forum

Mafia Under the Sea (Game Over)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nakata Yuji

Two wrote:

unvote
yeah, i should have probably counted before i put up that spoiler, you probably caught that ._.
let's keep that a secret, mm?
aRiskOfRain
on behalf of strager

NoHitter
I'm curious as why Two unvoted.
Reason please?

Also, what did Nakata post before he "removed" it.
pieguyn
I haven't posted because I haven't made up my mind yet, especially now that I can assume Nakata Yuji had an important role of sorts. Unless he was a wolf pretending to have such a role, or unless Two and Nakata Yuji are both wolves. (I didn't vote Nakata Yuji previously because I had a hunch it would be a bad idea, but eh.)

That actually seems rather likely, both Two and Nakata Yuji being wolves. o_o If they were two wolves and putting on a show to fool all of us, it would definitely make sense if Nakata Yuji went and confused all of us and then Two played Nakata Yuji off as innocent just now. On the other hand, this situation would make a lot of sense if both of them were townsfolk or of either one of them was a wolf. Now I really can't make up my mind... :?

Anyway, might as well vote Two since I'm still not sure about lynching Nakata Yuji at this point.
Mashley

pieguy1372 wrote:

Anyway, might as well vote Two since I'm still not sure about lynching Nakata Yuji at this point.
But you are sure about Two?
aRiskOfRain

NoHItter wrote:

Also, what did Nakata post before he "removed" it.
Two was the only person that saw it. Both strager and I refreshed just that little too late. I'm not sure what possible reason Two might have for keeping this information hid, other than covering for Nakata.
pieguyn
@Mashley: If we lynch Nakata Yuji and he turns out to be innocent we'll likely end up losing a very important role given how Two was acting. (Note that Two would act that way regardless of whether he is a wolf or not because if he is he'd want to avoid suspicion.) As a result lynching Two seems like a safer bet.
Two_old
The problem with your logic is that if they did indeed claim to be a valuable role, and I was a wolf, I could have not only avoided suspicion but I could have lynched that valuable role by simply doing nothing.
Wojjan
Maybe he publicly claimed wolf and gave up?
Nakata Yuji
This has taken an interesting turn of events.
I see why people are voting for Two as it is, as he's been very aggressive.
Given what I posted, even I don't know why he unvoted.
Unvote, btw.
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki
At some point I will stop being lazy and put a constantly updated votecount onto the first page. But right now I'm lazy. Activity's better now. Remember that Day 1 will end a week from tomorrow. The long list of names will remain for ease of copying and pasting because I'm a lazy mod, but I will color people with votes on them.

The Mod is Lazy Votecount

matthewtck (1) - Wojjan
pieguy1372 (0)
strager (0)
0_o (0)
DiamondCrash (0)
Mashley (0)
NoHitter (0)
Oyashiro Beatrice (0)
meronmyon (0)
Nakata Yuji (5) - NoHitter, Mashley, mernomyon, rust45, Oyashiro Beatrice
Two (2) - strager, pieguy1372

Wojjan (0)
rust45 (0)

Not Voting (5) - matthewtck, 0_o, DiamondCrash, Two, Nakata Yuji

Nakata Yuji is at L-2!
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch...
Two_old

Wojjan wrote:

Maybe he publicly claimed wolf and gave up?
troll?
NoHitter
Anyone else notice that "Jester" Nakata is gone?
Mashley
People realise Nataka is acting Jester - Nataka stops acting Jester

Cause and effect, NoHItter ;)
Two_old
Are you people paying attention at all? This is the most lonely werewolf-esque game I've ever played :(

He's been acting the same way up until he thought he was lynched. It had nothing to do with what anyone else thought.
Two_old
After looking back over this thread, I don't think you actually believed what you said. Spoilerboxed since it's a wall of text.

SPOILER

Nakata Yuji wrote:

Vote: mashley

dat fool

Mashley wrote:

I'm not a fool :(
^ being cute, relevant later if you read the rest

then,

Nakata Yuji wrote:

''Wojjan wrote:
Can't we just nolynch today? We have nothing to go on''

she wants the kill

unvote
vote:Wojjan

gogogoogog

Nakata Yuji wrote:

''Wojjan wrote:
Could you maybe, you know, read my other post?''

i just want the day to end, actually
also i would consider that a facade
so I voted for him, and was followed by nohitter and mashley; mashley's post was:

Mashley wrote:

Yeah, this is very suspicious. Nataka seems anxious to get the day over with and have someone out. Here's a PM I recieved from her:
Quote:
change your vote to wojjan or 0_o and I'll change mine to what you do

Now, if we assume that Nataka is scum, then that would make Wojjan and 0_o innocent, wouldn't it?
Unvote, Vote Nataka Yuji
In retrospect, there are several things about this post that rub me the wrong way. The first is the, by itself, innocent fact that they voted as part of a bandwagon. The next part most people will probably disagree with me on, but it's "Yeah, this is very suspicious". Stating things as fact actually is a very effective way to persuade people, as they take it in subconsciously. It's similar to how people say the person's name that they're talking to in order to gain control of a conversation. I think that it was deliberately stated that way, and this is backed up by the last bit, "Now, if we assume that Nataka is scum, then that would make Wojjan and 0_o innocent, wouldn't it?", where he tries to influence the game's perception of not only Nakata, but of Wojjan, 0_o, and himself. Making people believe that x cannot be y because x is opposite of z is extremely valuable for wolves/mafia/whatever, since it allows one of their members to go unsuspected and coast to the finish line.

Then, Mashley posted a screenshot of the pm that Nakata sent him. He had to remove it, but this is what was said in response:

Mashley wrote:

"Nakata Yuji wrote:
notice how you can't see what he sent."

What exactly are you suggesting? >_<
^ ">_<" is acting cute/innocent again

and again...:

Mashley wrote:

Want to explain how telling people about a suspicious PM you sent me is suspicious? Or are you just accusing me for the hell of it? And didn't you just admit to being scum a few posts ago? >_<
Only this time he not only tries to effect your perception with ">_<", but by stating "didn't you just admit to being scum a few posts ago?"

later he posted:

Mashley wrote:

This is confusing :( We don't even know if there is a joker
again trying to be perceived as ignorant/innocent

and finally:

Mashley wrote:

People realise Nataka is acting Jester - Nataka stops acting Jester

Cause and effect, NoHItter ;)
This is the post that made me go back and look. It's so painfully ignorant that it's on the same level as Wojjan's troll post. It's to the point where there just has to be an ulterior motive behind it. Yeah the motive could be good, but go back and find evidence in his posts that supports that, cause I couldn't find it.
so vote: Mashley
Mashley
You based an entire argument on my use of smileys? You do realise I use those all the time, right?
And the thing with 0_o and Wojjan, that was an if. If Nataka ia scum, which I reckon she probably is, then her actions would suggest Wojjan and 0_o as innocent. I'm not trying to sway anything, just considering the possibility.
Two_old

Mashley wrote:

You based an entire argument on my use of smileys? You do realise I use those all the time, right?
downplaying things is also an effective tactic, but where does your mind trickery end :( >_<?
Mashley
Because being effective makes me scum, right?
Wojjan
Mash dear I think you know enough of mafia games and the like to see that there's this certain tactic called distancing I and 0_o could be doing. If someone acts scummy and we jump on it to accuse him and lo behold it's really a mafia, then people will get townie vibes from us, while it's not certain that I'm actually town. See last game where two blatantly fell for my trickeries.
Since my vote is more or less useless with the almost-majority stck in yay-nay over Nakata, I might as well Unvote and vote at a later date. I'll put up a vote for a no lynch until I decide to drop in again, just to save me a nasty phantom vote for D2.

Oh 2, I really really think you could do better than calling people out on their use of emoticons.

:P >_<
Nakata Yuji
when exactly did i quit acting jester...?
type with proper caps = not jester?
when did one ever say that jesters can't make pseudo-insightful posts?

and 2's speech of emoticons somewhat makes sense to me, I would compare the usage of such to judging one by facial expressions
though i'm probably just going to watch how this works out.

apparently, 2 knows what I am, so you might as well confirm what i am before you label me as scum <3
Mashley
Around when it was pointed out that you were acting Jester, Nakata. I thought that was quite obvious.
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki

Wojjan wrote:

I'll put up a vote for a no lynch until I decide to drop in again, just to save me a nasty phantom vote for D2.
For the record, this game does not utilize phantom votes. If you are inactive you will be prodded. If you don't pick up your prod, I will forcibly replace you. If you are prodded repeatedly without any sign of picking up your activity beyond the bare minimum, I will forcibly replace you. If, after a significant period of time, I am unable to fill an inactive slot, that slot will be modkilled.
Nakata Yuji

Mashley wrote:

Around when it was pointed out that you were acting Jester, Nakata. I thought that was quite obvious.
It was really more or less after I had "give up".
When I was pointed out as a Jester, I responded:

secksey wrote:

*glare*
you got me.
There could be significance behind all of this.
0_o seems to have been right on the whole time, but you know.
How can you know :D
Mashley
But you said that before anyone said you might be a jester?
Wojjan
scratch that last bit then.
Nakata Yuji

Mashley wrote:

It was pointed out when strager instructed Cuddles to post that he thought that I was an obvious Jester.

I said that afterwards bro <3
Two_old
there isn't a jester in this game

you can quote me on that and rub it in my face after this game is over, if I'm wrong
Nakata Yuji
we'll just have to find out, won't we?
Mashley

Nakata Yuji wrote:

Mashley wrote:

It was pointed out when strager instructed Cuddles to post that he thought that I was an obvious Jester.

I said that afterwards bro <3
No... you didn't... Go and look back at the posts

Nakata Yuji wrote:

damn you got me.
vote for me guys.
Nakata Yuji
page 8 bud
edit: okay, i did say that before strager's post, but still, page 8
Mashley
I'm not sure I follow you... are you trying to roleclaim Jester or what?
Wojjan
Aha. There's our WIFOM.
Nakata Yuji

Wojjan wrote:

Aha. There's our WIFOM.
Two_old
unvote, vote Mashley

also can you prod these people thx:

matthewtck
pieguy1372
strager
0_o
DiamondCrash
Oyashiro Beatrice
meronmyon
rust45
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki
matthewtck has already been prodded, I will prod the rest within a couple days.
Wojjan

Two wrote:

unvote, vote Mashley
Well well. You've been very very indecisive as of late Two. You just now said there is not a jester in this game, and Nakata is playing against town, be he a townie or predator. I'm all for lynching people playing against tow, how about you?
Two_old
you've been trolling for the past 4+ posts, wojjan

for what?
Nakata Yuji
let's keep this civil guys
Wojjan
I just am a horrible person.
show more