forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Can't unpause (orange cursor out of bounds at 1280x1024)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nemis
Problem Details: I can't unpause due to a bug. I can't click where I should, so I'm stuck here and I must restart the play.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-

Nemis wrote:

Problem Details: I can't unpause due to a bug. I can't click where I should, so I'm stuck here and I must restart the play.

That's weird... I tried to replicate it with the same resolution, and on Fullscreen and Windowed and couldn't get it...
I think I didn't see this never :/
Topic Starter
Nemis

Trosk- wrote:

Nemis wrote:

That's weird... I tried to replicate it with the same resolution, and on Fullscreen and Windowed and couldn't get it...
I think I didn't see this never :/
I've tried to replicate it, but I can't. But this happens to me TONS of times. It happens when, after a break, the maps is restarting... If i pause there with the cursor away it bugs like this...
quaternary
If I click outside of the osu! window during breaktime (on a seperate monitor, etc) , the orange cursor spawns offscreen so I can't click it.
abraker

tuddster wrote:

If I click outside of the osu! window during breaktime (on a seperate monitor, etc) , the orange cursor spawns offscreen so I can't click it.
How do you manage to do that since the orange cursor doesn't spawn during breaktime?

Nemis wrote:

I've tried to replicate it, but I can't.
Same
Topic Starter
Nemis
Ok I found the way. If when there's a break and I don't pause, when i go somewhere else out of the osu! window (bottom right to fix audio for example), it pauses itsels and when i resume the cursor results out of screen.
yes
Trosk-

Nemis wrote:

Ok I found the way. If when there's a break and I don't pause, when i go somewhere else out of the osu! window (bottom right to fix audio for example), it pauses itsels and when i resume the cursor results out of screen.
I just did it like this and I still can't replicate this. When it pauses by itself, if I unpause, the cursor appears at the top or the botton of the screen.

So, maybe it happens randomly.

Well, just tried with your resolution (1280x1024) and it happened.

Gonna try with more resolutions.

Edit: My conclusion is that 1280x1024 is broken. Only could replicate this issue on this resolution.

Happens on all release streams, and just with 1280x1024 resolution.

VeilStar
Confirming...
quaternary

abraker wrote:

tuddster wrote:

How do you manage to do that since the orange cursor doesn't spawn during breaktime?
Click offscreen during breaktime, and wait for the break to end. When the break ends, the game pauses itself.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix not being able to unpause on 5:4 resolutions (orange cursor out of bounds). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150818.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Trosk-
Seems to be ok now.