forum

Monster Musume Hype.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
yeah but i don't talk about hentai because that's inappropriate for a childrens forum like this.

and EneT I get that it's cool being like 14 but like this is a serious thread and if you're going to do that then honestly like
EneT
What? But I am hyped though; I liked the first episode.
Shurelia
Ayyyy, I support!
NaomiMinette
I'm aware that this is an ecchi series, but let's try to keep things safe, shall we?

Anyway, while I haven't read the manga, I was really excited when I first heard of this. I'm sure I'll like the other girls as well, but so far I really like Miia. (That may or may not be because I like lamias, but whatever.)
Green Platinum
When did introducing new characters become its own genre. It's all this show does.
NaomiMinette
I don't really mind. We already knew it was gonna be a harem animé; might as well keep going with it.
Green Platinum

Blazevoir wrote:

I don't really mind. We already knew it was gonna be a harem animé; might as well keep going with it.
It reminds me of the start of assassination classroom which moved on and introduced new characters before you could even get into their frame of mind. Personally I find this approach detestable as it seems they are just attempting to get a popular character out of circumstance rather than building one. I suspect the industry is waking up and realising fans don't actually care about this and exploiting it I am certainly noticing it more. Or I'm just excessively cynical.
NaomiMinette
They're probably doing that because there isn't even any form of story for this series.
piruchan
Just watching this for my ecchi fix. It's okay-ish, good enough for mindless time in front of the screen.

Miia is okay, Centorea is just wtf, Papi and Suu are annoying, Mero is best monster girl. I'm not even going to bother with the spider girl.
NoHitter
How could you not like Suu :(
Green Platinum

NoHitter wrote:

Just watch me
NaomiMinette
Cerea is currently my #1 (do remember that I'm only watching the animé), though Mero might change that depending on what she does later.
piruchan

NoHitter wrote:

How could you like Suu :(
NoHitter
Did they make her that annoying in the anime? In the manga, Suu is great.
Green Platinum

NoHitter wrote:

Did they make her that annoying in the anime? In the manga, Suu is great.
She's just there to be rapey
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

piruchan wrote:

Centorea is just wtf, .
If I ever am the owner of a company I will never hire you.

Anyways, it's a lot of introductions since like, that's how the manga is tbh. It's funny because they still have the literal EVERYONE IN THE ENDING VIDEO and Spiderdere to introduce.

But I'm really liking the anime so far. It's exactly what I was looking for.

btw, my ranking of the girls (Anime ranking, so no Spiderdere. For reference, she's #2 in the full list)

Centorea
Lorelei
Miia
Blank space
Suu
Blank space
Blank space
Papi
-----------------

And for the discussion above, Suu doesn't really become TOO much. She's really sort of touchy feely in her first few episodes, but for the most part she's just a big "wow wouldn't it be nice if we had a slime girl to xxx- OH HI SUU"
Green Platinum
Harem assembled just in time for nothing to happen. (I don't remember any others joining.)
NaomiMinette
I'm actually starting to like Suu more. She's been awesome lately.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING
NaomiMinette
Yep. Totally looking forward to the character CDs.
Cthru
Uhhh i really like mero but they never give her screen time..... so sad
NaomiMinette
Considering she's only interested in tragic love stories, it's not really surprising.

EDIT: So uhh... anyone got the soundtracks yet (particularly the character songs)? Just wondering if they're worth it.
aizhid
Papi is the best.

All the rest, nope, no way.
Green Platinum
Kiriya Aoi is the best, son.
Raiken-
Is it just me or whenever I watch MMNIN, I always think about "What if all of these monsters are human?"

Oh and, I think Mia is good.
NaomiMinette
I already can imagine Miia, Cerea, and (to a big extent but not quite there) Rachnera as humans, though they'd be tall to make up for losing their monster halves.

Mero and Papi are also easy enough to imagine as humans. The rest... well... either they're too hard (Suu) or I don't really care much for them (Smith's monster... force... whatever thing, one-time-only characters like in the recent episodes, etc.).

EDIT:

Crunchyroll wrote:

Coming soon, DMM, the folks behind the KanColle browser game, will allow gamers to run their own home for hosting "Interspecies Cultural Exchange Act" monster girls. The site for this spin-off to Okayado's Monster Musume manga and this season's anime has been updated with new screenshots of the game, due to be offered on Windows 8/10 IE and Chrome, along with Mac OS 10.10 Safari.
Well... shit... I can't even read a bit of Japanese...
Raiken-
Mero is adorable in my opinion, it's just... She only interested with tragic mermaid love stories. Welp.
NaomiMinette

Raiken- wrote:

Mero is adorable in my opinion, it's just... She only interested with tragic mermaid love stories. Welp.
I thought it was tragic love stories in general...
Raiken-

Blazevoir wrote:

Raiken- wrote:

I thought it was tragic love stories in general...
To be more specific: it's the "tragic love" story of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid.

Read the wiki about her here
Green Platinum
Isn't that because she is self-inserting though.
Raiken-
12th episode was ok

season 2 maybe?
NaomiMinette
Considering chuunibyou--I mean--dullahan girl wanted to stay with him and that the manga seems to continue...

Well... We'll see. (I, for one, am expecting to see a certain fox girl >.>)
DakeDekaane
^She was shown a few times, so don't get depressed if there's no 2nd season.

*hides*
NaomiMinette
You do realize who I'm talking about, right? The wanna-be mahou shoujo one?
Raiken-
I just saw darling-kun's dark past in the 12th episode

also,
2nd season hype
DakeDekaane

Blazevoir wrote:

You do realize who I'm talking about, right? The wanna-be mahou shoujo one?
I think I confused who you were talking about, whoops.
NaomiMinette

Raiken- wrote:

2nd season hype
Source? Or are you just hoping like I am? ;~;

DakeDekaane wrote:

I think I confused who you were talking about, whoops.
If you thought I was talking about the dog girl who likes to "jog" (they're actually marathons), then I've seen her when she appeared each time.
Green Platinum
Can't say I like any character in this.
Raiken-

Blazevoir wrote:

Raiken- wrote:

2nd season hype
Source? Or are you just hoping like I am? ;~;
I'm a dreamer, sorry.
Green Platinum
There will probably be a season two because the entire anime industry is built to drive me up the wall in frustration at what gets made.
show more