forum

Post Your Food!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sacorma
Made Something Tasty? Here Is Your Chance To Upload It! :P

RULES
1. Do not insult or make rude comments to someones elses food.

2. Please post YOUR food. Not someone else's.

3. If you have a friend that cooked something. Please ask their permission to
use it, and mention that your friend cooked it not you.

Please PM me if this thread becomes a stupid one. Ill shut down it immediately.
B1rd
Remember: no one's food here is ugly.
Bweh
So this is like a cooking thread? Because I'd be down to share food and talk about cooking instead of posting pictures of my cooking as if this were the IRL thread.

Unless we started talking about Finnish cuisine.
IppE

Brian OA wrote:

Unless we started talking about Finnish cuisine.
That is incredibly boring and uninteresting.

Aside from a few oddballs like mämmi.
abraker
I still have pictures of my first cooked meal. That rice dish turned out great ^.^

And I tried a dish with noodles several weeks later. Wasn't as good, but still good enough for me to wish for some more.
Topic Starter
Sacorma
We post any type of food in this thread. ;)

bump
IppE

Sacorma wrote:

We post any type of food in this thread.
Yet people didn't. Makes you think doesn't it? If anyone even cares? Surely they would post if they'd care right? Right?

Chokladboll
silmarilen
i went to prague with school once and on the first day we were supposed to eat a typical czech meal.
we ate french fries and hamburgers
Bweh

Sacorma wrote:

We post any type of food in this thread. ;)

bump
Gosh at least contribute to your own thread if you're going to bump it.

Here, let me show you

This is a bowlful of slightly seasoned white rice—a little more than a cup of it before it was cooked. I learned how to cook this because Americans cannot cook rice at all and instead seem to prefer styrofoam flakes over actual rice. I can't blame them since they look like they developed a better palate for burgers and fries rather than rice.

I opted to not cook this with a rice cooker and just used a pot since, personally, it yields better results. Cleaning's a little harder since I do not own a non-stick pot, but being able to control how the rice cooks over time gives me more freedom than a rice cooker. Rice cookers suck dick.

This was great stuff and is quite appreciated when you're a devout rice-eater in a place like the US.
abraker
Gonna go out on a limb here, Brian is an architecture student?
dung eater
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/543424

this is a map i dedicated to a tasty dish i made several months ago

sb has said dish
chaee
Why was op's post removed? Just wondering o-o
B1rd

Brian OA wrote:

I opted to not cook this with a rice cooker and just used a pot since, personally, it yields better results. Cleaning's a little harder since I do not own a non-stick pot, but being able to control how the rice cooks over time gives me more freedom than a rice cooker. Rice cookers suck dick.

This was great stuff and is quite appreciated when you're a devout rice-eater in a place like the US.
What seasoning and rice? I've cooked a fair bit of rice with a pot, these days though I'm too lazy to spend an hour making glorified carbs.

I've got a bowl of instant ramen in front of me right now.
Bweh

B1rd wrote:

What seasoning and rice? I've cooked a fair bit of rice with a pot, these days though I'm too lazy to spend an hour making glorified carbs.
Mahatma White Rice. A friend of mine gave me like 10 pounds of it before leaving for the summer. Just used a Knorr chicken bouillon cube for seasoning.
B1rd
Long grained rice? Isn't that hard to eat with chopsticks?..
err wait, nevermind.

Usually when I make rice I enjoy it with vegetables steamed in the microwave with a dash of soy sauce, and either an egg or can of tomato and onion tuna, and sometimes some natto.