 01:03:208 (6,1) - ^
  10. 01:05:875 (6) - Add NC
  11. 01:11:208 (9,1) - Switch NC
  12. 01:12:541 (3) - Ctrl+G?
    Didnt change anything here, sorry.

GL~
Thanks for the mod !! Updated :D
Yamicchi
Hi, from modding queue :3
[Normal]
00:53:875 (3) - Ctrl + J
01:07:208 (4) - slider is overlaped with 3. Fix this
For a Normal diff (as it the easiest diff in the mapset) there are too much object, and no blanket. If you can, change some of the softbeat circles into sliders, and add more blanket in the map.
[Hard]
Is it me or the offset at 00:44:541 - changed? If that's true, than you must add timing point here, or less object here.
Well, the Hard diff is quite good ( I mean too good) so I won't mod it
Good luck on your map :3 hope this get ranked
UndeadCapulet
From my queue, if you deny anything please explain why you're denying it, don't just say "it's my style" or whatever, have actual reasoning. Otherwise I'll never mod for you again~~~ <3

Anyway, here's the mod:

General

Combo colour 4 is really dark, I know you're using the same colour as the shirt in the picture, but dark combo colours are never very fun to use, and they can make approach circles hard to see when background dim is enabled. Here is a suggestion for a more lively colour choice:

Combo1 : 7,56,226

It's basically the same blue, but brighter.

Your, uhh, "spread balance" is really weird. The song is 90BPM, so 1/2 is basically just 1/1. Your SV's are very low (fittingly low, but still low). Because of these things, your Hard diff feels like a Normal with some DS inconsistencies, and your Normal is closer to an Easy, even considering the note density. This shouldn't be too big of an issue, since the spread isn't "unbalanced" per se, but there was a recent disqualification over unfitting difficulty names, so I just wanted to point it out, keep it in mind for the future.

---

Hard

Someone has to be the "No Fun Allowed" police for this map, unfortunately it's going to be me, sorry :V

There is no 1/6 in this song, your current 1/6 sliders should all be 1/4. Slow the song down to 25% playback and it will be more obvious; she's just slurring her words to make it feel more "jazzy", but the rhythm is all 1/4. And yes, this is an unrankable issue; I wish it wasn't as much as you do, I'd love to be allowed to extend sliders to 1/6, but it's against da rulez :<

I'm going to segment a part of this mod out to discuss spacing, and it's appropriate usage in a Hard difficutly. After that, I'll touch on a few other semi-general things for the remainder of the mod.

00:07:208 (1,2) - I know this is a Hard, so distance snap isn't as important, but this spacing is just too high compared to your early 1/2 sections; Hard-level players will not be able to expect 1/2 at this part. Not only that, but a jump here really doesn't make any sense, there's nothing in this part of the music that is stronger than anything before this; you should save your jumps for stronger drumbeats or specific vocal emphasis. These concepts apply to most of this difficulty, you overemphasize a lot of beats in the music, and your DS usage is unfitting for a Hard difficulty. You can include jumps or DS breaks just fine, but please aim to keep the general spacing and composition consistent; 1/2 should never be spaced similar to 1/1, or vice versa, it will only make things confusing. Similarly, 1/4 should never look like 1/2.
If you need an example of what a "fitting jump" would be, 00:54:208 (3,1) - is perfectly appropriate for this difficulty. It fits the music well, flows well, and most importantly, still looks like it's in 1/2 beat.
Meanwhile, 01:09:208 (2,3,4) - is completely unacceptable, it's 1/4 that's nearing the same spacing as 1/1 stuff. No Hard-level player will ever be able to read this.
Go through your difficulty again, only this time pay attention to your overall composition.

And now for the rest of the mod:

00:03:875 (4,5,1) - The composition of this part is very strange; it's completely linear, but I think there should be some deviation to emphasize the downbeat better. These shouldn't feel as connected as they currently are. An arrangement along the lines of this is more interesting and more fitting to the music.
00:10:875 (2,3,4,5,1) - This is another example of awkward straight lines. The 2,3 motion is the same direction as the 3,4,5 motion, but there's a whole 1/2 time period of lingering over 3; the player expects some form of direction change at this point, and not having one is underwhelming. Furthermore, the next slider is also pointing in the same direction, which makes things even more boring. I'm not going to continue pointing out instances of unfitting straight lines, I hope you can apply my comments here wherever else you see fit.
00:14:875 (1,1) - and 00:17:541 (1,1) - Lovely and creative usage of new combo, this is really nice! However, since you don't use this effect in the later parts of the verse, it may come across as NC inconsistency, which is never a good thing. You always want to strive to keep your NC job consistent throughout the map, and especially in lower difficulties, people tend to not approve of single-note-only combos. Be careful!
01:11:541 (1,2,3,4,5) - This whole rhythm choice is illogical. You start out with a debatable overmap (that once again should be 1/4), since there's nothing but vocals here. You continue with vocals until you reach 01:13:208 (4) - , where you swap to some instrumental sound in the background. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too; these mixmatched rhythm choices are very confusing and nonsensical, not to mention unrewarding to play. This is a more fitting rhythm choice for this section, it follows the vocals (the stronger and more appropriate of the two options), while still letting the player hold through that ringing sound a little bit. Furthermore, your current arrangement of stacked sliderheads is too cluttered and confusing for Hard-level players; they aren't accustomed to doubling back to sliderheads or consciously abusing slider leniency, so they will basically always miss here. I know you want to be creative, but please keep your target audience in mind while doing so.

---

Normal

00:20:875 (3,4,5,6,7) - This is a very jerky an haphazard composition. For the easiest map in your spread, expect new players to be playing it. They will find these kinds of 1/2 arrangements to be very snapping-based and, well I already used this word but, jerky. Try to stick to smoother curves for a slower, smoother song. I would suggest one rearrangement to give you ideas for what I mean, but I can't really find an easy way to fix this without completely breaking the rest of the map, so... instead enjoy the following two images, and hopefully you can understand my suggestions and think of something yourself: http://puu.sh/jtuyq/ec2bada225.jpg , http://puu.sh/jtuBS/339bd3ee18.jpg . To be honest, you do a pretty good job for most of the map, it seems like for this part you just ran out of space or something lol.
00:41:875 (1) - Extend this out two more white ticks, and delete everything up to 00:45:875 (1) - ; the spinner now fits the vocals better, and you aren't missing out on anything important. That lead-in bit wasn't needed, and what's left over is still a good build into the kiai, since now all that's really mapped is the vocals.
Tiny overlaps such as 01:05:541 (5,1) - and 01:06:875 (3,4) - are ugly and only serve to make your map feel cluttered. You can make very minor rearrangements to the spacings and slider designs and everything will be fixed easily.

---
Good luck!
Topic Starter
honkers

[ Shana Yami ] wrote:

Hi, from modding queue :3
[Normal]
00:53:875 (3) - Ctrl + J You mean Ctrl + G? Normals need constant DS so I cannot do this.
01:07:208 (4) - slider is overlaped with 3. Fix this Fixed
For a Normal diff (as it the easiest diff in the mapset) there are too much object, and no blanket. If you can, change some of the softbeat circles into sliders, and add more blanket in the map. I think this is fine as of now.
[Hard]
Is it me or the offset at 00:44:541 - changed? If that's true, than you must add timing point here, or less object here. I don't feel like there is a change in offset here.
Well, the Hard diff is quite good ( I mean too good) so I won't mod it
Good luck on your map :3 hope this get ranked
Thanks for the mod but the hard is far from being good aha. :)

UndeadCapulet wrote:

From my queue, if you deny anything please explain why you're denying it, don't just say "it's my style" or whatever, have actual reasoning. Otherwise I'll never mod for you again~~~ <3

Anyway, here's the mod:

General

Combo colour 4 is really dark, I know you're using the same colour as the shirt in the picture, but dark combo colours are never very fun to use, and they can make approach circles hard to see when background dim is enabled. Here is a suggestion for a more lively colour choice: Although I did not change it to below I did however did use a new brighter colour.

Combo1 : 7,56,226

It's basically the same blue, but brighter.

Your, uhh, "spread balance" is really weird. The song is 90BPM, so 1/2 is basically just 1/1. Your SV's are very low (fittingly low, but still low). Because of these things, your Hard diff feels like a Normal with some DS inconsistencies, and your Normal is closer to an Easy, even considering the note density. This shouldn't be too big of an issue, since the spread isn't "unbalanced" per se, but there was a recent disqualification over unfitting difficulty names, so I just wanted to point it out, keep it in mind for the future. Well I was going for an easier hard and normal however you do have a point. I do think that the current works great with the and increase the sv might me unnecessary.

---

Hard

Someone has to be the "No Fun Allowed" police for this map, unfortunately it's going to be me, sorry :V I cri evyrtiem

There is no 1/6 in this song, your current 1/6 sliders should all be 1/4. Slow the song down to 25% playback and it will be more obvious; she's just slurring her words to make it feel more "jazzy", but the rhythm is all 1/4. And yes, this is an unrankable issue; I wish it wasn't as much as you do, I'd love to be allowed to extend sliders to 1/6, but it's against da rulez :< It feels so fun with 1/6 alas I did change all of them.

I'm going to segment a part of this mod out to discuss spacing, and it's appropriate usage in a Hard difficutly. After that, I'll touch on a few other semi-general things for the remainder of the mod.

00:07:208 (1,2) - I know this is a Hard, so distance snap isn't as important, but this spacing is just too high compared to your early 1/2 sections; Hard-level players will not be able to expect 1/2 at this part. Not only that, but a jump here really doesn't make any sense, there's nothing in this part of the music that is stronger than anything before this; you should save your jumps for stronger drumbeats or specific vocal emphasis. These concepts apply to most of this difficulty, you overemphasize a lot of beats in the music, and your DS usage is unfitting for a Hard difficulty. You can include jumps or DS breaks just fine, but please aim to keep the general spacing and composition consistent; 1/2 should never be spaced similar to 1/1, or vice versa, it will only make things confusing. Similarly, 1/4 should never look like 1/2. I do see how this jump is too spaced and would throw off players so I reduced the jump to the proper DS.
If you need an example of what a "fitting jump" would be, 00:54:208 (3,1) - is perfectly appropriate for this difficulty. It fits the music well, flows well, and most importantly, still looks like it's in 1/2 beat.
Meanwhile, 01:09:208 (2,3,4) - is completely unacceptable, it's 1/4 that's nearing the same spacing as 1/1 stuff. No Hard-level player will ever be able to read this. Aha, I didn't really know what to here before so I made some jumpy pattern. I remade the pattern where the proper DS is used.
Go through your difficulty again, only this time pay attention to your overall composition.

And now for the rest of the mod:

00:03:875 (4,5,1) - The composition of this part is very strange; it's completely linear, but I think there should be some deviation to emphasize the downbeat better. These shouldn't feel as connected as they currently are. An arrangement along the lines of this is more interesting and more fitting to the music. Hmm, I see what you mean here. I moved the slider to somewhere else and it does flow a lot better now.
00:10:875 (2,3,4,5,1) - This is another example of awkward straight lines. The 2,3 motion is the same direction as the 3,4,5 motion, but there's a whole 1/2 time period of lingering over 3; the player expects some form of direction change at this point, and not having one is underwhelming. Furthermore, the next slider is also pointing in the same direction, which makes things even more boring. I'm not going to continue pointing out instances of unfitting straight lines, I hope you can apply my comments here wherever else you see fit. Also fixed
00:14:875 (1,1) - and 00:17:541 (1,1) - Lovely and creative usage of new combo, this is really nice! However, since you don't use this effect in the later parts of the verse, it may come across as NC inconsistency, which is never a good thing. You always want to strive to keep your NC job consistent throughout the map, and especially in lower difficulties, people tend to not approve of single-note-only combos. Be careful! I found more places where NC could be used like this so it is a bit more consistent throughout the map.
01:11:541 (1,2,3,4,5) - This whole rhythm choice is illogical. You start out with a debatable overmap (that once again should be 1/4), since there's nothing but vocals here. You continue with vocals until you reach 01:13:208 (4) - , where you swap to some instrumental sound in the background. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too; these mixmatched rhythm choices are very confusing and nonsensical, not to mention unrewarding to play. This is a more fitting rhythm choice for this section, it follows the vocals (the stronger and more appropriate of the two options), while still letting the player hold through that ringing sound a little bit. Furthermore, your current arrangement of stacked sliderheads is too cluttered and confusing for Hard-level players; they aren't accustomed to doubling back to sliderheads or consciously abusing slider leniency, so they will basically always miss here. I know you want to be creative, but please keep your target audience in mind while doing so. Having the sliderheads in the same place would confuse hard mode players. I made a new pattern where it emphasizes the blue tick while having a patter with proper DS so its easier to follow.

---

Normal

00:20:875 (3,4,5,6,7) - This is a very jerky an haphazard composition. For the easiest map in your spread, expect new players to be playing it. They will find these kinds of 1/2 arrangements to be very snapping-based and, well I already used this word but, jerky. Try to stick to smoother curves for a slower, smoother song. I would suggest one rearrangement to give you ideas for what I mean, but I can't really find an easy way to fix this without completely breaking the rest of the map, so... instead enjoy the following two images, and hopefully you can understand my suggestions and think of something yourself: http://puu.sh/jtuyq/ec2bada225.jpg , http://puu.sh/jtuBS/339bd3ee18.jpg . To be honest, you do a pretty good job for most of the map, it seems like for this part you just ran out of space or something lol. That's actually kinda true about the 'running out of space' thing. I redid this pattern where it feels more rounded so its less stagnant.
00:41:875 (1) - Extend this out two more white ticks, and delete everything up to 00:45:875 (1) - ; the spinner now fits the vocals better, and you aren't missing out on anything important. That lead-in bit wasn't needed, and what's left over is still a good build into the kiai, since now all that's really mapped is the vocals.
Tiny overlaps such as 01:05:541 (5,1) - and 01:06:875 (3,4) - are ugly and only serve to make your map feel cluttered. You can make very minor rearrangements to the spacings and slider designs and everything will be fixed easily. Instead of doing this I chose to make two sliders instead which imo matches the music better also leads into khai time quite well.

---
Good luck!
Thanks for the loooooong mod. Very detailed and descriptive mod. If I could rate mods this would 10/10. Ill keep these things in mind when making new maps. Updated !! :D
DeletedUser_3886246

NM from my Queue~
Remember, I'm just expressing my opinion, so please don't take critism as offense, thanks~ c:

General

● Nice use of combo colours~

Normal

● 00:47:208 (1) - I don't really like the slider >.<
● 00:59:875 (6,1) - That blanket could be improved~
● Solid and nice difficulty!

Hard

● 00:03:208 (3,5) - That blanket can be improved.
● 00:14:875 (1) - X140 Y135 for perfect stack.
● 00:17:208 (4) - X343 Y337 for perfect stack.
● 00:28:875 (1) - X432 Y195 ^
● 00:32:541 (3,4) - How about switching these? If you'd switch them, it'd look better, because you can't see the reverse slider next to the long slider.

● 00:41:875 (1,2) - Try to improve that blanket.
● 00:57:208 (5) - How about letting the kick slider moving from the left side, instead from above?

● 00:58:541 (2) - X163 Y38 for perfect stack.
● 01:19:541 (2) - Moving the third slider node to X280 Y96 would make the slider shape more smooth~

That's it with my mod. Good luck ranking your map! c:
Topic Starter
honkers

G3m4sSt4ffLP wrote:

NM from my Queue~
Remember, I'm just expressing my opinion, so please don't take critism as offense, thanks~ c:

General

● Nice use of combo colours~

Normal

● 00:47:208 (1) - I don't really like the slider >.< Spiced up the slider here
● 00:59:875 (6,1) - That blanket could be improved~ I think my blanket here is fine
● Solid and nice difficulty! Thanks

Hard

● 00:03:208 (3,5) - That blanket can be improved. This one is fine
● 00:14:875 (1) - X140 Y135 for perfect stack.
● 00:17:208 (4) - X343 Y337 for perfect stack.
● 00:28:875 (1) - X432 Y195 ^
● 00:32:541 (3,4) - How about switching these? If you'd switch them, it'd look better, because you can't see the reverse slider next to the long slider. I did something else instead

● 00:41:875 (1,2) - Try to improve that blanket. Fixed
● 00:57:208 (5) - How about letting the kick slider moving from the left side, instead from above? I think the current slider already works great

● 00:58:541 (2) - X163 Y38 for perfect stack.
● 01:19:541 (2) - Moving the third slider node to X280 Y96 would make the slider shape more smooth~

hmm? All the stacks are already perfectly stacked or atleast thats what I see on my screen.

That's it with my mod. Good luck ranking your map! c:
Thanks for the mod!! Updated :)
Sc4v4ng3r
Hey there~ Request as made in my queue.

1. Unrankable issues
  2. My opinion which I highly recommend changing it.
  3. Just small suggestions/nazi :/

[General]
  1. Kiai time for both difficulties are different. If one of them were GD, that is fine, but since both of them were made by you, you must keep it the same. I would follow Hard's kiai time, it fits with the song much more. Pretty sure this is unrankable.
[Normal]
  1. 00:01:875 (1,3) - Both of these sliders should be straight for aesthetics.
  2. 00:04:875 (1,2,3) - If you are trying to move to the right, at least rotate (2) more to blanket (3), that will look better, and the flow will be smoother.
  3. 00:07:208 (1,2,4,5) - Follow the previous rhythm, use sliders instead of circles.
  4. 00:07:208 - 00:07:541 - Unsnapped timing points
  5. 00:10:541 (2,3,4,5,6) - Follow the previous rhythm, use more sliders than circles.
  6. 00:11:208 (4,5,6,1) - (1) appears few millisecs after (4) is played, and the previous flow is suggesting the players to move towards (1). Rearrange the pattern so that this can be avoided. This, most of the time confuses beginners.
  7. 00:14:875 (5,1,2) - Flow is bit awkward here, consider moving it this way :

8. 00:17:541 (1) - Why is this going back where (1) and (2) was? You wouldn't want to break the flow Easy/Normal.
  9. 00:20:208 (2) - Try to make this slider point in the midpoint between (1) and (3).
  10. 00:20:875 (3,4,5,6) - Either make 2 of these a slider, I would recommend (3) and (4).
  11. 00:30:875 (6,1,2) - Something similar like above, beginners will move towards (2) since the flow is suggesting them to go that way.
  12. 00:35:875 (1,2,3) - In a pattern like this, you should keep all sliders' shape the same. So (1) should be a straight slider instead of a curved one.
  13. 00:53:875 (3,4,1) - ^^
  14. 00:57:208 (1,2) - I would make these a slider, then remove NC on (1). Instead I will toggle NC on 00:57:875 (3) - .
  15. 01:05:208 (4,5) - Turn these into a slider and make it blanket (3), it will create a nice flow.
  16. 01:09:875 (1,1,1) - You don't need to toggle NC on all these.
[Hard]
  1. This difficulty in general, breaks flow with no specific reason. Check over these, most of them are unnecessary.
  2. And there are jumps when there is no strong beat of any sort. Its ok if you are trying to make patterns off that, but some of them don't really make sense to me.
  3. 00:06:208 (8,9) - Why a jump? No strong beat is present here, remove the jump.
  4. 00:09:208 (4,5) - Would keep the same distance here.
  5. 00:14:875 (1) - Remove NC, you don't need this.
  6. 00:17:208 (4) - You don't need to stack this under (3).
  7. 00:17:541 (1) - Remove NC.
  8. 00:21:875 (3,1) - I still wouldn't cut off the flow here, and at least make a perfect triangle, move (1) to x=88 y=260.
  9. 00:22:541 (1) - Remove NC
  10. 00:25:875 (2,3) - Don't make a jump if the space is 1/4 beat or lesser, remove the jump.
  11. 00:26:541 (4,5) - ^^
  12. 00:28:875 (1) - Remove NC. NC should instead go here : 00:28:541 (8) -
  13. 00:28:541 (8,1,1) - This flow itself looks really weird. Can't really give suggestions on this though.
  14. 00:31:041 (5,1) - Again, don't make jump when there is 1/4 beat space or less.
  15. 00:32:208 (2,3,4,5) - Unnecessarily breaking off the flow here again, I would do this :

16. 00:48:208 (2,3,4) - ^^
  17. 00:59:541 (4,5,6) - Notes like this previously weren't stacked. You could choose to unstack these, or stack the previous similar notes.
  18. 01:04:875 (4,5) - Why would you go backwards? You could try to make a triangle instead.
  19. 01:09:208 (2,3,4) - Since you used 1/4 sliders for triplets up to now, why not do it here too?
  20. 01:09:875 (5,6,7,8) - Doubles are way too hard for Hard difficulties, make these a 1/4 slider.
  21. 01:14:208 (1) - Why an NC here? I would just remove NC for both 01:13:875 (1,1) - .
  22. 01:11:208 (10,1) - NCs on downbeats, remove NC on (1) and place it on (10).
Overall, I feel that the flow can be improved, there is lots of possibilities for that.
GL!
Topic Starter
honkers

[Sc4v4ng3r] wrote:

Hey there~ Request as made in my queue.

1. Unrankable issues
  2. My opinion which I highly recommend changing it.
  3. Just small suggestions/nazi :/

[General]
  1. Kiai time for both difficulties are different. If one of them were GD, that is fine, but since both of them were made by you, you must keep it the same. I would follow Hard's kiai time, it fits with the song much more. Pretty sure this is unrankable. Fixed
[Normal]
  1. 00:01:875 (1,3) - Both of these sliders should be straight for aesthetics. Fixed
  2. 00:04:875 (1,2,3) - If you are trying to move to the right, at least rotate (2) more to blanket (3), that will look better, and the flow will be smoother.
  3. 00:07:208 (1,2,4,5) - Follow the previous rhythm, use sliders instead of circles. Fixed
  4. 00:07:208 - 00:07:541 - Unsnapped timing points Fixed
  5. 00:10:541 (2,3,4,5,6) - Follow the previous rhythm, use more sliders than circles. Fixed
  6. 00:11:208 (4,5,6,1) - (1) appears few millisecs after (4) is played, and the previous flow is suggesting the players to move towards (1). Rearrange the pattern so that this can be avoided. This, most of the time confuses beginners. Fixed
  7. 00:14:875 (5,1,2) - Flow is bit awkward here, consider moving it this way :
    Did something similar
  8. 00:17:541 (1) - Why is this going back where (1) and (2) was? You wouldn't want to break the flow Easy/Normal. Fixed
  9. 00:20:208 (2) - Try to make this slider point in the midpoint between (1) and (3). Fixed
  10. 00:20:875 (3,4,5,6) - Either make 2 of these a slider, I would recommend (3) and (4). Fixed
  11. 00:30:875 (6,1,2) - Something similar like above, beginners will move towards (2) since the flow is suggesting them to go that way. Fixed
  12. 00:35:875 (1,2,3) - In a pattern like this, you should keep all sliders' shape the same. So (1) should be a straight slider instead of a curved one.
  13. 00:53:875 (3,4,1) - ^^
  14. 00:57:208 (1,2) - I would make these a slider, then remove NC on (1). Instead I will toggle NC on 00:57:875 (3) - .
  15. 01:05:208 (4,5) - Turn these into a slider and make it blanket (3), it will create a nice flow. Fixed
  16. 01:09:875 (1,1,1) - You don't need to toggle NC on all these.
[Hard]
  1. This difficulty in general, breaks flow with no specific reason. Check over these, most of them are unnecessary.
  2. And there are jumps when there is no strong beat of any sort. Its ok if you are trying to make patterns off that, but some of them don't really make sense to me.
  3. 00:06:208 (8,9) - Why a jump? No strong beat is present here, remove the jump. Fixed
  4. 00:09:208 (4,5) - Would keep the same distance here.
  5. 00:14:875 (1) - Remove NC, you don't need this.
  6. 00:17:208 (4) - You don't need to stack this under (3).
  7. 00:17:541 (1) - Remove NC.
  8. 00:21:875 (3,1) - I still wouldn't cut off the flow here, and at least make a perfect triangle, move (1) to x=88 y=260. Did something similar
  9. 00:22:541 (1) - Remove NC
  10. 00:25:875 (2,3) - Don't make a jump if the space is 1/4 beat or lesser, remove the jump. Fixed
  11. 00:26:541 (4,5) - ^^
  12. 00:28:875 (1) - Remove NC. NC should instead go here : 00:28:541 (8) - Fixed
  13. 00:28:541 (8,1,1) - This flow itself looks really weird. Can't really give suggestions on this though.
  14. 00:31:041 (5,1) - Again, don't make jump when there is 1/4 beat space or less.
  15. 00:32:208 (2,3,4,5) - Unnecessarily breaking off the flow here again, I would do this : Did something similar

16. 00:48:208 (2,3,4) - ^^
  17. 00:59:541 (4,5,6) - Notes like this previously weren't stacked. You could choose to unstack these, or stack the previous similar notes. Fixed
  18. 01:04:875 (4,5) - Why would you go backwards? You could try to make a triangle instead.
  19. 01:09:208 (2,3,4) - Since you used 1/4 sliders for triplets up to now, why not do it here too?
  20. 01:09:875 (5,6,7,8) - Doubles are way too hard for Hard difficulties, make these a 1/4 slider. Fixed
  21. 01:14:208 (1) - Why an NC here? I would just remove NC for both 01:13:875 (1,1) - .
  22. 01:11:208 (10,1) - NCs on downbeats, remove NC on (1) and place it on (10).
Overall, I feel that the flow can be improved, there is lots of possibilities for that.
GL! Thanks! Stuff with no comment I did not change. Some of the NCs you said to change are to emphasize distinct syllables. Some of those jumps you told me to change are just stacks?? lol.
Thanks for the detailed mod, greatly appreciate it! Updated :)
OtakuWonda
Thanks for making this (^w^)
GabCM
As requested in my modding queue, here I am!

[General]
  1. The map would fit even more on the song if you set the timing offset to 1830, instead of 1854. Otherwise, it's well done.

[Normal]
  1. 00:41:854 (1,1) - Something should be done about those two consecutive spinners. I would either replace the first one with a pattern of circles/sliders, or remove the second one and make it a small break time segment.
  2. 00:47:187 (1,4,1,2,3,4,1,3,1,4,3,5,6,3,4,1,3,4,1,4,5,3) - The ending point of the sliders in the Kiai time aren't snapped properly to the beat, even if I set the beat map divisor to 1/16. To fix, you should extend these sliders, even a little little bit, until they reach their desired snapped ending points. For example, this slider...

...doesn't end at any beat snapping point. I would make it like this instead.

This applies to all of the sliders I've selected. The other ones in that difficulty are fine.
Otherwise, that difficulty was fun to play! Good work, and keep going!

[Hard]
  • The distance between some object seems inconsistent. For example, 00:07:187 (1,2,3,4,5) these circles aren't distanced consistently for being half-beats. Overall, sometimes the objects feel too close to each other, and at other times, they feel too far from each other.
  1. 00:44:520 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - There are distance and positionning issues for the objects right here. For such a velocity, these are placed too far away from each other, and in non-intuitive positions. I would position those objects differently.

Your map has potential. Keep going, and good luck!
Histoire
from my queue

Yoru no Kuni

[General]
  1. source should be "GANGSTA." <-- with the . source: http://www.funimation.com/shows/gangsta/home
  2. Combo colour 2 is tad too to dark, consider changing colour
  3. Soft HS all the way?
[Normal]
  1. Consider switching to CS3
  2. 00:41:854 (1,1) - both spinners are too short
[Hard]
  1. 00:11:187 (3) - offscreen
  2. 00:46:187 - missing notes?
good luck for rank!
Topic Starter
honkers

GabCM wrote:

As requested in my modding queue, here I am!

[General]
  1. The map would fit even more on the song if you set the timing offset to 1830, instead of 1854. Otherwise, it's well done.

[Normal]
  1. 00:41:854 (1,1) - Something should be done about those two consecutive spinners. I would either replace the first one with a pattern of circles/sliders, or remove the second one and make it a small break time segment. Removed second spinner and made a break
  2. 00:47:187 (1,4,1,2,3,4,1,3,1,4,3,5,6,3,4,1,3,4,1,4,5,3) - The ending point of the sliders in the Kiai time aren't snapped properly to the beat, even if I set the beat map divisor to 1/16. To fix, you should extend these sliders, even a little little bit, until they reach their desired snapped ending points. For example, this slider... I copy pasted my timing points from hard and it looks like I forgot to fix it.

...doesn't end at any beat snapping point. I would make it like this instead.

This applies to all of the sliders I've selected. The other ones in that difficulty are fine.
Otherwise, that difficulty was fun to play! Good work, and keep going! Aha, thanks! :)

[Hard]
  • The distance between some object seems inconsistent. For example, 00:07:187 (1,2,3,4,5) these circles aren't distanced consistently for being half-beats. Overall, sometimes the objects feel too close to each other, and at other times, they feel too far from each other. I fixed the jumps so its more equal.
  1. 00:44:520 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - There are distance and positionning issues for the objects right here. For such a velocity, these are placed too far away from each other, and in non-intuitive positions. I would position those objects differently. Right here is the climax point of the song and plus hards have more leniency towards DS so a pattern like is allowed and does the fit song well.

Your map has potential. Keep going, and good luck!

Histoire wrote:

from my queue

Yoru no Kuni

[General]
  1. source should be "GANGSTA." <-- with the . source: http://www.funimation.com/shows/gangsta/home Fixed
  2. Combo colour 2 is tad too to dark, consider changing colour I think its okay as it is rn
  3. Soft HS all the way? Yep
[Normal]
  1. Consider switching to CS3 Makes it too similar to hard
  2. 00:41:854 (1,1) - both spinners are too short Fixed
[Hard]
  1. 00:11:187 (3) - offscreen It looks like it in editor but it actually isn't
  2. 00:46:187 - missing notes? Intended to be empty
good luck for rank! Hopefully it will get ranked soon!
New mp3 and updated, thanks for the mods! :)
GabCM

[ Ernasis ] wrote:

Right here is the climax point of the song and plus hards have more leniency towards DS so a pattern like is allowed and does the fit song well.
I'll keep that in mind for my next moddings and mappings. Thank you.
buhei
from my queue

General

1. The Timing of your map is Totally wrong. The offset Should be 1850. Also Remeber to adjust the preview time after you change the offset.

P.S. Fix your offset first, then check the mod below please.

Normal

1. 00:09:183 (5) - Delete the whistle on SLIDER BODY
  2. 00:23:183 (1) - ^
  3. 00:33:850 (1) - ^
  4. 00:52:516 (1) - ^
  5. 00:57:850 (3) - 01:03:183 (1) - 01:12:516 (4,6) - ^
  6. 01:11:183 (1) - 01:11:850 - 01:12:183 (3) - add whistles
  7. 00:14:183 (4) - Considering 24clap, change it into a slider and add a clap to the tail.
  8. 00:17:183 - add a note or a slider.

Hard

1. 00:05:183 - Missed clap here
  2. 00:20:350 (6) - pay attention to your spacing
  3. 00:21:516 (2) - add whistle
  4. 00:53:516 (2) - you wrongly added whistle to this slider body, making the soundeffect noisy
  5. 01:19:516 (2) - ^
  6. 01:21:183 (4,5) - add whistle
Topic Starter
honkers

buhei wrote:

from my queue

General

1. The Timing of your map is Totally wrong. The offset Should be 1850. Also Remeber to adjust the preview time after you change the offset.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the current offset and I tried yours and it was wayy off.

P.S. Fix your offset first, then check the mod below please.

Normal

1. 00:09:183 (5) - Delete the whistle on SLIDER BODY
  2. 00:23:183 (1) - ^
  3. 00:33:850 (1) - ^
  4. 00:52:516 (1) - ^
  5. 00:57:850 (3) - 01:03:183 (1) - 01:12:516 (4,6) - ^
  6. 01:11:183 (1) - 01:11:850 - 01:12:183 (3) - add whistles
  7. 00:14:183 (4) - Considering 24clap, change it into a slider and add a clap to the tail.
  8. 00:17:183 - add a note or a slider.
Maybe you had a old version of this map but all the points listed above are incorrect. The points that you told me to take off whistle don't even have whistle. lol.

Hard

1. 00:05:183 - Missed clap here fixed
  2. 00:20:350 (6) - pay attention to your spacing I don't see anything wrong with spacing
  3. 00:21:516 (2) - add whistle done
  4. 00:53:516 (2) - you wrongly added whistle to this slider body, making the soundeffect noisy no whistle here in the first place
  5. 01:19:516 (2) - ^ theres not even a slider nor whistle here
  6. 01:21:183 (4,5) - add whistle ok
Thanks for mod and updated.
Dromadan
Hey, i hope this can help.

Hard
00:13:321 Make a pattern with this: http://puu.sh/jEL1i/0e4b8ad4cd.jpg It feels much better!
00:15:487 http://puu.sh/jEM9H/a3a71be0f9.jpg Try this as well
00:18:154 http://puu.sh/jEMgU/2748ea0096.jpg
00:23:821 Just add a note between those two sliders

Normal
00:15:821 This feels unnatural. Remove the reverse arrow and make the slider as long as the third slider or replace the second slider with two notes.
00:41:821 I'd extend this spinner up to 00:44:487 and remove the break, adding some more notes until 00:46:487

I wish you good luck with the map :D
Topic Starter
honkers

Dromadan wrote:

Hey, i hope this can help.

Hard
00:13:321 Make a pattern with this: http://puu.sh/jEL1i/0e4b8ad4cd.jpg It feels much better! Sure
00:15:487 http://puu.sh/jEM9H/a3a71be0f9.jpg Try this as well
00:18:154 http://puu.sh/jEMgU/2748ea0096.jpg Doesn't feel good ^
00:23:821 Just add a note between those two sliders Sure

Normal
00:15:821 This feels unnatural. Remove the reverse arrow and make the slider as long as the third slider or replace the second slider with two notes. It already fits the song and flows well so no change
00:41:821 I'd extend this spinner up to 00:44:487 and remove the break, adding some more notes until 00:46:487 No change

I wish you good luck with the map :D
Thanks for the mod! Updated.
Synpoo
Hi, as requested from my queue.

[Normal]
  1. 00:07:154 (1) - I don't think having this at 5% volume this is even rankable, nonetheless it sounds really weird silent, have it at 25% like everything else (applies to hard diff)
  2. 00:14:487 and 00:15:154 - Don't skip these white ticks. Just make 00:14:154 (4,1) - these 1/2 sliders
  3. 00:15:821 (2) - Why is there a reverse here? Nothing is on the blue tick, but there's one 00:16:487 (3) -
  4. 00:17:821 - Don't skip this either
  5. 00:20:154 (1) - This 1/4 reverse I sort of understand since the guitar is slightly more audible here, but you skipped it here 00:21:321 so I suggest leaving this as a 1/2. (Some) of these 1/4 reverses you're doing should really only be used when there's a clear note like the vocals at 00:24:154 (3) - . It's just a normal diff after all, no need to map something you can barely barely hear
  6. 00:25:821 (1) - Definitely no need for a reverse here, 1/2 plays better
  7. 00:29:821 (4) - ^
  8. 00:30:821 (6) - This plays pretty bad starting on the red tick. The strong held vocal starts on the white tick (well technically the blue but... basically where this ends) so it's better to start this on that beat.
  9. 00:33:821 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This whole rhythm is really weird because you map the vocals with the starting slider, and then you map the generic background drum beat even though the vocals deserve to be highlighted here. You can fix it by deleting 2 3 or 4 and starting the following sliders on the red ticks.
  10. 00:37:821 (4,3) - Minor overlap but easily fixed by a ctrl+H on 00:39:154 (2,3,4,5,6) -
  11. 00:39:154 (2,3) - Swap these, the stronger beat where the slider should start is at 2's position
  12. 00:41:821 (1) - This spinner is a bit short and you can follow the vocal (for the most part) and end it at 00:44:487 instead, it also removes this unnecessary break
  13. 00:47:154 - You don't place any finishes from here until the end of the map unlike in your hard difficulty, please do
  14. 00:50:154 (2) - I think this is a little better as 2 notes since there's actually two syllables, and to remove this 1/2 spam in this part
  15. 01:09:821 (1,1) - These NC aren't needed
[Hard]
  1. 00:04:487 (6) - NC? You start a new one every measure for the most part, except here
  2. 00:11:154 (3) - This goes into the hit error bar, but idk if that matters
  3. 00:14:821 (1,1) - Make these 1/2 sliders like you did with 00:22:821 (2) - so you don't miss the start of the next measure
  4. 00:22:821 (2) - Add finish on end
  5. 00:43:154 (3,4,5) - Emphasis here is a bit weird, big spacing from 3->4 but then smaller from 4->5 doesn't make sense, it should be the other way around
  6. 00:43:821 (5,6,1) - Here too ^
  7. 00:44:487 (1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty hard pattern for this star rating, consider something else (mostly the 1/4 jumps between 3-4-5)
  8. 00:56:821 - Place a note here, quite a strong bass drum you miss
  9. 01:08:487 (1) - ctrl+J makes this flow a bit better
Gl, nice song.
Topic Starter
honkers

Synpoo wrote:

Hi, as requested from my queue.

[Normal]
  1. 00:07:154 (1) - I don't think having this at 5% volume this is even rankable, nonetheless it sounds really weird silent, have it at 25% like everything else (applies to hard diff) Changed to 15%
  2. 00:14:487 and 00:15:154 - Don't skip these white ticks. Just make 00:14:154 (4,1) - these 1/2 sliders Fixed
  3. 00:15:821 (2) - Why is there a reverse here? Nothing is on the blue tick, but there's one 00:16:487 (3) - Fixed
  4. 00:17:821 - Don't skip this either Fixed
  5. 00:20:154 (1) - This 1/4 reverse I sort of understand since the guitar is slightly more audible here, but you skipped it here 00:21:321 so I suggest leaving this as a 1/2. (Some) of these 1/4 reverses you're doing should really only be used when there's a clear note like the vocals at 00:24:154 (3) - . It's just a normal diff after all, no need to map something you can barely barely hear Fixed
  6. 00:25:821 (1) - Definitely no need for a reverse here, 1/2 plays better
  7. 00:29:821 (4) - ^ Didnt change this since I think the double 1/4 repetition follows better
  8. 00:30:821 (6) - This plays pretty bad starting on the red tick. The strong held vocal starts on the white tick (well technically the blue but... basically where this ends) so it's better to start this on that beat. Fixed
  9. 00:33:821 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This whole rhythm is really weird because you map the vocals with the starting slider, and then you map the generic background drum beat even though the vocals deserve to be highlighted here. You can fix it by deleting 2 3 or 4 and starting the following sliders on the red ticks. Fixed
  10. 00:37:821 (4,3) - Minor overlap but easily fixed by a ctrl+H on 00:39:154 (2,3,4,5,6) - Fixed
  11. 00:39:154 (2,3) - Swap these, the stronger beat where the slider should start is at 2's position Fixed
  12. 00:41:821 (1) - This spinner is a bit short and you can follow the vocal (for the most part) and end it at 00:44:487 instead, it also removes this unnecessary break Made 2 spinners instead
  13. 00:47:154 - You don't place any finishes from here until the end of the map unlike in your hard difficulty, please do Fixed
  14. 00:50:154 (2) - I think this is a little better as 2 notes since there's actually two syllables, and to remove this 1/2 spam in this part Fixed
  15. 01:09:821 (1,1) - These NC aren't needed Fixed
[Hard]
  1. 00:04:487 (6) - NC? You start a new one every measure for the most part, except here Fixed
  2. 00:11:154 (3) - This goes into the hit error bar, but idk if that matters Doesn't really matter as long its not offmap
  3. 00:14:821 (1,1) - Make these 1/2 sliders like you did with 00:22:821 (2) - so you don't miss the start of the next measure Fixed
  4. 00:22:821 (2) - Add finish on end Fixed
  5. 00:43:154 (3,4,5) - Emphasis here is a bit weird, big spacing from 3->4 but then smaller from 4->5 doesn't make sense, it should be the other way around Fixed
  6. 00:43:821 (5,6,1) - Here too ^ Fixed
  7. 00:44:487 (1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty hard pattern for this star rating, consider something else (mostly the 1/4 jumps between 3-4-5) For now, no change since I feel its really important to emphasize this part
  8. 00:56:821 - Place a note here, quite a strong bass drum you miss Fixed
  9. 01:08:487 (1) - ctrl+J makes this flow a bit better Did something similar
Gl, nice song.
Thanks for the great mod! :) Updated.
buhei

[ Ernasis ] wrote:

Maybe you had a old version of this map but all the points listed above are incorrect. The points that you told me to take off whistle don't even have whistle. lol.
all the points were depended on the offset 1850

maybe you changed mp3 after i downloaded it. 1821 was totally wrong yesterday when i checked it. but after i dowanloaded your map again i find 1821 is correct now. so if you did change mp3 please write it into creator's words. :o
Topic Starter
honkers

buhei wrote:

[ Ernasis ] wrote:

all the points were depended on the offset 1850

maybe you changed mp3 after i downloaded it. 1821 was totally wrong yesterday when i checked it. but after i dowanloaded your map again i find 1821 is correct now. so if you did change mp3 please write it into creator's words. :o
Aha, sorry about that, I should've stated there was a new mp3.
Speed of Snail
Hey, from my Queue.

NORMAL

General - CS 2.5 feels bulky, I'd reduce CS to 3.

General - Consider Reworking your NC's they are really irregular and without much pattern, I'd suggest forcing a NC on every full measure (Large White Tick).

00:25:821 - (1,2) These tick sliders are quite unnecessary and I'm against having so many in a Normal diff, Just make them straight sliders.

00:36:821 - (2,3) These aren't blanketed properly, You need to deepen the curve of slider 3

00:41:821 - Don't like the two spinners here. Either make it two long sliders or one longer spinner.

01:20:487 - (3) Pull this into the 2 slider to blanket it and adjust the position of slider 4 to make up for it.

HARD

General - AR 8 is a tad overkill here, I'd use AR 7.

00:08:154 - (1,2) This is a really large distance increase that comes out of nowhere, Consider revising.

00:44:487 - (6,1) ^^^^^^

00:45:154 - (3,4,5,6) This is a significant increase in speed but the mapping doesn't suggest that the speed is any different from what it was before, Completely remapping this pattern would do well for it.

That's all, the hard is in better shape than the normal is right now. It's not weak by any means but there is a fair amount of polish that could be added. Also with a song like this an Insane would definitely be practical, while not necessary I'd think you could add one or get a GD if you didn't want to make it yourself. Anyways good luck with this map set.
Rilene
OMG, forgot this request, must mod this (even nothing much to mod really)

Normal

Looks kinda crowded in this diff, maybe set CS to 3? Because slow SV plus low CS makes every map looks crowded with notes.
Well, no problem found, looks polished.

Hard

Well, you could set the CS to 4 to 5, because if SV is already slow on itself plus high CS (not 6 and beyond), it could give a feel of large playfield, I would personally recommend CS 4.5 .

00:44:487 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The diff spike of the map, if this part is removed, the star difficulty can drop by 0.2 star. 00:45:154 (3,4,5,6) - I would recommend you to do like this.

orz, nothing to suggest much, the map is well polished.
Good luck on getting ranked. :D

Going to mod your another map.
Battle
From q:

[Hard]
00:01:821 (1,2) - obligatory blanket fix
00:04:487 (1,2) - I would curve 1 downwards instead so it flows into 2
00:11:154 (3,4,5,1) - Maybe make a triangle, or a straight line, or pattern, because it's kinda just sporadic feeling
00:35:487 (4) - Curve downward for flow?
00:36:154 (1) - Kinda weird that it's kinda just there, when there's no slider art anywhere near it

The flow is kinda awkward in some places but other than that it seems fine

Hope this was helpful and stuff .3.
Spayyce
hey from my queue (i dip in and out of random ones XD)

[General]

AiMod

1. No problems here

Folder:
  • Picture
  1. Dimensions: Good
  2. Conflict with combos: Maybe it could do with a little colour on the combos as it does blend in with the bg
  3. Conflict with SB: N/A
  • Audio
  1. Bitrate: 192kbps. It's good
  2. Amplification: Fine
  3. Conflict with hitsounds: None
BPM & Offset:
  1. Fine
[Normal]

00:01:821 (1,3) - I would make these exactly parallel to fit better with the song

00:14:154 (4,1) - I would have the slider end better complimenting the head of the other slider to improve flow and readability for new players.

00:15:821 (3,4) - Move slider 4 to these co-ordinates for a better blanket (x:400 y:68)

00:20:154 (6) - NC here, your combo gets really long after this.

00:37:487 (3) - Move the anchors to these co-ordinates (^^)

1. x: 452 y:344
  2. x:472 y:308
  3. x:464 y:252
00:41:821 (1) - Extend this slider to here (00:44:487) because there is no reason to end it prematurely, then map out what's after there instead of putting another spinner.

01:11:154 (1,2) - Remove the NC you have, and put it on the slider

[Hard]

Your SV has hardly changed from the normal, I would up the ante a little.

00:06:487 (4,1) - I don't really like this for the reason of flow, your slider ends and then the other one begins in a random place with no correlation to the reverse slider.

00:11:154 (3) - This slider is unrankable since part of it goes out of the field of play

00:15:821 (2,3) - I would keep these of the same slider type for rhythm consistency

00:27:154 (6) - NC?

00:37:487 (4,5) - ^^

good luck on map c:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.