forum

[resolved] Ctrl+G in editor makes Osu freeze

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aigoh
Problem Details: In editor, pressing ctrl+G right after clicking a slider or making a sliderpoint makes Osu freeze. Only force-ending Osu in task manager works.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: N/A

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Check your RAM and CPU usage when you are editing. Are you using OpenGL on Stable? It usually has much problems, specially on the editor. If you are using it change renderer to DirectX and see if you still get this freezes. If it doesn't change anything, change release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if it works properly there.
Topic Starter
aigoh

Trosk- wrote:

Check your RAM and CPU usage when you are editing. Are you using OpenGL on Stable? It usually has much problems, specially on the editor. If you are using it change renderer to DirectX and see if you still get this freezes. If it doesn't change anything, change release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if it works properly there.
The setting was DirectX, so I changed the release stream to beta instead. Now there's no lag! But do I need to upgrade frequently? I keep upgrading, and on the bottom, the refresh button remains:
VeilStar
20150515 is kind of old... What version of the .NET Framwork do you have installed?
Topic Starter
aigoh

VeilStar wrote:

20150515 is kind of old... What version of the .NET Framwork do you have installed?
Just checked, and the framework version is 4.0.30319
I updated and now the osu version is b20150704.2beta.
abraker

Ninja Bunny wrote:

Beta updates come out every week or so. Osu! is updating and you have no lag. So issue resolved?
Topic Starter
aigoh

abraker wrote:

Ninja Bunny wrote:

Beta updates come out every week or so. Osu! is updating and you have no lag. So issue resolved?
Yes, resolved! Thanks guys :)