forum

Maps that are gamemode medleys.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Topic Starter
TheJimnebob
hmm. This seems like a good idea to me. I guess I'm one of the only ones :/.
-Maus-
This has been suggested several times.
Bara-

VeilStar wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/319714 Hmm... Maybe there'll be some better feedback this time around.
I still think it's a bad idea.
3 months is pretty recent
I still disagree xD
Topic Starter
TheJimnebob

baraatje123 wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/319714 Hmm... Maybe there'll be some better feedback this time around.
I still think it's a bad idea.
3 months is pretty recent
I still disagree xD
Why do you disagree though? This would mean people who are good at more than one mode could get on leaderboards too.
Rilene
Nice idea but... Many people aren't 4 mode players, or at least 2 mode players. :l

And another problem... Some person may play all mode, but is only good at certain modes (example: the player is good at Catch the Beat and osu!, but not Taiko and osu!mania) (this problem can varies between players)
OzzyOzrock
who cares let's add it, sounds fun
abraker
I don't see this being terribly popular. Mostly used for fun like standard's multiplayer tag coop mode.
PyaKura
Might work for casual players, but considering most players end up "specializing" in one or two specific gamemodes, I guess it wouldn't be played that much. That and the fact that very few people possess the skills to map all 4 modes (well there are always collabs, but they're not so common either).
Bara-
Yeah
Is there even an all-mode mapper, with ranked maps in all modes?
I believe not
This can thus never really happen (if you want to map to be of decent level)
Also, some people are good/decent at 2-3 modes (like me in Std/Tk/O!M) but terrible in the other (like me in ctb)
I'll never play it, cause I can't pass insane CtB maps, as opposed to the other modes

Also, how does the score work?
Std/Ctb have same type of score, Taiko and mania are both different
Still a big no from me unless all of these things are worked out
-Maus-

baraatje123 wrote:

Also, some people are good/decent at 2-3 modes (like me in Std/Tk/O!M)
In O!M you're a casual player 'till rank 3000, just saying
Rilene

baraatje123 wrote:

Yeah
Is there even an all-mode mapper, with ranked maps in all modes?
I believe not

I am 4-mode mapper, but not with ranked map.

Also, how does the score work?
Std/Ctb have same type of score, Taiko and mania are both different
Still a big no from me unless all of these things are worked out

Well, this is probably another good reason why we can't have them, unless someone finds a way.
-Maus-
The only way of letting is happen is to purify the rankings for all modes, which in turn would screw up the rankings entirely, which in turn would mean wiping the scores to avoid problems, which is not even close to being likely. So the idea is not likely to happen.
Topic Starter
TheJimnebob

Transformau5 wrote:

The only way of letting is happen is to purify the rankings for all modes, which in turn would screw up the rankings entirely, which in turn would mean wiping the scores to avoid problems, which is not even close to being likely. So the idea is not likely to happen.

I was thinking of making it have seperate leaderboard.
abraker

TheJimnebob wrote:

I was thinking of making it have separate leaderboard.
Hahaha move along, nothing to see here!
phaZ
well who said it always have to use all 4 modes? just when you imagine mapping it you must be able to choose which mod, means you may not map one certain mode..
anyway that sounds pretty fun tho i somehow doubt something like that would ever get implemented in the near future even with excessive support (like 2 -3 years at least)
D e s
Would be nice

Score is probably determined by total score of each mode

But it looks like it not friendly with mod

and more harm than reward
Elcheer
Sounds fun, could work for Tag maps so players that play different modes can play together or something like that. It'll TOTALLY work. Maybe, maybe not. Most likely not.
Topic Starter
TheJimnebob
I'm glad that this is getting better support that the last time this was requested :D
PyaKura
Better support ? How was that last time's support ? Nonexistent ? xD
Bara-
Looking at this, the feedback was bad
However, if you read that, you know it's a dupe to an other request (which is still active)
That was however requested before mania came, so it doesn't include that mode
*CLICK*
- Sugoi Sugoi -
No, Who wants to play all 4 gamemodes at once? o.O
Myxo
Be aware that the devs don't like to mix things up. If you want to play a certain song in multiple gamemodes, you can play it seperately on different gamemodes without a problem and make it to the leaderboard on both.

Also, always consider the mappers' perspectives. There are almost no mappers who can map multiple gamemodes in high quality (there are some for Taiko and Standard, but that should almost be it). Even if this feature would be accepted, there would be sooo few ranked maps of this kind. Most likely it would be made an "unranked" feature, so there wouldn't be any leaderboards anyways.
phaZ

Desperate-kun wrote:

Be aware that the devs don't like to mix things up. If you want to play a certain song in multiple gamemodes, you can play it seperately on different gamemodes without a problem and make it to the leaderboard on both.

Also, always consider the mappers' perspectives. There are almost no mappers who can map multiple gamemodes in high quality (there are some for Taiko and Standard, but that should almost be it). Even if this feature would be accepted, there would be sooo few ranked maps of this kind. Most likely it would be made an "unranked" feature, so there wouldn't be any leaderboards anyways.
before there was no mania, there were few people that could play/map it so yea~
necroing a bit...
o x
At first glance this isn't a bad idea, it would be fun and nice to play. There are a lot of negatives and things that would hold it back. This would NOT be rankable and this would be pretty difficult to implement. I was for this at the beginning but now I don't really see why you should do this. If you have 1 map that is fluctuating in difficulty from each mode it would be really hard to play. If you say "Just make a 5 star difficulty map for each mode and put it together" well difficulty is very different across all modes, standard 5 star is seemingly easier than mania/taiko/ctb (in my experience) for this reason it would be near impossible to hand out PP for the map. Also I'm not sure how you would manage changing modes in songs unless the breaks are fairly long, Mania and Taiko scroll/tracks are different and switching instantly or within a few seconds can be quite confusing.

I thought it was cool but there are quite a lot of obstacles in the way. Also the map would have to be longer than usual to compensate for all the constant breaks. Anyways good luck with this request!
FKite294
I like this idea. Interesting concept i think. The only problem I see is the ranking system with this.
Edgar_Figaro
A few problems with this idea deal with how the different game idea calculate score and a fail out condition. For instance CTB & Standard section would be the bulk of the score due to the effect of the combo multiplier while mania is always 1 million max and Taiko has no max but multiplier caps at 100x combo. Also in Taiko you can't fail out until the very end while you can fail out at any time in the other modes.

Also people like myself often change skins for different game modes making this kinda obnoxious