forum

Kurei Soshi - WISH Kimi wo Matenakute

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reecer6
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 4:24:19 PM

Artist: Kurei Soshi
Title: WISH Kimi wo Matenakute
Source: Rhythm Tengoku
Tags: rhythm heaven silver couldn't wait for you
BPM: 102
Filesize: 4606kb
Play Time: 02:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.4 stars, 320 notes)
  2. Normal (1.72 stars, 179 notes)
  3. Turbo Tap Hard (3.68 stars, 401 notes)
Download: Kurei Soshi - WISH Kimi wo Matenakute
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is the song from Remix 5 of Rhythm Tengoku on the GBA! You might know it better as WISH Couldn't Wait for You. It's a nice song. This is the full version, not the one that plays in-game.

Someone had already mapped it, but it was 8 years ago when standards didn't exist and I believed I could make a better map. Do it justice, you know? It's my first beatmap, and as far as I know it conforms to every single qualification guideline - more than the other one, at least.
Notester82
Normal difficulty:
02:25:977 (1) - Nothing's wrong with the slider.. I was just worried since it kinda went offscreen while I was testing the map.. o_o Maybe it would be good to move it in a little?

Hard difficulty:
..I-I happened to make another version of this difficulty.. I thought some of the notes were a bit offbeat.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dag4kpmg1n3py ... D.osu?dl=0

..Nothing really to point out here..

Turbo Tap Hard difficulty:
..I-I can't do it.. ;~; Not impossible, but very challenging.. Good work..

00:56:711 (1,2,3,4) - M-maybe move these notes in a little closer? c:

These are some really good beatmaps.. :) Can't wait to see this ranked..
Topic Starter
Reecer6
Thanks for taking a look at the map!

Notester82 wrote:

Normal difficulty:
02:25:977 (1) - Nothing's wrong with the slider.. I was just worried since it kinda went offscreen while I was testing the map.. o_o Maybe it would be good to move it in a little? There really isn't much of a reason for that slider to be going off the grid so far, even if it's not much of an issue. So, I've changed it.

Hard difficulty:
..I-I happened to make another version of this difficulty.. I thought some of the notes were a bit offbeat.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dag4kpmg1n3py ... D.osu?dl=0

..Nothing really to point out here.. Did something go wrong while you were editing this? Because as the song goes along, all the hits get more and more displaced from the actual song. The only real change I noticed you made before all that happened (which made noticing the subtle differences pretty impossible) was that after that slider you moved the notes more in line with the melody, which is understandable, but I specifically put them more in line with the regular beat there because it was JUST after a spinner and I didn't want to throw the player for a loop TOO hard by giving you so little time to adjust after it.

Turbo Tap Hard difficulty:
..I-I can't do it.. ;~; Not impossible, but very challenging.. Good work..

00:56:711 (1,2,3,4) - M-maybe move these notes in a little closer? c: Oh man, I hadn't noticed before, but now that you mention it, it bugged me that the gaps between those and the sets of three right after were so different for the same time span. So, while I've moved them closer together, I've also increased the gap of the triplets.
Notester82
Heh.. No problem.. ^^

..Um, about the hard difficulty.. I can't seem to open it for some reason now but I do see what you mean about the notes and the spinner.. That would screw up someone trying for an SS or something.. XP I honestly don't know what happened with the editing, but I guess I made a few lot of mistakes.. I don't remember much, but I think I was obsessed with trying to make the notes snapped to the 1/1 beat ticks (the white marks while the song is playing) or something.. I'll try and open the beatmap at a later time to get a better idea of what you mean.. c: Other than that, I guess you can ignore the changes and use the version you had..
Zaphkael

Yo, from my queue

First of all, timing feels off, offset should be 4846

You don't have any kiai time, it's obligated in a map

breaks are not consistent throughout the song, make them consistent.

Normal
AImod is a mess. Have you used distance snap? It's obligated in a normal, and it cannot be broken. Please check AImod, click the box in the upper left corner and fix all errors.

00:23:623 (1) - that's a lot of repeat arrows in a normal, I suggest splitting this up in 2 sliders

00:28:329 (1) - ^

01:09:506 (1) - ^

Also, you have a lot of rectangular/square notes, and they look and feel static, so try to change their place a bit so they don't look static.

01:43:918 (6,1) - these objects are too close, since you skip quite some time, but I think AImod will tell you

01:47:153 (4) - place this slider a bit up

And, you have a lot of new combo's that aren't needed or that are at the wrong place. I will point out a few, and change the rest of the map according to those examples.

00:55:388 (6) - NC (means: add a new combo)

01:13:624 (4) - NC

01:13:918 (1) - remove NC

You use few sliders, and if you use them, you only use really long ones. try adding some shorter ones too since they help in keeping the map dynamic and not boring.

Also, consider renaming it to easy since the star rating indicates an easy.

Hard
Consider renaming to normal since star rating is more pointed towards normal, and the placement also doesn't make it 'hard'

00:07:741 (6) - NC

again, check AImod.

00:14:211 (1) - is there a reason to change distance snap?

00:18:623 (4) - NC, remove NC on the next note.

00:22:152 (1) - remove NC since this restores a lot of health

00:54:947 - listen to the music: you should add a note here.

01:14:505 (1,2,3,4) - you used stacks before, and they were used for fast notes, so don't stack these

01:45:094 (1) - this slider should start on the white tick before the red one you used.

01:57:741 (1) - remove NC

02:41:270 (1) - This spinner is too short for a hard (normal), and you need to leave at least 2 ticks open after the spinner for player regeneration.

02:51:564 (1) - this overlaps with the previous slider, fix it.

I won't check your last diff since I already know what it's going to be.
I do not want to kill your hopes, but what I think about this map: it uses a very aged mapping style, it's probably 2008 style. There is a reason people don't use it anymore: it's static and feels weird. I think that, before you start trying to get a song ranked, you should learn the basics of modding and try your luck there. Modding other maps gives you ideas about how to map your map, and they are also in a modern style. Try to find someone who wants to teach you the basics of it, read other mod posts, mod more and more and keep improving, and someday, I am sure that you will remap this and make it really awesome. When that day comes, call be back and I will gladly mod this again!

Good luck
~Scout
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.