forum

osu! psp version

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
xerious_old
hi,
i don't know if it already exist but wouldn't it be cool to make/have an psp version of osu! ,maybe in flash or homebrew eboot?
for soundsupport there are some limits (filesize / filetype) and for controls why not use d-pad and X button for timing (flash),[]/O/ /\ /X for homebrew.

grtz
xerious
GSR_old
The whole point of EBA/Ouendan/Osu is to tap along to the song. Using buttons would not only lessen the experience, but it'd be much more difficult to control.
ROMaster2
The DS is far more likely to happen (If it would) than the PSP.

I have been making some concepts for a DS version of Osu though...
Topic Starter
xerious_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
The PSP doesn't have a touch screen, and everyone who tried to make a DS version phailed due to things like sliders. Now, what about the GP2X? More juice than the PSP, bigger screen(Yes, it's a touch screen) than the DS, and it's cheap. :>
Topic Starter
xerious_old

Loginer wrote:

The PSP doesn't have a touch screen, and everyone who tried to make a DS version phailed due to things like sliders. Now, what about the GP2X? More juice than the PSP, bigger screen(Yes, it's a touch screen) than the DS, and it's cheap. :>
What do you mean by fail due to sliders???

are those so hard to make or so???

and BTW i was also talking about the taiko mod inside osu

it may change the style of osu! but the idea will be the same (hit the circle in time and try to match the beat of the song) :roll:
awp
Yes, sliders are a bitch to code on the DS and that is what's bogging people up, I think. Unless you just used slider presets, but that'd be very restrictive.

osu!'s Taiko mod would be portable to PSP of course =3
Echo
But then why don't you just make a TaikoPSP instead of osu!PSP?

Besides, Taiko already has a couple of versions for PSP, with a much larger selection of songs than TaikoDS, I might add.
Vic
Then, Why even bother.
awp
You could read .osu files =<

Actually, it'd be easier to make Taiko on PSP and write a script converter for it.
peppy
I don't see why sliders would hold people up. As long as they allow me to help, I have solid code for displaying them (obviously :P).

I would say the reason DS versions are held up if because noone has the expertise or motivation.
LuigiHann
I do remember Echo or whoever was trying before him saying that the sprite count limitations made it difficult to render sliders. So I think that's where loginer was coming from. I do agree that the real problem is the lack of overlap between "people who want Osu DS" and "People who could make Osu DS." :P
Echo
Midyear exams just finished, so if peppy doesn't have anything for me to code, may as well take another shot at it. Lancer asked me for a copy of the code, but I haven't seen around since April meeting.

Topic Starter
xerious_old

awp wrote:

You could read .osu files =<

Actually, it'd be easier to make Taiko on PSP and write a script converter for it.
that was the idea i had in my mind :idea:

and maybe (i say maybe) sony will pick it up and increases the streaming options of the psp
so it will be able to dl and convert them on the fly on the psp :roll:
awp

xerious wrote:

and maybe (i say maybe) sony will pick it up and
issue a CoD on our asses
Loginer

awp wrote:

xerious wrote:

and maybe (i say maybe) sony will pick it up and
issue a CoD on our asses

?
awp
I thought the term "CoD" had an unambiguous, straightforward definition on the subject of piracy.
Echo
Don't you mean Cease and Desist?
awp
one or the other

eh
RadioShadow
*taps PSP screen with stylus*

I think I broke it. XD
chan

awp wrote:

I thought the term "CoD" had an unambiguous, straightforward definition on the subject of piracy.
"they're a kind of... fish"
Parlour quote :D

I guessed copyright of doom.
awp
cease or die
MasterOfTheXP
Windows Mobile Pocket PC has a touchscreen!
wiicademan

MasterOfTheXP wrote:

I was asking about this a while ago. And I think peppy said it would be easy to make on a pocket pc because it uses the .net framework, or something along those lines.

I think it would lag a ton.
MasterOfTheXP
We could just start out with circles (and sliders and spinners) you tap that uses low system resources (butput in custom songs that you can edit on PC :D)
ROMaster2

wiicademan wrote:

MasterOfTheXP wrote:

I was asking about this a while ago. And I think peppy said it would be easy to make on a pocket pc because it uses the .net framework, or something along those lines.

I think it would lag a ton.
He would make it less pazazy
peppy
I'm not sure you understand the magnitude of the osu! project in general, but I am already working well over my capcity to keep up with feature requests and bug fixes for the PC counterpart. IF a portable version is to be made, it will at most be made under my supervision, where I can offer help and sample code when necessary. I personally will not have the time to work on such a project in the forseeable future.
gaph2000
.. does iPhone / iTouch come to mind? Unless the whole Mac programming thing would screw it over...
chan

gaph2000 wrote:

.. does iPhone / iTouch come to mind? Unless the whole Mac programming thing would screw it over...
Already mentioned in another thread. cbf'd finding it though. Basically, might be possible but peppy's pretty busy with osu! for pc already