forum

Streaming tips?

posted
Total Posts
show more
E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

But you mention yourself he only has 3/4 FCs in his top plays, so he's most definitely unable to keep up.
highly probably :^)
lacking aim and/or consistency is very painful... :?
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

Momiji wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

But you mention yourself he only has 3/4 FCs in his top plays, so he's most definitely unable to keep up.
highly probably :^)
lacking aim and/or consistency is very painful... :?

So now i have to go to hard maps and play them over and over to try and get fc?
Mahogany
Yes. Play the most challenging maps that you could see yourself FCing if you really want to improve.
pandaBee
Just keep in mind OP that it's not the FC that's important, it's the process of getting close to the FC that's important. In other words if you can't FC it yet unless it's a bad map it's probably not a bad idea to continue practicing it assuming it's not too difficult.
Mahogany
That depends though

Like if you play an easy map with a difficulty spike you always miss on

It's better to just get the FC. Builds consistency.
pandaBee

Mahoganytooth wrote:

That depends though

Like if you play an easy map with a difficulty spike you always miss on

It's better to just get the FC. Builds consistency.
No. It's the process that counts not the result.

The result only matters for pp considerations.

When it comes to practice at least.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Just keep in mind OP that it's not the FC that's important, it's the process of getting close to the FC that's important. In other words if you can't FC it yet unless it's a bad map it's probably not a bad idea to continue practicing it assuming it's not too difficult.
Pandabee is right in terms of the process, but it doesn't mean you should stop trying for the fc after "close enough".
Mahogany
But how do you define getting close

I could easily FC everything in Remote Control but the jumps where I would miss.

By your logic that's fine even though I flailed on the jumps and was not able to keep up at all because I only have a few misses

There's a world of difference between 1xmiss and FC. It's a lot harder to get a FC than 1xmiss because the FC requires your full attention and focus to not screw up at any point during the song. You need more consistency to get the FC, therefore you'll develop more consistency if you only accept the FC.

And at some point you're going to want PP so you're going to need to start retrying. Why not start now?
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

Mahoganytooth wrote:

But how do you define getting close

I could easily FC everything in Remote Control but the jumps where I would miss.

By your logic that's fine even though I flailed on the jumps and was not able to keep up at all because I only have a few misses

There's a world of difference between 1xmiss and FC. It's a lot harder to get a FC than 1xmiss because the FC requires your full attention and focus to not screw up at any point during the song. You need more consistency to get the FC, therefore you'll develop more consistency if you only accept the FC.

And at some point you're going to want PP so you're going to need to start retrying. Why not start now?
Trying to get fc on maps just makes me mad because i miss 1 not and i have to play the song over and over and over when i could be playing new maps to get better
pandaBee

Khelly wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Pandabee is right in terms of the process, but it doesn't mean you should stop trying for the fc after "close enough".
Yes, that is correct.

Trying to get fc on maps just makes me mad because i miss 1 not and i have to play the song over and over and over
You're not listening, the fc itself doesn't matter, it's practicing towards FCs that matter.
In other words don't retry maps if you miss a note, just play maps with the mindset of "i want to increase acc, reduce misses" and you'll be fine, again assuming that you aren't playing maps that are beyond you.
Mahogany

rainbowspaz wrote:

Trying to get fc on maps just makes me mad because i miss 1
Frustration is natural when you're trying to improve

rainbowspaz wrote:

i could be playing new maps to get better
Play maps you're capable of playing, not maps way out of your skill range that you mash on
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Anyway i need to sleep will play again tommorow and will try to not miss so many notes lol....

Hard to play while tired
Yuudachi-kun
Too bad if you one miss. You expect improvement to be easy?
Deva
You will get frustrated even more if you end up like me, being able to pass 5* with high acc but unable to FC anything.
Mahogany
Maybe if you played fewer DT normals you'd be able to FC more easily
Deva
Im barely playing normals at all now but i keep getting that 1 miss no matter what i play...
So no peepee for me.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Im barely playing normals at all now but i keep getting that 1 miss no matter what i play...
So no peepee for me.
Maybe if you didn't spend your time trying to fc 5* maps when you're not ready and SSing easies then you could fc some easy 4* maps for pp.
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

You will get frustrated even more if you end up like me, being able to pass 5* with high acc but unable to FC anything.
What's high acc? 80%?
Barusamikosu

rainbowspaz wrote:

The thing is i couldnt even do the slow stream on this map O.o

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/11141
Practice. You aren't guaranteed to SS the streams on the first play just because they're 130BPM.
-Makishima S-
Trying to get fc on maps just makes me mad because i miss 1 not and i have to play the song over and over and over when i could be playing new maps to get better
I still FC bunch of hards even when they don't give me pp (and play marathons). There is one reason of this - they are 800+ combo 3 min+ maps which require consistency. Focusing on both - good acc and combo is actualy a good training what realy helps later.
You are not gonna do good at higher skill cap maps when you lack consistency, it will be more painfull than funny.
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Went back to hard maps to improve my accuracy and went from #201,541 to #148,602

So i guess you guys are right :P thx for the help
Yolshka
It seems like to me that there's so much difference between FC and FC.
But i dont think it will hurt you to play some fast maps every now and then .
im playing only hard maps though since insanes are ridiculous .When i improved my accuracy on a certain map by like 1% i got +14pp rofl thats nice.