forum

Tsunku - Lonely Storm

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cuppacker
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, October 12, 2015 at 8:13:21 AM

Artist: Tsunku
Title: Lonely Storm
Source: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Tags: English Nintendo Rhythm Heaven
BPM: 180
Filesize: 10452kb
Play Time: 02:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.14 stars, 145 notes)
  2. Normal (2.39 stars, 191 notes)
Download: Tsunku - Lonely Storm
Download: Tsunku - Lonely Storm (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap; I would like some help and someone to mod the normal difficulty.
Now offering a guest difficulty!

Edit: Background Video fixed/background image
07/11/15 Edit: heavy mods;prep for normal difficulty
07/22/15 Edit: changed ending for normal
07/25/15 Edit: Made Easy easier (1.56 star to 1.52 star). It's a start!
07/31/15 Edit: Reorganized Normal Difficulty
08/02/15 Edit: MAJOR Changes! Shout-out to Kuki for the great mod!
10/12/15 Edit: It's been a long time. After taking a break, I finally updated this. Thanks to Dilant for the mods!
DygnitarZ
Also be aware, this is my first mod but here's my 5 cents.

First off, i think BPM and offset is wrong, my proposition:
BPM:90
Offset:10850
Then adjust all circles, you got there 1/1 bit, so just adjust these circles to new bpm and you should see better rhytm.
For example 00:41:850 i prefer delete that circle and with 1/4 you can add short repeating-two times slider (exactly in 00:41:850) with lenght 1 on 1/4 bit. And you could also do it to all that moments of song.

Here's my version, just modified bpm, offset, adjusted and added that slider:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdenm9jn9rnf0 ... m.osz?dl=0

Sorry if this is stupid or sth, i just don't play easy or mapping those diffs, this is just my feeling.
Topic Starter
Cuppacker
Thank you for your help, I will be sure to change it later.
Topic Starter
Cuppacker
I tried implement your changes, it's near what you have. Thanks.
Notester82
*Is not a professional modder but sill try his best c:*

Welp. The normal difficulty was mapped pretty well.. :) Felt a little bit easy but it wasn't too hard either.. I couldn't really find anything wrong, except for a few minor things..

02:10:183 (1) - This slider felt a little disorienting at first.. If you want to leave it like that, it's totally fine, but maybe a straight line would be better..
02:20:183 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - Uuuhhhhh.. Maybe these notes could be timed to the tune of the perfect fanfare or something? ..I dunoo..
Topic Starter
Cuppacker
Thanks for modding! As soon I return to town, I will check your mods out. Do you have anything you want me to mod?
Notester82

Cuppacker wrote:

Thanks for modding! As soon I return to town, I will check your mods out. Do you have anything you want me to mod?
You're welcome.. :)

..I sorta have two maps right now but this map is the one that I'm mainly focusing on.. ^^ Thanks for volunteering to mod one of my maps..
Kuki

[General]
Make sure you make use of the ability to change the CS, AR, OD, and HP, you don't want the same for both difficulties.
00:10:849 - Start the beatmap from here perhaps?
Set BPM to 180
Set offset to 10,890

This song seems like it may have multiple timing points? Try to get someone else to help you with timing or perhaps try mapping a different song.

[Easy]
00:40:183 - Odd to have a break here where the song sounds the same as where you mapped.
00:55:850 - Same here.

[Normal]
00:18:683 (1) - This doesn't start on a beat, move it to the white tick and make it end on a white tick.
00:20:016 (2) - ^
00:20:850 (3) - This is not snapped to the white tick. Pull the end of the slider back and foward to fix it so it looks like this.
00:25:683 (5) - This is not on beat.
00:26:183 (5) - Move to 00:26:183 - and shorten to only one repeat (three beats.)

After changing BPM and offset make sure to Resnap All Notes and Recalculate Slider Lengths in the Timing tab.

Glad to see a new mapper! If you ever need advice or help be sure to message me in-game 8-)

Also check my profile for some beginner advice for modders and mappers too.
Topic Starter
Cuppacker

Kuki wrote:

[General]
Make sure you make use of the ability to change the CS, AR, OD, and HP, you don't want the same for both difficulties.
00:10:849 - Start the beatmap from here perhaps?
Set BPM to 180
Set offset to 10,890
Got it!

This song seems like it may have multiple timing points? Try to get someone else to help you with timing or perhaps try mapping a different song.

[Easy]
00:40:183 - Odd to have a break here where the song sounds the same as where you mapped.
00:55:850 - Same here.
Funny thing,really.. They both disappeared after the bpm and offset change!
[Normal]
00:18:683 (1) - This doesn't start on a beat, move it to the white tick and make it end on a white tick.
00:20:016 (2) - ^
00:20:850 (3) - This is not snapped to the white tick. Pull the end of the slider back and foward to fix it so it looks like this.
00:25:683 (5) - This is not on beat.
00:26:183 (5) - Move to 00:26:183 - and shorten to only one repeat (three beats.)
Everything fixed!

After changing BPM and offset make sure to Resnap All Notes and Recalculate Slider Lengths in the Timing tab.

Glad to see a new mapper! If you ever need advice or help be sure to message me in-game 8-)

Also check my profile for some beginner advice for modders and mappers too.
Thank you very much. It makes me feel good when someone major like you helps me map. :)
Dilant
Hello! :)
Here is my advice: (I am not very good at English :D )
  • The sound of the music is a bit low. Try to find a louder music file. Remember to recalculate the offset and resnap all the notes.
    Try to change the colour of the notes.
    Turn off 'Grid snap' and turn on 'distence snap'.
    Then reorganize all the notes. Try to use 'blanket' often to make your map nicer.
    What is 'blanket'?
    [list:1337]A slider surrounds a note.
    A slider surrounds the head or the end of a slider.
    Like this:
    I will come back when you finish doing things above. And you can PM me for help any time.
Topic Starter
Cuppacker
Thank you for your suggestions! After taking a long break from mapping, I changed the colors and reorganized the map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.