forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
puxtu
the mappool is so damn ridiculous
Halogen-
I don't have too many issues with this map pool as a player; the only map that I really dislike in this pool is TRIGGER*HAPPY, but it's one of my higher scores so... *shrug*

Despite the previous posts and whatnot, I think the pool itself is quite diverse in terms of mapping style.

EDIT: actually, that's a white lie, I also personally detest Violet Soul, haha
juankristal
I will just say, #blameCryo
JamesHappy
dat mappool though
Tidek

Halogen- wrote:

So, I ended up taking a screenshot of how our team was keeping scores organized and checking on everyone's progress on the maps, and a few people expressed interest in wanting something like this for their teams as well:

Anyway, I didn't want to just go ahead and release it to a few people that I knew through a common Skype chat, so for fairness' sake, I'm releasing it to everyone that is interested here.

Click here for the spreadsheet.

Go to File and Make a Copy so that the spreadsheet can be directly cloned to your account for free editing. Do not touch cells Q1/R1/S1 -- they are responsible for the data validation. Hopefully this will help in organizing things for some teams!
Hah, nice. I was doing similiar thing for group stage in my team. Unfortunately I was just using only piece of paper and pen xD
Halogen-

Tidek wrote:

Hah, nice. I was doing similiar thing for group stage in my team. Unfortunately I was just using only piece of paper and pen xD
Well, now you don't have to waste that precious ink and strain your hands! :D

In all seriousness, it is nice to see that other groups were at least trying to promote organization within their teams. It's really helpful when captains can see everything at a glance.
Todestrieb
Thanks a lot for the Template Halogen-, It's really clean. One question toh: what does "MC" stand for?
Edit: Ok I guess It means Max Combo.
Pope Gadget
lol who needs spreadsheets all you need is a skype group and to occasionally ask if everyone's alright
Todestrieb
We have done that but It's much easier to just open this, and we can easily see who have a stronger score.
-SayaKai
dat mapool lol
Kamikaze
So, are the brackets happening? I'd really like to see who we'll be facing in loser bracket next
Kamikaze
Okay, so we didn't get it, welp
Topic Starter
Loctav

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Okay, so we didn't get it, welp
let's say: due to an "inconvenient incident" from my personal side, I was unable to release the brackets by now. I will hand them in as soon as I have the option to.
Kamikaze
Understood. I actually thought about doing brackets by myself but ehh forgot to
Kamikaze
I gotta say, even tho mappools were kinda meh this round, the mappool showcased today is so good, that I'm genuinely happy that Starry and Spy are mappool selectors. Great fucking job.
Topic Starter
Loctav
http://puu.sh/jUivf/0f3857b35f.jpg aaaaa I am going to slap the designer. This is way too spacious. But have it for now. Better than nothing. But it doesnt fit on the Wiki, so yeah... *flies and does the schedule*
Tidek
Great mappool, very good job Starry.

Is it weird that I will play my own map in mwc? xD
Topic Starter
Loctav
We updated the wiki with past match results, a link to the gigantic knock out bracket, the schedule, the mappool and a mappack for it.
Shoegazer
Round of 8 mappools are generally the best, this doesn't disappoint. Pretty fond of this.
[Crz]Player
jumpstreams
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
karterfreak
EtienneXC? More like EtienneOP!
OzzyOzrock

Tasha wrote:

EtienneXC? More like EtienneOP!
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

TASHA WITH THE MAD FIRE, SPEAKING THESE FLAMES OF WISDOM
Tidek
Nice tie breaker for semi finals mappool.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Updated the wiki with everything!
[Crz]Player

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

ETienne
Arief Santosa
i think EtienneXC & Halogen- for 4K omwc
Zak
I'm so hype to see if USA can actually win the whole thing
Nwolf
SUCH INTENSITY
MUCH HYPE
THAT COMEBACK
10/10 WOULD WATCH MATCH AGAIN

TIEBREAKER HYYYYYYYYYPE
Shoegazer
I am so sorry.
Tidek
Next matches 6:0 and 7:0 for USA there is no way that any1 will win atleast 1 round against them with that mappool (legit win, no disconnections)
Halogen-
Man, that Malaysia/Philippines matchup was incredible -- was really happy to be a part of the commentating team for that. Great job to both teams.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Updated wiki. Will do the knockout bracket after sleeping. Doesnt seem like I'll get a redesign in time. Sorry for that :U
juankristal
Malaysia vs PH was amazing, wanderlust !
Nwolf
for the people that asked me to do this again

le map picking/banning statistics

Finals hype
Halogen-
Man, I hate to be this person because I normally how to keep my mouth shut and whatnot, but...

...I would rather drink bleach than play Spy's Blastix Riotz... jesus christ. This map is the epitome of what NOT to do in a high speed song. >______>
Shoegazer

Nwolf wrote:

for the people that asked me to do this again

le map picking/banning statistics

Finals hype
Made an error in the MWC 4K Picks section, NS18 has only been played three times but is listed as 4. Am fond of this though, but I would've preferred to see percentages instead.

On another note, it is pretty funny to see that my maps either had a really high banrate or is played a very good majority of the time.
Nwolf
damn I thought I fixed NS18 lol

I could make percentages, I'll see. Thanks for feedback :3
Te Amo
Waiting for this to end to start #owc hype
Zak
We don't need any of that in here
show more