forum

Do you think that every people have their limits ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Simfy
All is in the title.

To be honest, I was playing osu a lot and then I play less often because I started to tought that I can't progress more :(

When I tried to improve at something like my streaming speed or other things it worked after training(1/2 months), but now I'm starting to think that i can't stream at the speed i want(actually it means 220+ bpm). After lot of training during lot of months I don't feel like i'm improving :cry:

And you, what do you think about it :D ?
pandaBee
Yes. There is a physical limit to everything. But that doesn't mean you can't improve.
[ yogurt ]

Simfy wrote:

To be honest, I was playing osu a lot and then I play less often because I started to tought that I can't progress more
That's your limitation. You just went "duh I can't get any better anyway" and put a mental limit on yourself.
Yuudachi-kun
I don't think some people have a limit where they can't go to a certain speed, e.g, 250 bpm - I just think they don't try hard enough/correctly/give up too easily.

Sometimes I think accuracy on a certain map is impossible with high od then I see the top 50 and they all have 99%+ with HR so I know it is possible.
Deva
You want to stream 220+ after half a month lol
Try harder. Much harder. Much much much harder.
Topic Starter
Simfy

HK_ wrote:

I play since 2 year atm '-' .

It's Just that I feel like I'm not improving... And it's not like I'm giving up, I'm still training all Day but let's see.
pandaBee

Khelly wrote:

I don't think some people have a limit where they can't go to a certain speed, e.g, 250 bpm - I just think they don't try hard enough/correctly/give up too easily.

Sometimes I think accuracy on a certain map is impossible with high od then I see the top 50 and they all have 99%+ with HR so I know it is possible.
There is most certainly a physical limit. We're only human after all - though it would depend on the individual.
KanoSet
yes people have their limits.. but you aren't there yet
you still can be #1 in this game.. after long long time

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

That's your limitation. You just went "duh I can't get any better anyway" and put a mental limit on yourself.
don't over think it and have fun ^^
Yuudachi-kun

Simfy wrote:

HK_ wrote:

I play since 2 year atm '-' .

It's Just that I feel like I'm not improving... And it's not like I'm giving up, I'm still training all Day but let's see.
You have about as much playtime in 2 years as I do in 7 months - play more.

pandaBee wrote:

There is most certainly a physical limit. We're only human after all - though it would depend on the individual.
I'm not talking about 400 bpm streams or whatever, I'm talking about things like 250-270 bpm that lots of people are capable of.
Deva
Saying that you have a limit is just as bs as saying that ar11 is impossible.
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

Okay. Let me see you or anyone else properly play 400-500 bpm streams, ar 11+, circle sizes as small as a pen dot, etc. etc.
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Okay. Let me see you or anyone else properly play 400-500 bpm streams, ar 11+, circle sizes as small as a pen dot, etc. etc.
Just because I or anyone i know cant that doesnt mean its impossible. You just have to click and believe. One day someone will do it. Maybe even you.

But seriously if you spend ENOUGH time on it im pretty sure any of those 3 are possible. Its just that nobody wants to spend time on something they wont ever have to use except for maybe showing off.
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

Just because I or anyone i know cant that doesnt mean its impossible. You just have to click and believe. One day someone will do it. Maybe even you.

But seriously if you spend ENOUGH time on it im pretty sure any of those 3 are possible. Its just that nobody wants to spend time on something they wont ever have to use except for maybe showing off.
Maybe if we genetically engineered humans that were predisposed to being osu gods, then perhaps, but in this generation? Probably nope. If there are people out there that can pull off the stuff i listed, it should be very very few. Even then you could raise those numbers i provided by a little bit more and soon you'd be at a state where noone, no matter how much they practice, could ever pull off such feats.

Oh you can actually stream 500 bpm? what about 600? 700? 800? 10,000,000? etc. etc.

So yes, people have limits.

If you are even remotely familiar with reality, you'd be familiar with the law of diminishing returns. I'm certain that there are people out there that could play better than the top osu players now, given that they practice enough, but it won't be by much unless they're some kind of mutant freak human, and even then that person would have limits of their own.
Deva
Yes there is a limit for everything.

At least now nobody can say that i havent tried to boost his confidence...
Arcubin
can we stop drama before it's happen?? thanks

yes, in my opinion all people have their limit, but you can extend your limit with practice.

for now you maybe can only stream under 220BPM, but with a lot of practice you can increase your limit.

think it's like a balloon. you can blow to make it bigger. if the balloon still strong enough, you can increase it's size. but... in other case if you try to blew it over it's limit then BOOMM!! it's explode
-Kanzaki
True story
chainpullz
The true physical limits of humans are quite astonishing. Unfortunately reaching those limits usually involves a life threatening situation. Performing to that level also usually results in severe injury as well. Any sort of realistic limit is just your mental block.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

The true physical limits of humans are quite astonishing. Unfortunately reaching those limits usually involves a life threatening situation. Performing to that level also usually results in severe injury as well. Any sort of realistic limit is just your mental block.
Mental ability is defined by how well your neurons communicate with other neurons. Its also physical.
SpringVine
pandaBee
I've lost my way
otoed1
Humans have limits, but we certainly haven't reached them and I doubt we will for a long time.
Ninonuko
show more