3. trap card
4. jebbs
Achromalia
7. achromatic
8. temperament
9. spatial
11. negligent
14. psychological
16. apaths (referring to someone who's "apathetic" as "empath" would to someone who's "empathetic")
vinnicci
5. sell out
17. bleb
22. nose bumps
Achromalia
6. dystopia
10. anomalies
12. naive
20. quantity
21. malevolent
vinnicci
13. raw
15. commies
19. patches of psoriasis
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I made a mistake with #2 and #3; they're supposed to be plural.

Mad lib #17

In Hispanic folklore and folk-belief of the Medieval and Early Modern periods, familiar spirits (sometimes referred to simply as "Lilies" or "Trap Cards") were believed to be supernatural entities that would assist Jebbs and cunning folk in their practice of sell out. According to the records of the time, they would appear in numerous guises, often as a dystopia, but also at times as a human or achromatic figure, and were described as clearly defined, three-dimensional... forms, vivid with temperament and spatial with movement and sound" by those alleging to have come into contact with them, unlike later descriptions of anomalies with their "smoky, negligent form[s]".

When they served witches, they were often thought to be naive, while when working for raw folk they were often thought of as psychological (although there was some ambiguity in both cases). The former were often categorised as Commies, while the latter were more commonly thought of and described as Apaths. The main purpose of lilies is to serve the witch or young witch, providing bleb for them as they come into their new space.

Since the 20th century a number of magical patches of psoriasis, including adherents of the Neopagan religion of Quantity, have begun to use the concept of lilies, due to their association with older forms of magic. These malevolent practitioners utilize nose bumps, wildlife or believe that invisible spirit versions of lilies act as confusing aids.

I'm kinda contemplating whether I should make the words more specific (e.g. concrete or abstract nouns), but I might run the risk of making it too restrictive. Idk though..
Eighteenth lib

This time...

1. Noun (Body part)
2. Noun (Family member)
3. Noun
4. Noun (Body part)
5. Verb (-ing)
6. Noun
7. Noun
8. Noun
9. Noun
10. Noun
11. Verb
12. Verb
Achromalia
3. Player
6. Owner
9. Philosopher
12. Endure
vinnicci
2. onii-chan
7. pee pee
11. hit
Achromalia
1. ACL (a pivotal ligament of the knee)
4. Jugular vein
8. Abuser
Puri_old_1
5. Smiling
10. chimichanga
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Mad lib #18

In the hospital men's room, as I'm washing my ACL, I glance in the mirror. The man I see is not so much me as my onii-chan. When did he show up? There is no soap; I rub player into my jugular vein - it burns. I nearly drown myself in the sink trying to hit it off.

My face is smiling, my shirt is wet, and the owner dispenser is empty. Waiting to dry, I endure Jane's name into the cinder-block wall with my pee-pee.

A hospital worker almost catches me, but I head him off with an abuser: "Why no owner?"

"We don't use them anymore-sustainability."

"But my jugular vein is wet."

"Try philosopher."

I do-and it catches in the stubble of my unshaven chimichanga and I look like I've been out in a philosopher snowstorm.
Nineteenth lib

This time...
1. Noun (concrete):
2. Noun (concrete):
3. Noun (name):
4. Verb:
5. Noun (concrete):
6. Noun (concrete):
7. Noun (abstract):
8. Adjective:
9. Verb (-ing):
10. Noun (abstract):
note: Concrete noun: A noun which can be associated as having a physical existence. e.g. Box, Tablet, Computer.
Abstract noun: A noun which has no physical existence. e.g. Time, Dream, Freedom.
Achromalia
1. Sock
4. Inquire
7. Shape
Volta
2. Refrigerator
5. Tomato
10. Umami
vinnicci
3. Bob
6. cocaine
8. sadistic
9. shoving
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Mad lib #19

The ship rolls and her timbers creak like a sock in a refrigerator.

"Have you considered turning apothecary ashore, Mr. Bob?"

"Not I, sir." Bob does not inquire at the pleasantry.

"I can see Bob's Patented Tomato arrayed in a row of cocaine."

"Men of shape, sir..." Bob counts out laudanum drops into a pewter beaker "...for the most part, had their consciences cut out at birth. Better a sadistic shoving than a slow death by hypocrisy, law or umami."
Twentieth lib

This time...
1. Noun (abstract):
2. Adjective:
3. Noun (concrete):
4. Noun (abstract):
5. Noun (concrete):
6. Noun (concrete):
note: Concrete noun: A noun which can be associated as having a physical existence. e.g. Box, Tablet, Computer.
Abstract noun: A noun which has no physical existence. e.g. Time, Dream, Freedom.
Achromalia
1. thought
3. quasar
6. fabric
vinnicci
2. creepy
4. forgiveness
5. girlfriend
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Made a mistake with #3, #5 and #6. They're supposed to be plurals.
Mad lib #20

How vulgar, this hankering after thought, how vain, how creepy. Composers are merely scribblers of quasars. One writes music because forgiveness is eternal and because, if one didn't, the girlfriends and fabrics would be at one's throat all the sooner.
Will come back to this after I find a new passage.
Achromalia
aru, this could use an update. seems like it's dying a little here.

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

If it's been too long, bump or provide one of your own.
I suppose I could try one sometime if nothing happens.
vinnicci
yes pls
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Twenty-first lib

This time...

1. Noun, abstract
2. Name
3. Name
4. Noun, concrete
5. Noun, concrete
6. Noun, concrete, plural
7. Noun, concrete, plural
8. Noun, concrete, body part
9. Adjective
10. Noun, concrete
11. Noun, abstract
12. Noun, abstract
13. Adjective
14. Adjective
15. Adjective
keremaru
2. Weedaboo
6. Octopi
Achromalia
1. Concept

7. Envelope

14. Reverberate
vinnicci
5. microwave
8. armpit
13. greasy
TeeArctic1
3: Elsebrith Ragnhild
9: Sporadically
12: Influence
Achromalia
4: Smoke.

10: Brain.

11: Assessment.

15: Productive.
Dialect
1. Bitch
3. Um, train?
5. Badly
6. Bitches
Achromalia

MinNin wrote:

1. Bitch
3. Um, train?
5. Badly
6. Bitches
We already filled up all the spots. oof.

Achromalia wrote:

1. Concept

TeeArctic1 wrote:

3: Elsebrith Ragnhild

vinnicci wrote:

5. microwave

keremal wrote:

6. Octopi

just waiting on aru now.
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Um, so I was setting this particular lib in the dead of night, close to dawn. As a result, I haven't had a chance to read through it and assumed that it was finished. So here's me being a fool and rectifying my mistake.

16. Noun, abstract

The following one is purely just me testing something out:

17. Idiom

TeeArctic1 wrote:

This feels more of an adverb, rather than an adjective.
Achromalia

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Um, so I was setting this particular lib in the dead of night, close to dawn. As a result, I haven't had a chance to read through it and assumed that it was finished. So here's me being a fool and rectifying my mistake.

16. Noun, abstract

17. Idiom
So these are the additions?

If so, then:

16. Thought.

17. "something to shed light on the matter."
TeeArctic1

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

16. Noun, abstract

17. Idiom

TeeArctic1 wrote:

This feels more of an adverb, rather than an adjective.

Sure uh switch it with

9: Rambunctious
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Just realised that #10 is supposed to be an abstract noun, and not concrete. Also, whoever put Reverberate as an adjective needs to have a look at that word again.
That said, I don't want to hang on to this passage anymore, so here we go:
Mad lib #21: Extract from 'Ghostwritten'

'They look so fine, and productive, and wrapped up in each other. Concept is so fresh and clean at that age. Don't you think?'

'Weedaboo! I'm surprised at you! We both know there's no such thing as concept!'

'What do you call it?'

Elsebrith Ragnhild snuffed out her smoke. That sly smile. 'Mutations of thought.'

'You're not serious.'

'I am quite serious. Look at those kids. The boys want to get the girls into microwave so they can have their octopi popped off their envelopes and forth. When a man blows his armpit you don't call it concept. Why get all rambunctious when a man blows another part of his anatomy? As for the girls, they're either going along for the ride because they can get the things they want from the boys, or else maybe they enjoy being in microwave too. Though I doubt it. I never knew an eighteen-year-old boy who didn't shed light on the matter.'

'But that's brain! You're talking about brain, not concept.'

'Brain is a hard sell. Concept is the soft sell. The assessment is the same.'

'But concept's the opposite of influence. True, greasy, concept is pure and reverberate.'

'No. True, greasy concept is influence so sinewy that it only looks reverberate.'
Twenty-second lib

This time...
1. Noun, concrete
2. Name
3. Adjective
4. Adjective
5. Noun, concrete
6. Noun, concrete
7. Noun, abstract
8. Noun, concrete
9. Verb, present tense
keremaru
1) - rocks
9) - edit: kick
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

keremal wrote:

9) - kicked
I failed to mention that it's a present tense verb, in the context of the sentence in that passage. orz
keremaru

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

keremal wrote:

9) - kicked
I failed to mention that it's a present tense verb, in the context of the sentence in that passage. orz
ah, alright. sorry.
Achromalia
Ouch. I must've been half-asleep when I wrote "reverberate". I'll try not to do that again, but the mad lib turned out pretty funny.

4. Finished.

7. Ideal.
vinnicci
3. four-dimensional
6. jelly
Achromalia
2. Ryouko

5. Concrete

8. Cement
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Mad lib #22: Extract from 'Norwegian Wood'

On Saturday nights I would sit by the rock in the lobby, waiting for Ryouko to call. Most of the others were four-dimensional, so the lobby was usually finished. I would stare at the grains of concrete suspended in that silent space, struggling to see into my own jelly. What did I want? What did others want from me? But I could never find the Ideals. Sometimes I would kick out and try to grasp the grains of concrete, but my cement touched nothing.
This was done quickly. I don't even have the next one ready yet.