forum

Streaming tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Im think im ok at snapping for my level but when ever there is a stream in a map im fucked because i either miss them or get 50's. Its not that im not doing it fast enough its just that im just button mashing. Even when i try to stream by rhythm i still end up button mashing. Any tips? The jump from hard to insane maps is quite big :P
E m i
don't mash
Mahogany
Learn slow streams that you can do without mashing

Then keep increasing your speed as long as you're not mashing
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Learn slow streams that you can do without mashing

Then keep increasing your speed as long as you're not mashing

The thing is i couldnt even do the slow stream on this map O.o

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/11141
Mahogany
What was your problem on that map?

Here's a list of stream practice maps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

Start at the top and move your way down

Identify your exact problem and fix it
Deva
Just tf is that map?? Dont play that ever again.

And judging by your rank its still way too early for you to think about streams.
pandaBee
Start out at the slowest speed that you can stream at, and work your way down, then back up.

If at all speeds you are equally shitty, then just pick whatever feels more comfortable for you and work your way down then back up, as before.
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

HK_ wrote:

And judging by your rank its still way too early for you to think about streams.

Hard songs dont push me anymore so i play insane
Endaris
132 bpm is way too fast.
I can't even stream 132 bpm, 125 is my limit :^)
Yuudachi-kun

rainbowspaz wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Hard songs dont push me anymore so i play insane
Sure they don't.
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
I dont see the point going back and playing all my hard beatmaps to get better accuracy when i can try getting better by playing harder maps.
pandaBee

rainbowspaz wrote:

I dont see the point going back and playing all my hard beatmaps to get better accuracy when i can try getting better by playing harder maps.
Mussel memory
Endaris

rainbowspaz wrote:

I dont see the point going back and getting better when i can try playing harder maps.
ftfy
Mahogany

rainbowspaz wrote:

I just looked through your top plays and you don't even have a decent handle on hards. You're only capable of keeping up with normals.
Yuudachi-kun

rainbowspaz wrote:

Full combos man
E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

rainbowspaz wrote:

I just looked through your top plays and you don't even have a decent handle on hards. You're only capable of keeping up with normals.
keeping up =/= FCing, you can FC without properly keeping up and keep up without FCing
he does have only 3/4 FCs in his top ranks tho :^)
Mahogany

Momiji wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

keeping up =/= FCing, you can FC without properly keeping up and keep up without FCing
But you mention yourself he only has 3/4 FCs in his top plays, so he's most definitely unable to keep up.
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
I have not gone back to alot of those maps...

I could probably go back to them and try to fc now but i want to play other maps :P i tend to download alot of beatmaps play them once then forget about them
Mahogany
You're not going to progress very well if you don't FC stuff.
E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

But you mention yourself he only has 3/4 FCs in his top plays, so he's most definitely unable to keep up.
highly probably :^)
lacking aim and/or consistency is very painful... :?
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

Momiji wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

highly probably :^)
lacking aim and/or consistency is very painful... :?

So now i have to go to hard maps and play them over and over to try and get fc?
Mahogany
Yes. Play the most challenging maps that you could see yourself FCing if you really want to improve.
pandaBee
Just keep in mind OP that it's not the FC that's important, it's the process of getting close to the FC that's important. In other words if you can't FC it yet unless it's a bad map it's probably not a bad idea to continue practicing it assuming it's not too difficult.
Mahogany
That depends though

Like if you play an easy map with a difficulty spike you always miss on

It's better to just get the FC. Builds consistency.
pandaBee

Mahoganytooth wrote:

That depends though

Like if you play an easy map with a difficulty spike you always miss on

It's better to just get the FC. Builds consistency.
No. It's the process that counts not the result.

The result only matters for pp considerations.

When it comes to practice at least.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Just keep in mind OP that it's not the FC that's important, it's the process of getting close to the FC that's important. In other words if you can't FC it yet unless it's a bad map it's probably not a bad idea to continue practicing it assuming it's not too difficult.
Pandabee is right in terms of the process, but it doesn't mean you should stop trying for the fc after "close enough".
Mahogany
But how do you define getting close

I could easily FC everything in Remote Control but the jumps where I would miss.

By your logic that's fine even though I flailed on the jumps and was not able to keep up at all because I only have a few misses

There's a world of difference between 1xmiss and FC. It's a lot harder to get a FC than 1xmiss because the FC requires your full attention and focus to not screw up at any point during the song. You need more consistency to get the FC, therefore you'll develop more consistency if you only accept the FC.

And at some point you're going to want PP so you're going to need to start retrying. Why not start now?
show more