forum

Tomoyo Mitani - And then, to CODA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Boldenouy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on mardi 23 février 2016 at 16:37:18

Artist: Tomoyo Mitani
Title: And then, to CODA
Source: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Tags: sorekara coda e chiyako fukuda ost
BPM: 180
Filesize: 15481kb
Play Time: 00:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,58 stars, 65 notes)
  2. Hard (3,64 stars, 162 notes)
  3. Insane (4,64 stars, 197 notes)
  4. Normal (2,18 stars, 90 notes)
Download: Tomoyo Mitani - And then, to CODA
Download: Tomoyo Mitani - And then, to CODA (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
dogs&cats&robots
pishifat
timing is pretty screwed right now. probably want to ask someone about how to adjust that properly or try doing so yourself. kiai stuff is all really late and the ending actually has a slow down thing

easy
the main goal for this diff should be to follow the song while using the least confusing gameplay elements as possible, since its target audience is people who have never played the game before. that being, there's a lot of things here that are a bit too mlg for an easy haha
00:00:117 (1) - sliderbodies should have as clear of paths as possible. both of us know that there's a hidden corner here, but scrubs won't. basically you'll want that corner thing to always be visible on difficulties this low
00:02:116 (5) - is a similar thing. squishing the sliderbody like this is just a gameplay element beyond what's acceptable for an easy since it requires an understnading of how a slider actually works
00:03:116 (1,2,3) - same goes for stakcing objects a bunch. reading is legit impossible and scrubs just spam stacks
00:04:116 (4,6) - overlapping objects while they're both on screen at the same time is laso something that impairs reading, so you wanna avoid that lolz
00:05:450 (6,1) - so spacing on the timeline should represent spacing ingame somewhat closely. right now, it looks like you should be hitting 1 fairly soon after ending 6, but there's actually a hgue gap between them. making a huge gap between them on the playfield is the most intuitive way to show that
00:10:116 (3,4) - placing sliderends in places that look like they should be teh next object clicked is also a thing to avoid. should be clear that the head is the next object always by having it be closer to the previous object than the tail, like how you did with 00:08:116 (1,2) - yeaaaaa
00:16:450 (4) - so the vocals are higher pitches, but that doesn't really justify changing the slider velocity to this degree lol. if anything, keeping it the same would be best since changing slider velocity in the middle of a musical phrase is already confusing
00:19:116 (3) - multiple reverses on stuff like this is never gonna work. there's no time to react to the second reverse, so maximum there should be only one reverse alwayz

hard
similar to easy, there's a lot of stuff that's kind of inappropriate for the level of difficulty it's supposed to be lol
00:06:283 (1,1) - gonna need at least 1 beat between the spinner and the next object
00:01:116 (1,2) - spacing should be more representative of actual gaps between objects. so like the stuff before this was all 1/2 beats apart and all the same distance (which is good). to show that 00:01:116 (1,2) - are one whole beat apart though, you should eitehr stack them or make them visually twice as large as the 1/2 stuff like you do with 00:13:450 (5,1) - stuff
00:16:116 = again, not likign the sv change solely for vocal stuff. increasing at 00:20:116 - would make more sense since there's a new instrument introduced
kiai handles a lot of the spacing thing i pointed out pretty poorly. when mixing 1/1 and 1/2 gaps, you'll need to have spacing be more indicative of how large the gaps are. right now you've got 1/2 spaced the same as 1/1 in a lot of places, leading to megaconfusion

!!!!
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

pishifat wrote:

timing is pretty screwed right now. probably want to ask someone about how to adjust that properly or try doing so yourself. kiai stuff is all really late and the ending actually has a slow down thing

easy
the main goal for this diff should be to follow the song while using the least confusing gameplay elements as possible, since its target audience is people who have never played the game before. that being, there's a lot of things here that are a bit too mlg for an easy haha
00:00:117 (1) - sliderbodies should have as clear of paths as possible. both of us know that there's a hidden corner here, but scrubs won't. basically you'll want that corner thing to always be visible on difficulties this low
00:02:116 (5) - is a similar thing. squishing the sliderbody like this is just a gameplay element beyond what's acceptable for an easy since it requires an understnading of how a slider actually works
00:03:116 (1,2,3) - same goes for stakcing objects a bunch. reading is legit impossible and scrubs just spam stacks
00:04:116 (4,6) - overlapping objects while they're both on screen at the same time is laso something that impairs reading, so you wanna avoid that lolz
00:05:450 (6,1) - so spacing on the timeline should represent spacing ingame somewhat closely. right now, it looks like you should be hitting 1 fairly soon after ending 6, but there's actually a hgue gap between them. making a huge gap between them on the playfield is the most intuitive way to show that
00:10:116 (3,4) - placing sliderends in places that look like they should be teh next object clicked is also a thing to avoid. should be clear that the head is the next object always by having it be closer to the previous object than the tail, like how you did with 00:08:116 (1,2) - yeaaaaa
00:16:450 (4) - so the vocals are higher pitches, but that doesn't really justify changing the slider velocity to this degree lol. if anything, keeping it the same would be best since changing slider velocity in the middle of a musical phrase is already confusing
00:19:116 (3) - multiple reverses on stuff like this is never gonna work. there's no time to react to the second reverse, so maximum there should be only one reverse alwayz

hard
similar to easy, there's a lot of stuff that's kind of inappropriate for the level of difficulty it's supposed to be lol
00:06:283 (1,1) - gonna need at least 1 beat between the spinner and the next object
00:01:116 (1,2) - spacing should be more representative of actual gaps between objects. so like the stuff before this was all 1/2 beats apart and all the same distance (which is good). to show that 00:01:116 (1,2) - are one whole beat apart though, you should eitehr stack them or make them visually twice as large as the 1/2 stuff like you do with 00:13:450 (5,1) - stuff
00:16:116 = again, not likign the sv change solely for vocal stuff. increasing at 00:20:116 - would make more sense since there's a new instrument introduced
kiai handles a lot of the spacing thing i pointed out pretty poorly. when mixing 1/1 and 1/2 gaps, you'll need to have spacing be more indicative of how large the gaps are. right now you've got 1/2 spaced the same as 1/1 in a lot of places, leading to megaconfusion

!!!!
thanks for the mod!!!!!!!!!
I corrected pretty much everything you pointed out, and will apply your advice to the rest of the map when I'm not lazy.

Also I didn't get what was the issue with the timing and the kiai time. Unfortunately I'm a scrub at timing

edit: fixed the timing. I don't understand what's wrong with kiai still though
pishifat

Boldenouy wrote:

I don't understand what's wrong with kiai still though
i was referring to the timing point at the start of the kiai time being late haha
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

pishifat wrote:

Boldenouy wrote:

I don't understand what's wrong with kiai still though
i was referring to the timing point at the start of the kiai time being late haha
Oh ok, then everything's fine!
Shinenite

Helloo, from the mod queue I'm a part of! I am not very experienced with modding so don't expect much but I'll try my best haha

[General]
  1. I'm not 100% sure if this is a huge issue or not but the spread seems quite spaced, feels like there should be another difficulty between Hard and Easy because it jumps from 1.75 to 3.7 stars.
[Easy]
  1. First off, wouldn't it be better to rename this to Normal? I mean the star difficulty is already high enough for it to be a normal so yeah.
  2. Check AImod and enable Distance Snap checking, there are some places, like here 00:15:783 (2,3) - where the DS isn't consistent and Easy/Normal difficulties are required to have constant distance snap. There are some other issues it lists as well, so you should fix those.
  3. 00:13:116 (1,2,1,2,1) - This part looks a bit weird to me, maybe try doing something like this? I feel like the overlaps might be a little too confusing for new players.
  4. 00:24:450 - This could be mapped, I don't really see a reason for not putting a repeating slider or a few circles in that little blank part!
  5. 00:42:423 (1) - I'm not sure if from here on onwards the slider multiplier change is that good because it's an Easy/Normal, it fits the song yeah, but I just don't think slider multiplier changes are good in easier diffs in general. Honestly this little note is a bit nazi so you can ignore it if you wish :P
  6. 00:52:434 - This section is pretty long without a single note, I think inserting a break would be an ok thing to do.
[Hard]
  1. According to AImod there are tag conflicts with this difficulty, so you should fix that.
  2. 00:06:283 (1) - This spinner is a bit too short for a Hard imo, maybe replace it with a slider?
  3. 00:11:616 (4,5,6) - The jump in the distance here seems a bit big to me, maybe have it be 1.8x instead of 2x
  4. 00:12:116 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again with the overlaps, hmm, I mean this is a Hard difficulty so it's not that much of a problem but it looks a bit awkward. But honestly I tried playing it and it flows alright, I might just not like the overlaps much heh, again, if you want to keep it, keep it.
  5. 00:24:450 - Blank space that could be mapped again... I suppose if you really want you can keep it unmapped but I feel like it'd be a bit better if it were mapped.
  6. 00:30:756 (4,5) - Again the little jump distance here seems a little high, decrease it a little maybe.
  7. 00:39:256 (1) - This slider could be curved a bit upwards
[Insane]
  1. 00:01:450 (2,3) - These two sliders could be a little more apart I think, kinda like this
  2. 00:05:783 (5) - This slider seems kind of redundant to me, you could just remove it and extend 00:05:283 (4) - to 00:05:783 - and remove the 5 slider
  3. 00:13:950 (5,1) - These two could be a bit spaced out as well
  4. 00:22:783 (9) - Seems useless as well, just extend the slider before it as a replacement.
  5. 00:54:185 (6,1) - this stream transition seems a bit weird to me, it looks like there is a break between them but there actually isn't? Same here - 00:54:935 (6,1) -
Good luck with the map! :D Hopefully my mod was useful to you.
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

Shinenite wrote:

Helloo, from the mod queue I'm a part of! I am not very experienced with modding so don't expect much but I'll try my best haha

[General]
  1. I'm not 100% sure if this is a huge issue or not but the spread seems quite spaced, feels like there should be another difficulty between Hard and Easy because it jumps from 1.75 to 3.7 stars.
Yeah I know I got a bit lazy, I'll do one eventually if needed.

[Easy]
  1. First off, wouldn't it be better to rename this to Normal? I mean the star difficulty is already high enough for it to be a normal so yeah.
  2. Check AImod and enable Distance Snap checking, there are some places, like here 00:15:783 (2,3) - where the DS isn't consistent and Easy/Normal difficulties are required to have constant distance snap. There are some other issues it lists as well, so you should fix those. fixed
  3. 00:13:116 (1,2,1,2,1) - This part looks a bit weird to me, maybe try doing something like this? I feel like the overlaps might be a little too confusing for new players. moved
  4. 00:24:450 - This could be mapped, I don't really see a reason for not putting a repeating slider or a few circles in that little blank part! I don't know. It looks ok to me
  5. 00:42:423 (1) - I'm not sure if from here on onwards the slider multiplier change is that good because it's an Easy/Normal, it fits the song yeah, but I just don't think slider multiplier changes are good in easier diffs in general. Honestly this little note is a bit nazi so you can ignore it if you wish :P
  6. 00:52:434 - This section is pretty long without a single note, I think inserting a break would be an ok thing to do. added
[Hard]
  1. According to AImod there are tag conflicts with this difficulty, so you should fix that. fixed
  2. 00:06:283 (1) - This spinner is a bit too short for a Hard imo, maybe replace it with a slider? I deleted it.
  3. 00:11:616 (4,5,6) - The jump in the distance here seems a bit big to me, maybe have it be 1.8x instead of 2x changed
  4. 00:12:116 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again with the overlaps, hmm, I mean this is a Hard difficulty so it's not that much of a problem but it looks a bit awkward. But honestly I tried playing it and it flows alright, I might just not like the overlaps much heh, again, if you want to keep it, keep it. I'll keep it like that then
  5. 00:24:450 - Blank space that could be mapped again... I suppose if you really want you can keep it unmapped but I feel like it'd be a bit better if it were mapped.Same. I don't really feel like mapping it.
  6. 00:30:756 (4,5) - Again the little jump distance here seems a little high, decrease it a little maybe. done
  7. 00:39:256 (1) - This slider could be curved a bit upwards
I made both sliders blankets.

[Insane]
  1. 00:01:450 (2,3) - These two sliders could be a little more apart I think, kinda like this moved
  2. 00:05:783 (5) - This slider seems kind of redundant to me, you could just remove it and extend 00:05:283 (4) - to 00:05:783 - and remove the 5 slider I don't agree here. Even though in the editor it looks the same, I think that the beat is strong enough to justify a hitcircle.
  3. 00:13:950 (5,1) - These two could be a bit spaced out as well moved
  4. 00:22:783 (9) - Seems useless as well, just extend the slider before it as a replacement.same as above
  5. 00:54:185 (6,1) - this stream transition seems a bit weird to me, it looks like there is a break between them but there actually isn't? Same here - 00:54:935 (6,1) - I think that the song justifies the discontinuous stream here.
Good luck with the map! :D Hopefully my mod was useful to you.
Thanks for the mod! :)
Zarthbenn
Hello! From my modding queue~

I found a much higher quality bg for you to use if you would like https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/p0Z8mbq.jpg

Easy
  1. Ai mod lists snapping error and ds error here 00:15:783 (2,3) - 00:16:450 (4,5) - and 00:32:256 (4,5) -
  2. 00:19:116 (3) - Move slider end to x 192 y 256 so its parallel with other slider, might also want to adjust the placement so its more in line (under) with circle 2
  3. 00:24:283 (1) - I agree with above modder, mapping this part would be a good idea
  4. 00:43:423 (2) - Blanket 3 under 2 it should look better
Hard
  1. 00:01:116 (1,2) - You should move these two under slider 4 to blanket it, currently it is way too close together
  2. 00:11:783 (5,6) - Kind of jarring having this spacing when the rest of the combo is a completely different ds
  3. 00:12:450 (2,3) - Bad overlap, maybe ctr-g 3 and move 4 and 5 with it
  4. 00:17:450 (5) - Move it a little bit so it does not touch slider 2
  5. 00:42:423 (1,2) - Blanket these 2 better
  6. 00:55:809 (2) - NC?
Insane
  1. 00:09:450 (3) - I recommend moving this to x 424 y 320 and move 00:09:616 (4) - to x 338 y 203 then curving slider 5 the other way. Might look better and play better
  2. 00:13:616 (4) - This slider touching the circles looks kinda bad, maybe move 2 more to the left or have the slider start farther out.
  3. 00:42:423 (1,2) - I recommend blanketing 1 into 2 somehow, slider 1 isn't that interesting
  4. 00:46:756 (5) - Same here, you could curve it around to look better
Nice song, mapset has potential. GL on rank.
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

Zarthbenn wrote:

Hello! From my modding queue~

I found a much higher quality bg for you to use if you would like https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/p0Z8mbq.jpg thanks!

Easy
  1. Ai mod lists snapping error and ds error here 00:15:783 (2,3) - 00:16:450 (4,5) - and 00:32:256 (4,5) - I know but I had to to avoid overlaps
  2. 00:19:116 (3) - Move slider end to x 192 y 256 so its parallel with other slider, might also want to adjust the placement so its more in line (under) with circle 2 fixed
  3. 00:24:283 (1) - I agree with above modder, mapping this part would be a good idea Ok, I'll find a proper way to do this then.
  4. 00:43:423 (2) - Blanket 3 under 2 it should look better done
Hard
  1. 00:01:116 (1,2) - You should move these two under slider 4 to blanket it, currently it is way too close together done
  2. 00:11:783 (5,6) - Kind of jarring having this spacing when the rest of the combo is a completely different ds moved
  3. 00:12:450 (2,3) - Bad overlap, maybe ctr-g 3 and move 4 and 5 with it Mmmh, I don't really know, I'll try to find something.
  4. 00:17:450 (5) - Move it a little bit so it does not touch slider 2 done
  5. 00:42:423 (1,2) - Blanket these 2 betterI wasn't even trying to blanket but I've done it anyway
  6. 00:55:809 (2) - NC?ok
Insane
  1. 00:09:450 (3) - I recommend moving this to x 424 y 320 and move 00:09:616 (4) - to x 338 y 203 then curving slider 5 the other way. Might look better and play better yeah that's right
  2. 00:13:616 (4) - This slider touching the circles looks kinda bad, maybe move 2 more to the left or have the slider start farther out. changed
  3. 00:42:423 (1,2) - I recommend blanketing 1 into 2 somehow, slider 1 isn't that interesting
  4. 00:46:756 (5) - Same here, you could curve it around to look better So I've blanketed both sliders. I made an overlap but I don't if it's ok.
Nice song, mapset has potential. GL on rank.
Thanks for the mod! :D
Byza
from #modreqs

This is not even a mod :P, but in Insane, I found those 2 strange timing issues, that may be just me :P I noticed them while playing lol.

00:29:173 (9) - When I played it, sounded overmapped. It's not really overmapped, but its unnatural, or I am bad (I am)
00:44:423 (3,4) - I spent like 20 minutes trying to come up with a solution. It just doesn't sound right. But the "last hit" of (3) and the hitsound of (4) feel out of place.

Great map, has a lot of potential. GL on rank
My singletapping thanks you, lol.
Electoz
Hi Dragonair, from my modding queue~ Sorry in advance if my English screws up.

[General]

1. Why there are 2 .jpg files in the song folder? You use only one, yes?
  2. How about using your own hitsounds instead of default ones?
  3. Enable countdown for this song? I wouldn't recommend that.
  4. "Widescreen Support" didn't checked in Insane while other diffs had it checked, make sure to make every diffs all the same.
[Easy]

1. I won't mod it now, probably later. Because DS is inconsistent.
  2. Here, let me give you some tips.
    1. DS is more important than overlaps imo. Because if you have DS issues, there's literally less than 5% chance of getting ranked. If you don't want overlaps, then increase DS, that's it. (Remap might needed sometimes)
    2. When you're using DS in the editor, you most rely on AImod check, but AImod [b]will not detect any distance error from any last circle before a new combo, even if AImod reports nothing, that could be a huge problem there.
    3. And how to fix this? There are 2 ways of fixing this.
      1. First method, you just check on every objects manually, see here > http://puu.sh/lPTTv/8c8e31cf10.JPG You will see that there were "prev" and "next", they're representing the distance from "previous object" and "next object". Make sure both of them has less than 0.1 difference.
      2. Second method, you can remove all of your NCs and just have AImod check it. Here's when you not removing NC > http://puu.sh/lPTZB/7966275d60.jpg And here's when NCs are all removed > http://puu.sh/lPU1N/b68b68cdfc.jpg You will see that the latter case AImod will report more distance errors.
      3. Either method is fine, just make sure to fix them all!
  3. Take your chance now to increase more DS so problems with overlaps will be less(or none) from now on.
  4. If you're done with this, you can catch me in the game later and I'll mod Easy for you.
[Hard]

1. 00:02:116 (1,3) - Try not to overlap here, just a little.
  2. 00:12:450 (2,3,4) - I would recommend you to change this to some more creative patterns because those overlaps aren't looking too good.
  3. 00:17:950 (1,2) - lol the spacing is too big here.
  4. 00:19:783 (3) - Bad overlap, I'd move it to stack with a slider in that area, you might have to move the whole pattern too if it's needed.
  5. 00:21:116 (1,4) - I would prefer if these were stacked.
  6. 00:22:783 (2,3,4,5,6) - Don't know if it's just me, but I find it very hard to play here because the flow is so weird.
  7. 00:28:506 (2) - I wouldn't do a kickslider here, try changing it into sth else.
  8. 00:43:423 (2,3) - Symmetry here could be improved.
  9. There are pretty good sliderarts here in the song, but overall this diff needs a lot of work from now on.
Actually I didn't do anything much, just skim through hard a bit, if you fix all of these errors you can call me later for a remod if you interested.
All rigtht, good luck~
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

Byza wrote:

from #modreqs

This is not even a mod :P, but in Insane, I found those 2 strange timing issues, that may be just me :P I noticed them while playing lol.

00:29:173 (9) - When I played it, sounded overmapped. It's not really overmapped, but its unnatural, or I am bad (I am)
00:44:423 (3,4) - I spent like 20 minutes trying to come up with a solution. It just doesn't sound right. But the "last hit" of (3) and the hitsound of (4) feel out of place.

Great map, has a lot of potential. GL on rank
My singletapping thanks you, lol.
Thanks for your review. I'll see what I can do with those. ;)

Electoz wrote:

Hi Dragonair, from my modding queue~ Sorry in advance if my English screws up.

[General]

1. Why there are 2 .jpg files in the song folder? You use only one, yes? I only have one
  2. How about using your own hitsounds instead of default ones? nah
  3. Enable countdown for this song? I wouldn't recommend that.It doesn't activate but I disabled it anyway.
  4. "Widescreen Support" didn't checked in Insane while other diffs had it checked, make sure to make every diffs all the same. fixed
[Easy]

1. I won't mod it now, probably later. Because DS is inconsistent.
  2. Here, let me give you some tips. fixed (or mostly at least)
    1. DS is more important than overlaps imo. Because if you have DS issues, there's literally less than 5% chance of getting ranked. If you don't want overlaps, then increase DS, that's it. (Remap might needed sometimes)
    2. When you're using DS in the editor, you most rely on AImod check, but AImod [b]will not detect any distance error from any last circle before a new combo, even if AImod reports nothing, that could be a huge problem there.
    3. And how to fix this? There are 2 ways of fixing this.
      1. First method, you just check on every objects manually, see here > http://puu.sh/lPTTv/8c8e31cf10.JPG You will see that there were "prev" and "next", they're representing the distance from "previous object" and "next object". Make sure both of them has less than 0.1 difference.
      2. Second method, you can remove all of your NCs and just have AImod check it. Here's when you not removing NC > http://puu.sh/lPTZB/7966275d60.jpg And here's when NCs are all removed > http://puu.sh/lPU1N/b68b68cdfc.jpg You will see that the latter case AImod will report more distance errors.
      3. Either method is fine, just make sure to fix them all!
  3. Take your chance now to increase more DS so problems with overlaps will be less(or none) from now on.
  4. If you're done with this, you can catch me in the game later and I'll mod Easy for you.
[Hard]

1. 00:02:116 (1,3) - Try not to overlap here, just a little.fixed
  2. 00:12:450 (2,3,4) - I would recommend you to change this to some more creative patterns because those overlaps aren't looking too good. changed
  3. 00:17:950 (1,2) - lol the spacing is too big here. fixed
  4. 00:19:783 (3) - Bad overlap, I'd move it to stack with a slider in that area, you might have to move the whole pattern too if it's needed. changed
  5. 00:21:116 (1,4) - I would prefer if these were stacked. ok
  6. 00:22:783 (2,3,4,5,6) - Don't know if it's just me, but I find it very hard to play here because the flow is so weird.changed
  7. 00:28:506 (2) - I wouldn't do a kickslider here, try changing it into sth else.changed
  8. 00:43:423 (2,3) - Symmetry here could be improved. modified
  9. There are pretty good sliderarts here in the song, but overall this diff needs a lot of work from now on.
Actually I didn't do anything much, just skim through hard a bit, if you fix all of these errors you can call me later for a remod if you interested.
All rigtht, good luck~
Thanks for the mod! :D
Topic Starter
Boldenouy
I remapped the easy. :D
Heart Attack
Hi from my modding queue!

Easy
00:03:116 - In Easy I would NC every second downbeat so remove the one here and put it here 00:04:116 (4) -
same here Remove NC 00:13:116 (1) -
00:15:116 (1) - remove NC
00:15:783 (2) - Add NC
I guess you are going for visuals but please, this is too much 00:41:256 (1,1) - and it will totally confuse a new player (usually newbies play ez)
REMOVE the NC from both 00:41:256 (1,1) -

the patterns are really nice, I like it!

You have an ez make a normal too or ask someone to GD

Hard
00:04:450 (2,3,4) - dem jumps tho, make this easier
00:24:450 (1,2,3,4) - I get the point that this is a part of your style, but I don't think these patterns are appropriate, they feel a little awkward.
00:51:497 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - the best decision here is to start with some slider after the bpm change because 95% of the players will start hitting 100s

Insane
00:02:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This stream shouldn't be here
00:21:116 (4) - 00:22:116 (8) - NCs
00:28:506 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Shouldn't be here
00:51:496 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as I mentioned in the hard this is unrankable make some sliders also the end 1/3 are going to be an accuracy killer right at the end.

I like this one, it just needs more work
gl with it
Chibi Maruko
Hai! From Modding queueue

I can't mod easy diff

[Hard]
  • 00:14:116 (2) - NC
    00:29:256 (7) - ^
    00:32:256 (6) - ^
    00:33:923 - Add circle
[Insane]
  • 00:08:783 (5) - You should NC
    00:22:116 (8) - ^
    00:29:173 (9) - Remove this note
    00:33:923 - Add circle/note
    00:55:809 (7) - NC
Ok, bai
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

Heart Attack wrote:

Hi from my modding queue!

Easy
00:03:116 - In Easy I would NC every second downbeat so remove the one here and put it here 00:04:116 (4) -
same here Remove NC 00:13:116 (1) - done
00:15:116 (1) - remove NC done
00:15:783 (2) - Add NC done
I guess you are going for visuals but please, this is too much 00:41:256 (1,1) - and it will totally confuse a new player (usually newbies play ez)
REMOVE the NC from both 00:41:256 (1,1) - changed

the patterns are really nice, I like it!

You have an ez make a normal too or ask someone to GD yeah I know, I started already

Hard
00:04:450 (2,3,4) - dem jumps tho, make this easierchanged
00:24:450 (1,2,3,4) - I get the point that this is a part of your style, but I don't think these patterns are appropriate, they feel a little awkward. I don't know... I kinda like them the way they are, and I couldn't come up with a better shape or sth...
00:51:497 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - the best decision here is to start with some slider after the bpm change because 95% of the players will start hitting 100s right, changed

Insane
00:02:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This stream shouldn't be here the song justifies it imo.
00:21:116 (4) - 00:22:116 (8) - NCs changed the second one but not the first one (I feel like it would break the pattern)
00:28:506 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Shouldn't be here you're right here, changed
00:51:496 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as I mentioned in the hard this is unrankable make some sliders also the end 1/3 are going to be an accuracy killer right at the end. I think that the 1/6 part is ok for an insane, but I added sliders in the 1/3 part

I like this one, it just needs more work
gl with it
Thanks for the mod! :)

Chibi Maruko wrote:

Hai! From Modding queueue

I can't mod easy diff

[Hard]
  • 00:14:116 (2) - NC I moved the previous one.
    00:29:256 (7) - ^ added
    00:32:256 (6) - ^ added
    00:33:923 - Add circle changed the previous circle into a slider instead
[Insane]
  • 00:08:783 (5) - You should NC I don't think so
    00:22:116 (8) - ^ already did
    00:29:173 (9) - Remove this note I think it's ok
    00:33:923 - Add circle/note added
    00:55:809 (7) - NC added
Ok, bai
Thanks!
MokouSmoke
from my queue~

Looking at the previous mods, it looks like you already spent a lot of time fixing the DS errors, so I just want to mention flow as well. Especially for the easier diffs, you want the map to flow well. If you haven't already read it, I advise you to take a look at this tutorial explaining how to make good flow.

[Easy]
  1. don't let the combo number get too high (>4) for easy diff. a simple, good way to do this is by using a new combo on every downbeat or every 2 downbeats (big white tick marks). Also try to be as consistent as possible. For the Easy diff, I recommend using a new combo every 2 downbeats.
  2. Places to NC: 00:02:116 (5) - 00:10:116 (3) - 00:16:116 (2) - 00:22:116 (3) - 00:32:256 (4) - 00:36:256 (3) - etc...
  3. Places to remove NCs: 00:13:116 (1) - 00:15:783 (1) - 00:37:590 (1) - etc...
  4. 00:03:116 (6) - this should be placed higher to flow better from 00:02:116 (5) - maybe something like this? http://puu.sh/lZMyN/1fff7e4988.jpg
  5. 00:07:116 (1) - reposition for better flow http://puu.sh/lZMH1/35659c1e9d.jpg
  6. 00:11:116 (4,1) - flow here can be polished http://puu.sh/lZMS7/1cfb41c7c8.jpg
  7. 00:14:783 (2) - move this to [434,210] for better flow
  8. 00:23:116 (4,1) - looks better if you blanket these two sliders. http://puu.sh/lZNBz/867049334a.jpg
  9. 00:30:256 (1) - add a finish on the slider head.
  10. 00:38:256 (3) - ^
  11. 00:42:423 (1,2) - blanket
  12. 00:43:590 (2,3) - blanket farther away, the sliders don't look good when they're right next to each other http://puu.sh/lZNST/732a3d61c7.jpg
[Hard]
  1. 00:02:616 (2) - 00:02:783 is a stronger beat than 00:02:616 and should be emphasized with a clickable object. i'd recommend using a circle here and a 1-repeat slider at 00:02:783 -
    00:03:116 (3) - NC here since you're using an NC every downbeat
    00:13:116 (4) - ^
    00:20:116 (1) - important downbeat that should be emphasized by making the spacing between (4,1) larger than the spacing between (1,2) and (2,3)
  2. 00:24:450 (1,2,3,4) - avoid having all these sliders overlap with each other. it doesn't look very pretty
  3. 00:29:256 (1) - this should be around [217, 0] for better flow
  4. 00:36:590 (3) - overmap and doesn't fit song imo
Hope that helps! PM in-game if you have any questions about my mod.
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

MokouSmoke wrote:

from my queue~

Looking at the previous mods, it looks like you already spent a lot of time fixing the DS errors, so I just want to mention flow as well. Especially for the easier diffs, you want the map to flow well. If you haven't already read it, I advise you to take a look at this tutorial explaining how to make good flow.

[Easy]
  1. don't let the combo number get too high (>4) for easy diff. a simple, good way to do this is by using a new combo on every downbeat or every 2 downbeats (big white tick marks). Also try to be as consistent as possible. For the Easy diff, I recommend using a new combo every 2 downbeats.
  2. Places to NC: 00:02:116 (5) - 00:10:116 (3) - 00:16:116 (2) - 00:22:116 (3) - 00:32:256 (4) - 00:36:256 (3) - etc...
  3. Places to remove NCs: 00:13:116 (1) - 00:15:783 (1) - 00:37:590 (1) - etc...
  4. 00:03:116 (6) - this should be placed higher to flow better from 00:02:116 (5) - maybe something like this? http://puu.sh/lZMyN/1fff7e4988.jpg
  5. 00:07:116 (1) - reposition for better flow http://puu.sh/lZMH1/35659c1e9d.jpg
  6. 00:11:116 (4,1) - flow here can be polished http://puu.sh/lZMS7/1cfb41c7c8.jpg
  7. 00:14:783 (2) - move this to [434,210] for better flow
  8. 00:23:116 (4,1) - looks better if you blanket these two sliders. http://puu.sh/lZNBz/867049334a.jpg
  9. 00:30:256 (1) - add a finish on the slider head.
  10. 00:38:256 (3) - ^
  11. 00:42:423 (1,2) - blanket
  12. 00:43:590 (2,3) - blanket farther away, the sliders don't look good when they're right next to each other http://puu.sh/lZNST/732a3d61c7.jpg
[Hard]
  1. 00:02:616 (2) - 00:02:783 is a stronger beat than 00:02:616 and should be emphasized with a clickable object. i'd recommend using a circle here and a 1-repeat slider at 00:02:783 -
    00:03:116 (3) - NC here since you're using an NC every downbeat
    00:13:116 (4) - ^
    00:20:116 (1) - important downbeat that should be emphasized by making the spacing between (4,1) larger than the spacing between (1,2) and (2,3)
  2. 00:24:450 (1,2,3,4) - avoid having all these sliders overlap with each other. it doesn't look very pretty
  3. 00:29:256 (1) - this should be around [217, 0] for better flow
  4. 00:36:590 (3) - overmap and doesn't fit song imo
Hope that helps! PM in-game if you have any questions about my mod.
Thanks for the mod!
I changed everything you said.

+ I added a normal diff,which sucks (edit: remapped, better now) (and I haven't finished the hitsounds on it yet)
MondoKuma
EASY

00:05:450 (3) - Either make this not reverse and put spinner after or make a lot longer

NORMAL

00:04:116 (1) - Not snapped?

00:00:117 (1,2,3,1) - Fix Weird overlaps

00:02:116 (2) - Odd curve in middle of slider. Probably want to fix that

00:04:116 (1,2,3) - Fix spacing

00:53:371 (3,1) - Either map the space between this or put a break

HARD

00:24:450 (1,2,3) - What are these lol. Either cut them each by 1/4 tick or make it a reversing slider

00:33:256 (1) - Stack with slider end

00:38:924 (4,1,2) - Make symmetrical

00:36:590 (3,4) - Blanket?
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

MondoKuma wrote:

EASY

00:05:450 (3) - Either make this not reverse and put spinner after or make a lot longer I'm not sure... I'll wait for further reviews

NORMAL

00:04:116 (1) - Not snapped? My bad, fixed

00:00:117 (1,2,3,1) - Fix Weird overlaps They aren't weird imo

00:02:116 (2) - Odd curve in middle of slider. Probably want to fix that I like that slider, plus it fits the song.

00:04:116 (1,2,3) - Fix spacing

00:53:371 (3,1) - Either map the space between this or put a break added

HARD

00:24:450 (1,2,3) - What are these lol. Either cut them each by 1/4 tick or make it a reversing slider Not sure, I kinda like them the way they are. I'll wait too

00:33:256 (1) - Stack with slider end done

00:38:924 (4,1,2) - Make symmetrical I didn't make them symmetrical not to break the patterns but I made them both blanket the circle

00:36:590 (3,4) - Blanket? It's already blanketed...
Thanks for the mod!
iYiyo
Hi! Random mod from #modreqs, Nice song btw :)

General
The song starts too early, you need to fix it by opening the .osu file and where it says "AudioLeadIn" put 1883

Insane
00:02:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This part is very overmapped, try adding some other pattern.
00:05:283 (4) - I think this slider should start 00:05:116 - here because there's a strong beat so it would fit better moving it there.
00:05:116 - For this entire part, I would recommend you to follow this rythm. I think it's more intuitive to play.
00:22:116 - Here I think you wanted to follow vocals, so I recommend you to add another slider for the 2nd part, like this
00:25:866 (2) - Maybe make this a little bit longer?
00:28:256 (1,2,3) - This part feels a little bit weird in terms of flow, you can make it better imo
00:29:590 (2) - Maybe replace this slider adding 2 single notes? I think they would follow better the music.
00:31:923 (4,5,6) - Umm a slider would fit better imo, but if you decide to leave it, maybe make them straighter.
00:32:256 (1) - For better gameplay and flow I recommend you to follow a pattern like this
00:34:256 (1) - You can make this slider better imo, try with this
00:41:590 (1) - Maybe delete the NC here?

Hard
00:02:616 (2,3,1) - Maybe for this part try to move the slider like this, it feel better when playing.
00:11:450 (3,4,5,6) - Maybe make this 4 notes a perfect square?
00:21:450 (2,3,4) - Maybe make the distance constant here
00:41:590 (1) - Same as in Insane

Ok that's all. With some more polishing on some patterns for better flow and gameplay should be fine. Good luck! :)
Topic Starter
Boldenouy

iYiyo wrote:

Hi! Random mod from #modreqs, Nice song btw :)

General
The song starts too early, you need to fix it by opening the .osu file and where it says "AudioLeadIn" put 1883

Insane
00:02:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This part is very overmapped, try adding some other pattern. Changed the first part of to a slider
00:05:283 (4) - I think this slider should start 00:05:116 - here because there's a strong beat so it would fit better moving it there. yes
00:05:116 - For this entire part, I would recommend you to follow this rythm. I think it's more intuitive to play. Didn't follow exactly what you said but changed it anyway.
00:22:116 - Here I think you wanted to follow vocals, so I recommend you to add another slider for the 2nd part, like this right
00:25:866 (2) - Maybe make this a little bit longer? yes
00:28:256 (1,2,3) - This part feels a little bit weird in terms of flow, you can make it better imo changed
00:29:590 (2) - Maybe replace this slider adding 2 single notes? I think they would follow better the music. you're right
00:31:923 (4,5,6) - Umm a slider would fit better imo, but if you decide to leave it, maybe make them straighter. I left the triplet, but changed them a bit
00:32:256 (1) - For better gameplay and flow I recommend you to follow a pattern like this changed
00:34:256 (1) - You can make this slider better imo, try with this fixed
00:41:590 (1) - Maybe delete the NC here? I don't know, I like the way it is

Hard
00:02:616 (2,3,1) - Maybe for this part try to move the slider like this, it feel better when playing. done
00:11:450 (3,4,5,6) - Maybe make this 4 notes a perfect square? yes
00:21:450 (2,3,4) - Maybe make the distance constant here fixed
00:41:590 (1) - Same as in Insane Same as in Insane

Ok that's all. With some more polishing on some patterns for better flow and gameplay should be fine. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the mod!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.