forum

sudden realization

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sonofgeek
I was sitting on the toilet when I had this sudden realization...
What if all babies have Stockholm Syndrome.. I know it sounds weird but listen to my logic. When babies emerge from the womb they have unconditional love for their parents. Now Stockholm Syndrome is where a victim of kidnapping shows empathy and love toward the captor. Babies have been trapped in the womb for 9 months and immediately love their parents.

COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT

-sev
I feel sorry for your parents
Bweh
I don't think it's much of a love at that point.
EneT
Now all you need to realize is how much of a faggot you are.
Vuelo Eluko
they don't immediately love their parents, that's a bond that is developed over time. Many believe the most important moment for this is the beginning that's why most mothers want to be the first to hold their baby and be the first face they see.

I personally don't think it matters.
Trash Boat
You have to keep in mind that a baby is not conscious of anything until they reach a certain age.
Vuelo Eluko

Trash Boat wrote:

You have to keep in mind that a baby is not conscious of anything until they reach a certain age.
What? This is completely false.
Trash Boat
False? Do you remember what were you doing when you were 5 days old?
Vuelo Eluko
I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast. Was I not conscious for that either?
EneT
What ShitBoat was probably trying to say is that babies lack self-awareness, not conscious. Stupid little boy.
Bweh
They might not be cognitively conscious until they reach a certain age, but they're certainly aware of things like hunger and pain.
Trash Boat
What those guys said. My bad
Vuelo Eluko

EneT wrote:

What ShitBoat was probably trying to say is that babies lack self-awareness, not conscious. Stupid little boy.
You could say they are more aware than ever, the first few weeks is a very important time for them to absorb and process all the sights sounds and smells of the world around them, as well as gain basic control over their motor system. It's also when a lot of very important stimuli are developed.
EneT
I'm not talking about that kind of awareness, I'm talking about awareness of self; who they are as a person etc.
Vuelo Eluko
they aren't anyone yet though that's the thing.
Bweh

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

they aren't anyone yet though that's the thing.

Elaborate
Vuelo Eluko
well i mean like no identity, no personality no experiences to build their character on.
Bweh
And how does that tie into the previous statements?
Wojjan
here we see OP rationalising his unconditional love for his parents even though they don't love him back.
joi-
It all makes sense now! Thanks OP!
Shohei Ohtani
Shocking Truth!
Bweh

Wojjan wrote:

here we see OP rationalising his unconditional love for his parents even though they don't love him back.
wow I can't believe I missed this
Plane

Kaienyuu wrote:

I feel sorry for your parents