forum

Super FPS mode [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
zerozaber
I recommend developing team to make osu able to use superior FPS mode [accelerate FPS by close Kiai and other option that decrease FPS for anyone that feel latency when FPS below 200 such as me] :)

i don't know about other that how many FPS to make their feel the latency but for me below 200 i felt it.
Infinity_old
i reach the 140 fps with kiai
CheeseWarlock
If you really need 200 fps, get better hardware. The current graphics options are enough.

Edit: Also, moved to Feature Requests where it belongs.
Derekku
The unlimited FPS option will go up to whatever your graphics card will allow/support. If you're not getting a high FPS, then it's your graphics card's problem, not osu!'s.

(Unless I'm understanding this request wrong)
Zeugziumy
I reach one time 1.000 at the selection screen, but is still 60fps (btw)
blissfulyoshi
From what I understand, the requester wants a mode where anything that can hinder your fps be shut off (Ex: kiai).

I am personally say no to this request because kiai is probably not the reason your computer has lag spikes or a latency error that you are probably experiencing. First off, from what I know, 30 FPS is usually the needed framerate to make something look smooth to the average person, 60 FPS is the point where an image will look smooth to most ppl and can't be easily differentiated between that frame rate and a higher one, and 120 FPS is usually the limit of what the human eye can perceive for most ppl is the limit of most monitors (Edit: I forgot about the monitor latency that strager mentioned). As a result, I really understand y you need the FPS to go beyond 120 let alone 200. (Note I play fine on 60 FPS)

By reading your post, my guess is that your VGA had a small hiccup, probably from rendering a part of a video (the most common source of lag), rendering some image from an sb, rendering a lot of cicles/sliders that just came on screen, or a combination of these things. The only real solution to this is get better hardware. Some things you can do to alleviate the problem is play with no video, delete the sb, and/or keep your VGA at a lower temp.

In the end, your problem is not FPS.
awp
Speaking firsthand, a five year old computer can run this game beyond smoothly (averaging like 800fps)

Speaking secondhand (ie less reliably) an eight year old machine can run this game smoothly (a frame rate of 150 should be enough and I think peppy's old 1GHZ piece of shit test-box hits double-digit FPS considerably
anonymous_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

As a result, I really understand y you need the FPS to go beyond 120 let alone 200. (Note I play fine on 60 FPS)
When the framerate goes above the monitor's refresh rate, it becomes an issue of latency, not fluidity.
0_o
Gotta say, I was expecting a Super First Person Shooter mode request :(
Mismagius
I play on 30fps and it's fine for me. :o I don't think this would be necessary.
Kert
I suggest customizable max fps. My monitor refresh rate is 100hz, that's why I would like to play with 100fps, but there is 120fps option only.
anonymous_old

CracK wrote:

I suggest customizable max fps. My monitor refresh rate is 100hz, that's why I would like to play with 100fps, but there is 120fps option only.
What's wrong with 120?
Kert
It's more smooth with 100. I feel it is at least
anonymous_old

CracK wrote:

How were you able to compare ...?
Kert
I compared in quake 3.
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

CracK wrote:

How were you able to compare ...?
It's not perfectly vsync'd :|
anonymous_old

Harris73 wrote:

It's not perfectly vsync'd :|
So? Worst that can happen (AFAIK) is tearing, which I don't notice and he hasn't mentioned.
Topic Starter
zerozaber
i didn't said it lag. it is very smooth. but what i say is mouse and keyboard latency in the game is constant FPS. so if the computer run at higher FPS this will decrease its latency. what i say is game FPS not monitor FPS [computer will combine frame automatically if game's FPS more than monitor].

my computer run at 400+ FPS for blank[black] background with no kiai. 300 at background[no kiai] and run at 200+ for picture+kiai. but for some map it run 90 FPS. i can't control my mouse at that big latency. after i deleted storyboard, it run at 140+ but i prefer 200+ FPS for less latency

i'm not the one who feel it

i run at 1440*900

core 2 duo E4300 1.8GHZ
ram 2 GB
Windows 7 64 bit [i've tried XP 32 bit and the result was same]
vga EN8400GS silent[i added additional fan to it]

i think this mode is neccessary for someone that have problem like me[i know that some people have this problem too]
anonymous_old

zerozaber wrote:

i run at 1440*900
Try decreasing the AR?

zerozaber wrote:

core 2 duo E4300 1.8GHZ
vga EN8400GS silent[i added additional fan to it]
You should be able to overclock both of those (at least to 2.2GHz on the CPU). That may help.
Ephemeral
It sounds like your graphics card might be triple buffering by default.

Turn off forced vsync in your graphics drivers if you are able, along with triple buffering.
mm201
You mean this?

Topic Starter
zerozaber
Low-end PC mod didn't help much

I've already turnoff vsync and triple buffering

my computer are HP so i can't overclock it [however i tried to overclock to 1.93 and the game said it has an error with time calculation]

Overclocking my VGA help around 10 FPS
mm201
Honestly, anything above 100fps should be fine for latency. The only other thing I could think of would be input lag, which osu! can do nothing about.

Low-end PC is the best thing we can offer, short of removing gameplay elements or major overhauls.
sp1ky
I've gotten osu to run fine on an old dell on opengl w/ vsync on (pentium 4, nvidia fx5200)
Stefan
Bumping.

That request doesn't looks really senseful for the today's stand. I think this Problem - which some people have - is more depending on their settings and their computer hardware.. However, it has been three years gone so I am not sure if this is still relevant (I think not).
TheVileOne
This isn't going to happen. Denying.