forum

Consistence and unnecesary movements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K i R a
So I noticed this while ago but focused on speed and accuracy and now seems like I need to deal with this if I want to improve.

I usually play hovering and snap the beats but seems like I can't do a "perfect" line to the next circle NEVER, like curving it or never in the center, same for sliders, seems like i can't flow at all on the sliders, a lot of unnecesary movements, not consistent speed and that means that my scores are so random, sometimes I can FC a song and sometimes I cant even pass the song, doesnt have sense.

Pro players are a good example of what consistence and good snap is but I can't improve at that, also I'm having problems to reach the left bottom corner with my pen and that means worse aim, much worse, less consistence...

Any tips, opinion, someone that had the same problem than me and solved it in a way?
dung eater
try playing easier maps, concentrate on hitting every circle in the middle

use larger area for tablets or lower sensitivity for mice

try other ways to grab your peripheals or change the posture you are in for the better (more stabilile and comfortable)

it's okay if your muscles feel tired and hurt after changing things (posture, way you grab something etc), they'll grow stronger and you won't notice it after a long while (days, weeks, months)
KanoSet
well same here.. but i don't rly bother thinking
like if i can't pass a map that i fc'ed it once i turn off osu and go to sleep
comeback when i'm in mood for it and get 98% acc..
the point is maybe you aren't always comfortable when you are playing.. i mean no one is in a good mood 24/7
and:

jaaakb wrote:

try playing easier maps, concentrate on hitting every circle in the middle

use larger area for tablets or lower sensitivity for mice

try other ways to grab your peripheals or change the posture you are in for the better (more stabilile and comfortable)

it's okay if your muscles feel tired and hurt after changing things (posture, way you grab something etc), they'll grow stronger and you won't notice it after a long while (days, weeks, months)
pandaBee
Play more.
shortpotato

K i R a wrote:

I usually play hovering and snap the beats but seems like I can't do a "perfect" line to the next circle NEVER, like curving it or never in the center, same for sliders, seems like i can't flow at all on the sliders, a lot of unnecesary movements, not consistent speed and that means that my scores are so random, sometimes I can FC a song and sometimes I cant even pass the song, doesnt have sense.
I don't see this as a problem as long as you're actually hitting the notes

Pro players are a good example of what consistence and good snap is but I can't improve at that, also I'm having problems to reach the left bottom corner with my pen and that means worse aim, much worse, less consistence...
If you physically can't reach the corner with your hand then your area is probably too large, I would recommend making it smaller so that you can reach all the corners easily

Hope this helped!
Deva
I can do a straight line when i snap and its useless unless you play like 7* maps, dont bother with that.

As for clicking in the center, you need to play easier maps when you can consciously move cursor to the center and dont miss next note. You will simply get used to it over time and be able to play harder maps like that until you start to do it unconsciously just like pros.
deletemyaccount

shortpotato wrote:

If you physically can't reach the corner with your hand then your area is probably too large, I would recommend making it smaller so that you can reach all the corners easily

Hope this helped!
When you refer to reaching all the corners, do you mean the actual corners of the window or just the playfied? (I ask this because most people play on 16:9 widescreen aspect ratios while the actual playfield is 4:3)
shortpotato

Philantropist wrote:

When you refer to reaching all the corners, do you mean the actual corners of the window or just the playfied? (I ask this because most people play on 16:9 widescreen aspect ratios while the actual playfield is 4:3)
Haha, never really thought about it this way, but to answer your question, probably to reaching the corners of the playfield only so that the area is as large as possible without being physically straining.
Topic Starter
K i R a

shortpotato wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Haha, never really thought about it this way, but to answer your question, probably to reaching the corners of the playfield only so that the area is as large as possible without being physically straining.
This, seems to be the best option right now, as far as my pulse doesnt kill my consistence lol.

I'm playing hards instead of 5 star insanes right now, I can SS them but my consistence is more less the same... If what you say is true then playing hards and then 4 star Insanes with practice the consistence improve.

About 7* maps, I was able to do S in a lot of 5* insanes and pass some 6* but it wasnt enough for my pp, I need HR and HD and seems like my consistence makes me fail every beat in HR.
deletemyaccount

K i R a wrote:

About 7* maps, I was able to do S in a lot of 5* insanes and pass some 6* but it wasnt enough for my pp, I need HR and HD and seems like my consistence makes me fail every beat in HR.
Alright, don't really feel like saying the two most posted words in G&R (hint hint* play more), so...

Lets assume when you talk about consistency and overall ability, accuracy is the indicator of what difficulties you are able to play well.

Consistency isn't universal accross different difficulties and maps; hence why you fail every beat in HR. This isn't because you aren't consistent, it's purely because you suck at HR (no offense). If you can get SS on a map and difficulty, you may be improving your 'consistency' at that star difficulty, but it's objectively pointless in terms of improvement.

You seem to be mistakening consistency with overall skill. The reason why 'pros' are able to have consistently high accuracy and 'le snap' is because they have experience playing those difficulties.

There really is so much you can do in terms of settings, grips, playstyles,hardware, etc. Rather then looking for excuses as to why you can't play a certain map or difficulty or mod, just challenge yourself and play what you struggle with, and I guarantee you will see results (everyone improves at different rates, don't be disheartened when it seems like you're going nowhere).

In hindsight, what's the point of farming maps for rank when you can just get better at the game and 'consistently' get scores worth more than your top play currently?

Pick settings that you find comfortable (aforementioned in this thread) and...

pandaBee wrote:

Play more.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more. Play more. Play more. Play more.
The only way to get consistent is to play more and get gud mussel memory
repr1se
focus on each note individually. Using a tablet to snap is harder than mouse. Think FunOrange, his snapping is arguably the best in the game. As long as you're hitting notes and making reasonable curves, it's fine.