1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
posted

Hi everyone, I'm Nexerq (formerly known as n2468txd), and this is my first skin.

I've been working at it on and off and finally got it pretty much complete. The visual elements all should be custom, but the ~95% of the sounds are taken from elsewhere. Hope you all don't mind as they are all just generic elements that most skins use.

If theres any more customization options you want me to add, feel free to say so :)
This skin is considered 99% finished in my mind, if there really is anything do say before I chuck it into completed skins.

puush download
HD+SD .osk

mirrored download
soon™

Why don't you provide other SD/.zip/whatever downloads?
If your game bugs out with .osk or other SD or HD problems, please bug report them to reduce bugs in the game. I do not support dodgy workarounds to counter such issues

They may be fairly large!! (and some may be slightly outdated)

soon™

1. 13 July 2015 - Initial release
  2. 14 July 2015 - Changed section-pass to more appropriate picture, added spinner option & added more download options (thanks to - Auto - for suggestions :D)
  3. 11 August 2015 - Updated section-pass again to better quality picture, added target practice mod icon (using cutting edge now), added dots as hit number option and text as hit50-100 option (customizations).
posted
Nice! Looking good :)
posted
Beautiful skin! :D
posted

Legacy47 wrote:

Nice! Looking good :)

EmanuelAlcon wrote:

Beautiful skin! :D
Thank you very much guys! I may be updating this over time, I'll see :)
posted
Kinda has a Brenbread type of feel too it, very nice skin none the less~
posted
I'm not fan skins like that, but it look very nice :3
posted
nice skin dood
posted
so clean dayumm
posted
Not bad.
posted

Janga wrote:

Kinda has a Brenbread type of feel too it, very nice skin none the less~

riktoi wrote:

nice skin dood

[Garin] wrote:

so clean dayumm

Nameless wrote:

Not bad.
Thanks everybody for the support <3

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I'm not fan skins like that, but it look very nice :3
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment even if you're not such a big fan :)
posted
All I have to say about this skin is that it is amazingly clean. Great job.

However, I would suggest changing some things to make it more enjoyable to a larger user base.

First, make the skin downloadable as a .zip, as some people (including me) can't open .osk files without the game crashing.

Second, make a version of the skin with only the SD files in it, since some resolutions can and will use the HD images even though the screen is SD sized.

Third, maybe have a section-pass sound more suitable for Nagisa? This is just my opinion, but might be nice.

Fourth, adding a second spinner in the Customizations folder that has a visual indication that it is spinning. (i.e. arrows attached to the middle)

Other than what I listed here, this skin is awesome. Good luck to you for possibly updating it in the future! :)
posted
The skin is beautiful in general but the only thing i didn't like was the cursor ;_;
anyway good job there
posted

- Auto - wrote:

All I have to say about this skin is that it is amazingly clean. Great job.

However, I would suggest changing some things to make it more enjoyable to a larger user base.

First, make the skin downloadable as a .zip, as some people (including me) can't open .osk files without the game crashing.

Second, make a version of the skin with only the SD files in it, since some resolutions can and will use the HD images even though the screen is SD sized.

Third, maybe have a section-pass sound more suitable for Nagisa? This is just my opinion, but might be nice.

Fourth, adding a second spinner in the Customizations folder that has a visual indication that it is spinning. (i.e. arrows attached to the middle)

Other than what I listed here, this skin is awesome. Good luck to you for possibly updating it in the future! :)
Thanks Auto, I really thought all your comments were reasonable and I agreed with all of them. The original post has been updated, feel free to redownload and enjoy!

Cloudchaser wrote:

The skin is beautiful in general but the only thing i didn't like was the cursor ;_;
anyway good job there
Thank you! If you don't like the cursor always feel free to swap it out with something else! :D (I personally like the cursor hehe)
posted
Sucks to have "that shameless promotion" over there. Not necessary for a skin.
No one even cares of those two anyway. If you can't find it, then find it in the first screen when osu! starts...
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

Sucks to have "that shameless promotion" over there. Not necessary for a skin.
No one even cares of those two anyway. If you can't find it, then find it in the first screen when osu! starts...
Wait what? If you're talking about my social handles and name, this started off as my personal skin, and I broadcasted to twitch with it and really like them. There is the same background without it in the customizations folder if you don't like it. To be honest, I got the inspiration from HappyStick's personal skin.
posted

Nexerq wrote:

There is the same background without it in the customizations folder if you don't like it.
Then why not make that one as your default? It's not even a private skin now.
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

Nexerq wrote:

There is the same background without it in the customizations folder if you don't like it.
Then why not make that one as your default? It's not even a private skin now.
I don't know, I kinda like the look of it splashing over the background. Many others here have enjoyed the skin without any worry. It really isn't such a big deal, as people without supporter won't see it anyway, and in-game you get the beatmap's background. If you are so butthurt over it, then don't use my skin.
posted
If you're gonna shameless self promote you gotta do it right!! ( This is not intended sarcasm )
Consider adding a glow around the font ( or rather maybe the same scribble image with obvious resize and lowered opacity ) for a more appealing look? :3 The details of the background kind of make the white font hard to see.

I can't play with this skin ( just preference, right? ), but something I would suggest changing is your section pass even though she look kawaii af in that picture. The image looks quite low-quality.

( Slight NSFW Poi )
Looking cool Poi
Poi will rekt ur shit poi
give her pudding poi

^ those are just some images I pulled from my folder. I can get rid of the white background if you want to use any of them for a pass section.

again, just suggestions, but overall, the skin looks very naicu 8 q 8)b!!
posted
Oh damn is that the real SaraChopsticks in the screenshots? :^)

Nice skin man, looks neat
posted

Napkins wrote:

If you're gonna shameless self promote you gotta do it right!! ( This is not intended sarcasm )
Consider adding a glow around the font ( or rather maybe the same scribble image with obvious resize and lowered opacity ) for a more appealing look? :3 The details of the background kind of make the white font hard to see.

I can't play with this skin ( just preference, right? ), but something I would suggest changing is your section pass even though she look kawaii af in that picture. The image looks quite low-quality.

( Slight NSFW Poi )
Looking cool Poi
Poi will rekt ur shit poi
give her pudding poi

^ those are just some images I pulled from my folder. I can get rid of the white background if you want to use any of them for a pass section.

again, just suggestions, but overall, the skin looks very naicu 8 q 8)b!!
Hey, thanks so much for the photos! I couldn't find any good renders, so I had to use that. I'll be sure to update it when I get home :)

Kano wrote:

Oh damn is that the real SaraChopsticks in the screenshots? :^)

Nice skin man, looks neat
Is that the real Kano? And yeah it is the real Sara :^)
Thanks for the support as well dude :D
show more