forum

What Was the mania BPM again?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RTenjo
So i was messing with some buttons and pressed ctrl + or - by accident and i forgot what the original BPM was. Does anyone know what it was?
Cuppp
try 120
Drace
222.22 BPM
-Maus-
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE BPM IN MANIA, LEARN YOUR SHIT AT LAST, JESUS
Harbyter

Transformau5 wrote:

YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE BPM IN MANIA, LEARN YOUR SHIT AT LAST, JESUS
Chill dude , anyway i think you changed the offset , it should be 0
-Maus-
It's not my fault that those fucking newbies keep messing up SV changes, BPM changes, Scroll Velocity and BPM.
Shoegazer

Transformau5 wrote:

It's not my fault that those fucking newbies keep messing up SV changes, BPM changes, Scroll Velocity and BPM.
There is no harm in correcting their misconceptions of terms. There is absolutely no point in beingunacceptably condescending and brash about it.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to refind your speedmod (if you're using fixed BPM scale), the differences between one speedmod and another is really significant. Unless you're using variable BPM of course, in that case it's better to use fixed BPM instead. It should be in the options, I'm not sure where particularly though.
Gazelle
-Maus-

Shoegazer wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

There is no harm in correcting their misconceptions of terms. There is absolutely no point in beingunacceptably condescending and brash about it.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to refind your speedmod (if you're using fixed BPM scale), the differences between one speedmod and another is really significant. Unless you're using variable BPM of course, in that case it's better to use fixed BPM instead. It should be in the options, I'm not sure where particularly though.
You defend them because you're one of them, which is proven by your post about "variable BPM", I'm dying

And to y'all who really struggle trying to understand this Einstein-tier logic, here you go:
BPM- Beats Per Minute- Basically the song's beat, it cannot be changed by anybody, anyhow, you'd need to change the song overall

SV (Scroll Veolcity)/Scroll Speed- The speed at which the conveyor belt moves at mania along with the notes, it can be changed and can be set either to fixed one (independent to BPM) or variable (dependent to the BPM). Variable SV is different on every song, so basically slow songs will have slow scrolling speed while fast ones have it fast. Fixed SV stays the same regardless, so it's more accurate and comfortable to tweak with.

It's not so hard to understand, that's why failure to get it makes me go bananas
BilliumMoto

Transformau5 wrote:

You defend them because you're one of them, which is proven by your post about "variable BPM", I'm dying
check your privilege, you cis mania elitist
-Maus-
Triggered
spoonguy
Forget finding the default mania speed again because nobody knows that anymore. Do the following:

Go to options in the main menu and go to the gameplay section. There'll be an option with "Scale osu!mania scroll speed with BPM" besides it. Unmark that. (follow gazelle's screenshot)
Afterwards go to a song you think is easy (something you can full combo without having too much trouble) and set the speed to something you find comfortable enough using ctrl+ and ctrl-.
You should always try to find the most comfortable way of playing you can find instead of going for the defaults. That goes for speed, skin, and controls too.
Have fun.

In case it's a different kind of bpm you're talking about, reply to this thread again and explain the issue with more details.

Transformau5 wrote:

Whether or not his "variable BPM" is wrong doesn't change the fact that he's right about the first thing he said.
There's no reason to be a jerk to somebody new just because he doesn't know the exact terms. Just something to keep in mind in the future.
Hestia-
210 217.5 BPM
-Maus-
Since when do you need to press "ctrl" to change the scroll speed while playing
Evening
Ctrl + and Ctrl - is kinda "global" on osu, where you can use it during song select and during the first few seconds on the song itself whilst playing, both F3/F4 & Ctrl +/Ctrl - works, it just depends on your preference