forum

Good ar 10.3 for starters?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bauxe
Just play songs that are 9AR with DT. There are no good starter songs.
chainpullz
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/574471
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/459939
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/529108
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/544837

These all flow really well making them a bit easier to read which is probably why the first 2 are popular farm maps.
Yuudachi-kun
Yeah, if you have 6,000pp x^ddddddddd
Bauxe

chainpullz wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/574471
Don't forget to rate this 1 star after you play it because it's fucking terrible.
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

I mean, it doesn't stop people with less than 2k for accusing players like Hvick of being bad because "all they do is farm pp" despite the fact that said people will likely never even pass some of those "farm" maps.
ZenithPhantasm
AR6 maps with HRDT
ithgyu

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I mean, it doesn't stop people with less than 2k for accusing players like Hvick of being bad because "all they do is farm pp" despite the fact that said people will likely never even pass some of those "farm" maps.
someone who just started the game can call daidai genome a pp farm map, just because you cant do it doesnt make it any less farm-able
Yuudachi-kun
It's only pp farm if you're at the skill level where you could easily and reliably fc it. Someone could have 6000pp and then fc daidai genome relatively easily for a nice, quick 300pp+ play and it'd be farm since it took little effort compared to their other scores, but then someone could have 3500pp and spend ages and lots of effort just to 95% fc it for 240 or whatever.

Best friends might be farm, but I'm not going to fc it for a very long time.
ZenithPhantasm
There's no such thing as farm maps. Only overrated maps.
Yuudachi-kun
Are these maps overrated, or does having these maps give a lot more pp lead to people practicing the skillset required to fc these maps and thus having a lot more people get the pp more easily?

I know some overrated old maps that I think give lots of pp but no one is playing them.
ithgyu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

well youre wrong
dung eater

Khelly wrote:

Are these maps overrated, or does having these maps give a lot more pp lead to people practicing the skillset required to fc these maps and thus having a lot more people get the pp more easily?

I know some overrated old maps that I think give lots of pp but no one is playing them.
current system pretty much only considers the aim part, and it's only a part of how hard something is to fc(and how hard it is to acc doesn't really have anything to do with aim), but it still uses it as the main measure of how hard it is to fc

anything that is only hard to aim will ofc be much easier to pass than something that is also hard tap, read, and has weird pattern jumps or something else not taken into account in pp calculations
GoldenWolf

II Jelli II wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

well youre wrong
He's actually right

"farm" maps are relative to your skill level, when overrated maps are not
you can't say X map is pp goldmine when it's different for everyone, some may not even pass it and others may not get a single pp from it despite DT SS
Yuudachi-kun
I consider gaging the skill level to be where your top plays are concentrated. E.g, daidai genome for 300ish pp being easy farm for people who have 30+ 300pp scores vs people whose top scores are 200pp.

And even then people with 200pp can still fc it.
ithgyu
I disagree, a farm map is a map that is typically easier to get pp out of than others that would give the same amount of pp. A map that gives 700pp can still be a farm map if it is typically significantly easier than other maps that give 700pp, even though no one has reached that point yet.

And if you say this is what an overrated map is... well they are the same fucking thing
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

I disagree, a farm map is a map that is typically easier to get pp out of than others that would give the same amount of pp. A map that gives 700pp can still be a farm map if it is typically significantly easier than other maps that give 700pp, even though no one has reached that point yet.

And if you say this is what an overrated map is... well they are the same fucking thing
But the point being that it can only be farm for you if your skill level is around the same pp range as what the map is giving, making it just a free top play.
GoldenWolf
Koigokoro is a farm map for me but not for hvick, since he would get about 0 pp from it. Yet it's also an overrated map since it gives more pp than it should compared to other maps giving the same amount of pp.

Farm map: Relative to the player
Overrated map: Not relative to the player
ithgyu
Even if we accept your definitions he's still wrong because farm maps exist, they are simply overrated maps that a person holds the required skill to farm. The way you define it just makes it more precise. I believe that farm and overrated are just synonyms in this context.
GoldenWolf
You're missing the point of relativity, and his point too, but I don't feel like you'll get it even if I try my best to explain with the most simple words I can find (which I kind of did already) so I'll just leave it as it is
Topic Starter
aeeiku
excuse me guys but i don't care about pp i just want maps that help me improve
f i z i k

jake2 wrote:

then dont play ar10.3 if you wanna improve
you're not at the level where you should play 10.3 yet, you'll just fuck up your reading
but if you wanna play it for fun then search > "frostmourne ar=9"
chainpullz

f i z i k wrote:

jake2 wrote:

then dont play ar10.3 if you wanna improve
you're not at the level where you should play 10.3 yet, you'll just fuck up your reading
but if you wanna play it for fun then search > "frostmourne ar=9"
If the end result is that you can play 10.3 it doesn't much matter if your reading is ducked up. Moreover, if playing 10.3 fucks up your reading there is a good chance your reading was fucked up to begin with.
otoed1
If I were you I wouldn't bother with 10.3 until sub 10k, you should refine your other skills before starting something like that imo. However, as others have said, just dt some ar9 maps to practice, it doesn't really matter where you start, as long as you aren't mashing.
Yuudachi-kun

otoed1 wrote:

If I were you I wouldn't bother with 10.3 until sub 10k, you should refine your other skills before starting something like that imo. However, as others have said, just dt some ar9 maps to practice, it doesn't really matter where you start, as long as you aren't mashing.
Sub 2k*
Vuelo Eluko
"Good ar 10.3 for starters?"

A thread title that is a scary reminder of the times we live in.
Yuudachi-kun

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

"Good ar 10.3 for starters?"

A thread title that is a scary reminder of the times we live in.
Everyone wants to 10.3 and yet I shudder everytime I feel I have to learn it.
Frc
Try maps that are Ar9 with low bpm like Frightmare or edit some by yourself, if the map is slower, you can learn it way better.