forum

[Archived] Osu! Will not open on my Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
captainmilk
Problem Details:I've been having problems with Osu! on my Mac for quite some time now. Every time I try to start up Osu! it will bounce up and down at the bottom of my screen like usual ( indicating that it's opening ), but will not actually open. The Osu! updater pops up and checks for updates, however it will stop and say "An error occurred! Please check your internet connection." My internet connection are on all bars and still doesn't work the problem is confusing to me and I can't solve it. I would really appreciate some help, thanks! :)

This is part of the error I get when I press "Help" on the Updater:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: DDE failure
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at #Lj.#Bm.#Unb(Object , LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs )

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar

Rebmare wrote:

This is part of the error I get when I press "Help" on the Updater
"Help" on the updater? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Anyhow... I can't say I know much of anything regarding osu! on mac, and that error message seems to be related to wine.

While this likely isn't a good suggestion what so ever, have you tried installing osu! again (while keeping your current installation) and see if that updates fine? If so you could copy your user content (skins, songs, settings, etc) from one installation to the other by showing the package contents and copying the contents over.
Topic Starter
captainmilk
Hello, this method did work in restoring Osu! , thank you for the help :)
PantsuSnatcher
I have an error as well and I need help please. Its regarding the mac version I installed 10 minutes ago and it gave me this error:

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.
TheVileOne
That error message means that your wineskin wrapper is located on a driver you either cannot access or do not have correct permissions to access.
AGRX
double post - deleted
AGRX
double post - deleted
Trosk-

Agrrox wrote:

EDIT: I hope peppy will make intuitive installer dmg, because people dont know they have to just copy osu. Something like this:
Please... Use the edit button instead of double posting...
AGRX

Agrrox wrote:

You cant run osu on read only disk image. you have to copy osu! application to your applications folder.
To do so:
1. mount osu!.20141010.dmg
2. copy osu!.app to your Applications folder
3. Run osu
You can also try to repair disk permission using Disk Utility

EDIT: I hope peppy will make intuitive installer dmg, because people dont know they have to just copy osu. Something like this:

There is also cool tutorial how to make retina ready installer dmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqW8Fwfed0U

sry for posting that many times the same, new.ppy.sh edit button is broken atm ;D
Trosk-

Agrrox wrote:

There is also cool tutorial how to make retina ready installer dmg
Please, do not post the same again. Also, why are you putting a link with the "[youtube]" brackets?
*sigh*
Rockyiscoolman
I need help
I try to download but i still waited but i press the help but i saw the message

DDE failure

What do i do??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Death
There are solutions in this thread you should try. Please do not bump 3 year old threads, make a new one if you try everything here and nothing works.