1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
Silenced ends are indeed a good technique to fully emphasize vocals.

01:53:893 (1,2,3,4) - Still overmapped.
01:51:793 (3,4,5) - Could benefit of being silenced, too.
02:43:693 (5,1) - Why is it NC'd like this? Shouldn't it be on the downbeat?

My opinion is simply that you should get more mods
posted

Irreversible wrote:

Silenced ends are indeed a good technique to fully emphasize vocals.

01:53:893 (1,2,3,4) - Still overmapped. Please listen closely, delete the note and you'll hear a note there.
01:51:793 (3,4,5) - Could benefit of being silenced, too. I have no objections, alright.
02:43:693 (5,1) - Why is it NC'd like this? Shouldn't it be on the downbeat? Moved NC to 02:43:393 (1) -

My opinion is simply that you should get more mods
posted
00:07:693 (1) - why here did you put a nc on the strong beat and 00:02:893 and 00:05:293 you didn't?
00:35:893 (1) - i don't see a reason for this nc
00:40:843 (4) - you are leading to a strong vocal here so why stop the flow and stack?
01:00:493 (3) - nc? 01:00:043 (1) - here remove
01:01:694 (5) - i feel like you should give more emphasis on this by a bit spacing it, it's to close and weird to play imo.
01:06:493 (1) - ^^
01:09:343 (2) - ^^
01:19:543 (8,9,1) - you are leading to a big place with a lot of vocals here, i feel you should show it by spacing it much more. mb you can stack the end of 01:19:693 (1) - with 01:19:243 (6) .
01:22:093 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,1) - seems like here you ignored what is coming next, you are leading to something big so why not showing it, i really think you should space this part a bit like here 03:26:893 (5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:49:693 (1) - way to close for this vocal imo.
01:52:093 (4) - nc here and also space it.
01:54:118 (2,3) - i saw a lot of problems with this one, so i can suggest to make this slider 01:53:893 (1) end here 01:54:118 (and mb you can silence the end)
02:06:493 (1,2,3,4) - you can space every note in gradation, the vocals are becoming stronger every note.
02:26:293 (4) - ctrl g? strong beat.
02:37:093 (3) - you can make it more symmetrical.
03:12:943 (4,5,6) - space it
04:05:293 (1) - you can improve it, use grid snap.
04:16:093 (7) - nc?
04:43:993 (1,2) - switch nc?
04:59:793 (7) - move this slider here 04:59:743 ?
i do feel you can be more consistent in this, and you should check your emphasis on some notes in and before the hype parts.
but as irre wrote, about the huge problem of the consistency of this map and the overmapping, i feel like he is wrong, it should be improved of course,but it's not a huge deal... vocals are ok with the emphasis of notes, i didn't see a lot of overmapping actually, and about the consistency, he might not made the same patterns, but he didn't skip vocals, he used spacing and emphasis properly, so i don't see a big problem here tbh.

so what can i say, my speeches will be useless, like every other speeches of an unknown person that no one gives a shit about what he will say, gl avishay.
posted
Alright so, hello to everyone who decides to read this long post, I'd like to raise some points to get you into my perspective.

I apologize for the aggressiveness of my previous posts towards who ever gave their opinion, I'll get on why later.


So, let's start with - what exactly is a beatmap?

A map, or a beatmap, or mapping in general, is a really abstract subject. Different people will different thoughts of what it is, such as:
  1. A song.
  2. Something you can play.
  3. The mapper's song interpretation.

Obviously all of those are connected in some way, since they are what a beatmap is.
So, I'd say that generally a beatmap is a song that some mapper mapped to playable objects which the player could interact with.

What are those objects?
  1. Circles, which are simply pressed by the player to present a beat that exists in the music. (However in the current mapping-meta circles are starting to be used for different emphasizations, which I'll discuss later)
  2. Sliders, which can be used to present held instruments in the song, held vocals, or just a connecting point between two beats. I should add that sliders are manifold, you can do so much with them, the options are limited.
  3. Spinners, which well, you spin. (I don't really spinners that much, but they are useful)
  4. Hitsounds, which are a big core in the concept of a rhythm game such as osu!, personally it gives me huge satisfaction to hear them play perfectly with the rhythm. You could use them to enhance the way the map is played or the song is heard, hitsounds are not necessarily tied to the song and in my opinion should not be most of the time as well. Hitsounds are used to get the player in the rhythm and beat, to strengthen the song and many more.
  5. Timing points, which are a must, because well, you need to be tied to some rhythm the song creates, and yes, this is a critical thing in mapping, so it can't be anything less than perfect.
  6. Inherited Points (SV modifiers), which are not used every time and everywhere, but it helps the mapper to express himself a bit better.

This sums all (most?) of the objects generally without getting in too much detail.

Cool, so people are using those objects to present the song in their way, not necessarily the best way, but their way. As osu! had to start somewhere, the maps and the mappers did too, I don't know too much about the mapping-meta overall, but if you are interested you should read Hata-tan's post [url=Not necessarily]right here[/url], it's a good read.

Players evolved, mappers evolved, maps evolved and obviously the game itself did as well (thanks Peppy!), we are at a point in time where there's a huge variety in map and player levels, high-skilled players want to enjoy a big, diverse map-pool of mapped songs. I'll use an example:

- Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee -
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/11090 - An old 2010 mapset submitted by Blatzk (with a Guest Difficulty created by Aqua92)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/181689 - A relatively new mapset submitted by EvilElvis (collaborated with various mappers)

They are so different, the new mapset includes more difficulties to approach more players, it's great (and the old mapset was great by the terms of 2010).

There's nothing like the feeling of finishing the map(set?) of a song you like, does it end here? Nah. The player now need to choose if he wants to submit the map so everyone could find it on the website (or osu!direct), which most of the times, he'll do, afterwards he'll to pick between two routes:
  1. Leaving the map as it is, letting it die slowly and get to the beatmap graveyard (no worries you can still download and play those).
  2. Getting the beatmap more exposure by using the ranking system, if you'll get your beatmap ranked, leaderboards, performance points and ratings are going to be enabled, along with the appearance on the ranked section in the website.


So, what does it take for a beatmap to get ranked?

First of all, following the rules as seen here, no exceptions (?), please note that rules are changed over time so maps from different times are attached to a different set of rules. And the second thing, community acceptance.

Although first time I see anyone use this term, community acceptance is pretty much everything needed to get a beatmap ranked, with the rules as exception. Therefore you might see a beatmap that is widely accepted and is fun to play, yet it cannot be ranked because of the rules.

Community acceptance goes through several levels in order to get your beatmap ranked:
  1. Self acceptance - Your map, your interpretation, you are pretty much the map itself, you should be able to accept yourself.
  2. Other mappers' acceptance, or modders / modding - Other mappers are taking a look at your map, they will point their dissatisfactions with your map, usually with their way of thought and a small explanation in order to get you to understand their perspective. Mappers will respond to the modders, usually if they accepted the notes / suggestions, and if not, usually an explanation is added (sadly this is not true to all cases).
  3. Experienced mappers' acceptance, or BNs / Beatmap Nominators - Those people volunteered and then picked by the community managers to stand in the way through the ranking process, they are doing the same thing as less experienced modders do, but usually have better understanding of beatmap terms such as flow, patterns or anything else to have a fun beatmap to play. In order to get your map ranked you need two beatmap nominators to accept your map, the first acceptance will be presented as a bubble icon, and the second acceptance will be your entrance to the qualified section with the heart icon. (please note that for approval maps - non-set mapsets the acceptance requires 3 BNs or 2 bubbles and 1 approval icon)
  4. Super-experienced mappers' acceptance, or QAT / a member in the Quality Assurance Team - You're just one step before getting to the ranked section, you are in the qualified section waiting to get through the qualified maps queue and having your desire come true. However, although experienced mappers' have accepted it, there might be unrankable issues in your map such as transgressing the criteria or a lot of 'quality' problems which in the QAT's opinion are ruining the experience of playing the beatmap.


If you got through all of those stages, hooray! Your beatmap is ranked (although there are some cases where unrankable issues slipped through the qualified sections and when found are disqualified) and everyone can enjoy it completely!

However, we should remember that mapping is a huge abstract subject, some may find a specific map enjoyable while the other will find it awful (let's ignore the difficulty restriction for now), mapping is subjective and it comes in a lot of sizes and shapes, some will agree with the mapper's choices and some will not, some might find a specific pattern fun while some not. My point is that with the huge development maps have gone through the years, they are not static, they are not the same, they are versatile.

In order to support my plea, I'll list some known mappers in the community with some words and examples.

Monstrata - The god of hexagons, appeared exactly when this year began, he rose pretty quickly to be one of the famous mappers by having strong structs, fun flow, great movements and enjoyful pool of songs he maps, and obviously the great pp everyone loves. Some notable maps:
  1. M.Iz - Kakenukeru Anime Song Medley IV
  2. AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks - MIIRO vs. Ai no Scenario
    There's not too much to say on his maps, they are widely accepted and enjoyed by almost everyone.

Skystar (Previously Amamiya Yuko) - The god of irregularity and hitsounds. Gimmicky, creative, original beatmaps are Skystar itself, there are way too many words to describe Skystar's maps, there are a huge variety of different styles Skystar presented, each style might be favorable by different players. One bold thing I want to discuss is the fact that Skystar is one of the mappers that brought overmapping as an acceptable thing nowadays, the overmapping is expressed with mapping objects in a way that does not follow the music, and is generally hitsounded, the combination of those enhances the experience of playing the map, or at least that was Skystar's vision, it became somewhat accepted, yet still controversial. Some people may refer this to complete overmap, and some as artifical rhythm. Notable maps that possess the concept:
  1. EGOIST - Fallen (TV Edit) - Obviously I am referring just to the Extra difficulty, which is a collab with Irreversible, fanzhen and Skystar. This map spits out creativity and irregularity, some people find it really weird and not fun, some of those will ask why is it even ranked, while the others are enjoying it, perhaps because of differences in skill levels or other reasons. I will add and say, there are overmapped objects, notes that are not present in the song or artifical rhythms created by the mappers.
  2. Hanatan - Tengaku & Hanatan - Kagerou Variation, Starting @09:24:962 - Yeah, it's great in my opinion, but you can't ignore the huge use of circles in triplets, and I'll tell you something, they don't even exist, they're overmapped, and I think it's great.


Please note that the way I use the term god may be overexaggerating, there are many more great mappers which could replace the mappers I listed.

There are so many differences between those 2 mappers and you could even create groups and categorize the mappers amongst others such as pishifat, Hollow Wings and many more, there are so many ways to go with it.

So, how does everything connect to the main subject - me, and this beatmap, and everything in general?

There are several problems with everything, and I want to give those stuff exposure:
  1. Mapping is abstract, subjective, huge, it can not be static, mostly it is not the same between different mappers, but it is possible. In addition to mapping, mappers, players and gameplay are pretty much the same.
  2. Ranking is not and cannot be objective, never.
  3. One problem which is derived from the previous statement - two mappers might be as good as each other, one might have some friends, connections, which could lead to easier ranking progression, this problem is not that easy to solve, amongst the pool of people that don't really have those 'connections' there are bad mappers and good mappers, BNs are doing their job volunteeringly and you bet they can't check everyone's map, I'm sure it's tough.
  4. An other problem - some people will dislike a mapper's choice, it can come in different ways: The song, the patterns, the hitsounds, the asthetics, anything. I'd like to refer to something BlueDragon said almost a year ago on Genryuu Kaiko's thread:

    Blue Dragon wrote:

    OH NO people have different opinions!

    What if the maps that you consider good, are actually 1/2 spam with no spacing which people worship as "the best maps" such as some of caren's or silynn's maps, that barely follow anything in the ranking criteria and have zero technical qualify?
    People should know that maps that get ranked are the ones who have rankable quality. If you don't like it, someone else does. That's why it got ranked in the first place. People should really acknowledge that other people have different opinions.

    "This map is an overmapped piece of shit, it's not an opinion, it's a fact! just listen to the music guys, you're wrong and i'm right!!!!!"
    This is pretty much the essence of this post, there's something completely wrong here.
    @Irreversible:
  5. In relation to the previous problem, I feel like there's bias in the community, known mappers are passing through qualification with the same said 'problems' that other people have in their maps. I should say that the QATs went through different changes lately, more transpernancy, more discussion and such, yet the problem persists.
  6. @Irreversible:

    Is it just me, or does it seem completely absurd? You are contradicting yourself, just the fact that other people are doing it yet are not addressed is a red flag.


I guess that as long as this gains exposure, people will present more problems, as I am sure they exist.

I disagreed and still do with the disqualification, I explained my thoughts, and I am still able to do so, as far as I know, people do enjoy the map, it represents the song and my intentions really well, yet it still got disqualified. The only reason I removed the 1/8 are because I thought I could just finish with it and avoid the headache involved, but it seems like I can't, so here I am.

I will appreciate comments and insight from players and mappers.

tl;dr: read this holy shit it took me almost 4 hours to write this Take a look at the problems right above ^
posted
holy shit avishay

don't wanna give the party popping but if so many people tell you something (and they know what they do) then it probably means that something xd
posted

Raiden wrote:

holy shit avishay

don't wanna give the party popping but if so many people tell you something (and they know what they do) then it probably means that something xd
So many? Regardless I've raised some points generally, I'd love to get a response.
posted
actually genryuu kaiko has premanent 1/4's but the sounds are imo not very audible.

I think some person should step in and declare finally what the fuck actually overmapping is.
People speak from overmapping and then both mean different things again. To me 04:26:893 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - theres really nothing in the song, I re-heard it like 50 times theres nothing. And that's what I understand of overmapping. Mapping to nothing. If you can explain to which beats or vocal you've mapped to and ppl can understand it afterwards than it's fine.

I partially agree with you on some points. Just work around your map it's not bad by any means. Don't do repulsive changes it doesn't help the map at all. If you feel like your 1/8's belong there just put em there and explain why.

good luck on the map. I love when ppl have their own styles. rip me.
posted

Feb wrote:

actually genryuu kaiko has premanent 1/4's but the sounds are imo not very audible.
No it does not.
posted
So having skimmed through a bit, I'm not really going to mod this but I just wonder why 03:05:293 (1) - isnt a slider while 01:00:493 (3) - has a slider, and every following patterns like this has sliders instead of a random anti jump. Being consistent is one thing, but this is just a sloppy miss imo.

Furthermore, I actually agree that it needs more modding. This map shows that you are not a very experienced mapper (I don't think it's a bad map, just unpolished, a bit sloppy and unreasonable patterns) and should for the sake of the map seek more mods.

I also think overmapping is fine, even if it's 1/8 slider repeats to enhance something that would do well with an enhancement.


Also don't give me kd, whatever you choose to do.

This dialogue kinda makes sense here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlnEmJ ... be&t=9m32s
posted
Man look...

You don't rly have to rank a map... noone is forcing you...

One thing we all learned in school was to respect eachother. Just like respecting eachothers opinoins (to an extent). But when we talk about the interpretation of a work of art be it a piece of music, a prose text or a poem things become quite different. Interpreting somthing should be based around the work of art we are dealing with. All the statements should be made according to logical conclusions from the orginal work, which means even tho there are countles interpretations there is just one (or rarely a few) which is (are) more "right" then all the others. Does this mean you are wrong? By all means NO... but you arent right either... noone can be. Infact you can only get close to the "truth" with your interpretation (or theory) until someone falsifies it. Depending on the extent you have to either modify it or simply dismiss it completely.

I will make this following statement only after havin looked through your map in the editor once:

IF your interpretation looks "flawed" or not "quite there yet" in the eyes of clearly more experienced ppl, then you should reconcider what you are doing here. NOONE wants to fuck your shit up. NOONE will gain anything from that. All these ppl modding and giving suggestions do it because they love doing this: mapping songs and helping others.

IF you dont like these opinions... then just don't rank it man. As you stated
"Leaving the map as it is, letting it die slowly and get to the beatmap graveyard (no worries you can still download and play those)"
Your map will stll be there. The map will still be there w/o it being "molested" by all those "rude" opinions. (a map will "die" regardless of being ranked or in the graveyar)

I think of the whole ranking proccess like this: Narrowing down the best possible outcome with the current mapset. If that isnt possible then it just wont be ranked (or end up a shitty ranked map, but when was the last time you saw a truly "shitty" map)

if you cant accept that then just dont rank it man.

Sidenote: I am not telling you to blindly follow everything ppl say. Stand by your opinion, but learn to let go aswell.
In the end of the day, we all just want to pass by feeling happy or something :)

(sorry for spelling mistakes its late over here)
posted

Smokeman wrote:

IF your interpretation looks "flawed" or not "quite there yet" in the eyes of clearly more experienced ppl, then you should reconcider what you are doing here. NOONE wants to fuck your shit up. NOONE will gain anything from that. All these ppl modding and giving suggestions do it because they love doing this: mapping songs and helping others.
I have to strongly disagree here, there's nothing I despise more than modding a map :D I'm just here because it's almost 3 am & I saw a post on reddit.
posted
Smokeman wrote:
IF your interpretation looks "flawed" or not "quite there yet" in the eyes of clearly more experienced ppl, then you should reconcider what you are doing here. NOONE wants to fuck your shit up. NOONE will gain anything from that. All these ppl modding and giving suggestions do it because they love doing this: mapping songs and helping others.



I have to strongly disagree here, there's nothing I despise more than modding a map :D I'm just here because it's almost 3 am & I saw a post on reddit.

i was more talking about the all the ppl attempting to mod the map before his mild rant.

On the other hand you are not rly trying to do him any harm either, which is what i tried to emphasise by calling out all the possible good intentions someone would have modding this (in other words: ppl who give a fuck).

Ye i saw it too and then my hands started typing... wierd thing rly.

its late

btw 04:17:893 (1,1) - i can't rly get behind it. What exactly made him make those ugly sliders. This beautiful song can't possible evoke these unworldly shapes in ones head.
posted
You're arguing over spilled milk.

If so many people with a large amount of experience agree there's something wrong, then there's probably something wrong.

As Smokeman said, nobody is forcing you to rank this. No matter how well it plays or sounds or whatever, if it doesn't abide by the strict requirements of the ranking process, there's not much you can do, no matter how hard you whine.

Read this post for more info: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3619207
posted

Smokeman wrote:

Man look...

You don't rly have to rank a map... noone is forcing you...
This is a more polite way to tell him to go fuck himself. No more of that please. He makes a point about double standards and favoritism, and that is something to be addressed, regardless of him wanting to rank a map or not.

Smokeman wrote:

All the statements should be made according to logical conclusions from the orginal work, which means even tho there are countles interpretations there is just one (or rarely a few) which is (are) more "right" then all the others. Does this mean you are wrong? By all means NO... but you arent right either... noone can be. Infact you can only get close to the "truth" with your interpretation (or theory) until someone falsifies it. Depending on the extent you have to either modify it or simply dismiss it completely.
ok, so let me entangle that.
- When we interpret art, the interpretation should be based on the original and it should be linked to it through logic
- There are countless interpretations
- Some are more right than others
- You aren't wrong
- You aren't right
- Nobody can be right
- you are right until you are falsified
- the one who falsified you is more right than you, hence why you have to follow his lead and change your interpretation that is not right and not wrong, so you can make it more right, except nobody can be right in the first place, although the one who falsified you is more right than you. It should also be logical.

I don't even know what you were getting at with that, honestly. That whole paragraph is a contradictory mess.

Smokeman wrote:

IF your interpretation looks "flawed" or not "quite there yet" in the eyes of clearly more experienced ppl, then you should reconcider what you are doing here. NOONE wants to fuck your shit up. NOONE will gain anything from that. All these ppl modding and giving suggestions do it because they love doing this: mapping songs and helping others.
Now this is something I can get behind. Listen to experience, for it most likely knows better than you do.
The second thing you said is disagreeable again though. People gain something from fucking shit up, and if you observe them for a bit you see that very clearly. They have personal grudges, suck up to other people, or just enjoy their power. They defend their own opinions vigorously once they are out instead of backing down in an argument, because nothing is harder than admitting that you were wrong. That can lead to pretty nasty situations, where the one with less power has no other option left than following along. Generally, there can be plenty of reasons why people fuck shit up. Not to say that QAT's are essentially evil, but they aren't angels either. They are human, and humans tend to be unfair every once in a while. You got to look out for that, and not deny it by saying "but they don't have nothing to gain".


Smokeman wrote:

if you cant accept that then just dont rank it man.
One last time, please please stop with this sentiment. This is what a system looks like that can't accept criticism and change.
"oh you think theres something wrong with the system and you feel like it could be improved? Hah, fuck off then"
That is not what you want. Definitely not.
posted
nice song ;o
posted

Feb wrote:

actually genryuu kaiko has premanent 1/4's but the sounds are imo not very audible.

I think some person should step in and declare finally what the fuck actually overmapping is.
People speak from overmapping and then both mean different things again. To me 04:26:893 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - theres really nothing in the song, I re-heard it like 50 times theres nothing. And that's what I understand of overmapping. Mapping to nothing. If you can explain to which beats or vocal you've mapped to and ppl can understand it afterwards than it's fine.

I partially agree with you on some points. Just work around your map it's not bad by any means. Don't do repulsive changes it doesn't help the map at all. If you feel like your 1/8's belong there just put em there and explain why.

good luck on the map. I love when ppl have their own styles. rip me.
My intention with this overmapped pattern is to create the emphasizition I felt necessary in the last kiai, I don't really think it was overdone at all, perhaps I could've put some flavor with hitsounds. Most of the 1/8 were intended to do the same around the map.


Nube wrote:

So having skimmed through a bit, I'm not really going to mod this but I just wonder why 03:05:293 (1) - isnt a slider while 01:00:493 (3) - has a slider, and every following patterns like this has sliders instead of a random anti jump. Being consistent is one thing, but this is just a sloppy miss imo.

Furthermore, I actually agree that it needs more modding. This map shows that you are not a very experienced mapper (I don't think it's a bad map, just unpolished, a bit sloppy and unreasonable patterns) and should for the sake of the map seek more mods.

I also think overmapping is fine, even if it's 1/8 slider repeats to enhance something that would do well with an enhancement.


Also don't give me kd, whatever you choose to do.

This dialogue kinda makes sense here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlnEmJ ... be&t=9m32s
Because it doesn't really matter? I felt like using this pattern in this part just because it felt right to me, both of those patterns work for the song and there's no real reason to exclude the use of one of them.

If you want to point some more thoughts, please do, I am pretty firm about my thoughts but I do look for others'.

Spaghetti wrote:

You're arguing over spilled milk.

If so many people with a large amount of experience agree there's something wrong, then there's probably something wrong.

As Smokeman said, nobody is forcing you to rank this. No matter how well it plays or sounds or whatever, if it doesn't abide by the strict requirements of the ranking process, there's not much you can do, no matter how hard you whine.

Read this post for more info: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3619207
That's kinda ironic, because even though Loctav posted this, the main points in his post still persisted and HW got the beatmap ranked. I should note that some QATs were thinking that the map was just fine after the first rank, however it got dq again and again, HW still maintained most of her subjective stuff, and it still got ranked.

Now a new issue rises: One QAT might find the map great and good, yet an other will say it's unpolished, unkrankable or anything else, where is the border line, who decides, are some QAT members better than others?

Had only Genryuu Kaiko wasn't ranked in the end, I wouldn't even write this post, you could clearly see the change of thoughts and the different opinions in that thread, it's just.. I don't know, weird?

Kroytz wrote:

nice song ;o
I know, right?

Smokeman wrote:

btw 04:17:893 (1,1) - i can't rly get behind it. What exactly made him make those ugly sliders. This beautiful song can't possible evoke these unworldly shapes in ones head.
I love those sliders, some might too, some might not.

As for everything else I pretty much agree with the other people that responded to your comment.
posted
Avishay's comment honestly just feels like someone who is salty for getting their maps rejected and is trying to blame the system instead of changing their maps. Sure, the system is not perfect, but, that is why its moderated by people who have experience in what they are doing. Also, the bias you speak of is not a bias but an element of trust and mapper's knowledge - Hollow Wings can get such original maps ranked because she has the knowledge to justify doing so (a knowledge she gained through experience)
posted

Im so mad bro wrote:

Avishay's comment honestly just feels like someone who is salty for getting their maps rejected and is trying to blame the system instead of changing their maps. Sure, the system is not perfect, but, that is why its moderated by people who have experience in what they are doing. Also, the bias you speak of is not a bias but an element of trust and mapper's knowledge - Hollow Wings can get such original maps ranked because she has the knowledge to justify doing so (a knowledge she gained through experience)
Relevant username.

Eitherway, element of trust and mapper's knowledge? Sounds like complete nonsense, it becomes irrelevant when you invent new stuff. I am salty and my posts explains why, I still cannot accept the statement 'experience in what they are doing', like hell, I know I am not the best mapper in the community, but I am not inexperienced at all as well, I have put thought in almost everything I do and it is justified through play.

And the bias comes by the fact that other people are allowed to do so, while me or other people with the same issue are not.
posted
arrogance is only going to make people not want to deal with you man, chill out
posted

captin1 wrote:

arrogance is only going to make people not want to deal with you man, chill out
Along with the saltiness I did raise some points that are general, is that wrong?

But anyway, what is the solution to my case? Fixing the issues stated in the mods? Although imo they don't really matter since they don't affect the gameplay at all? Honest question.
show more
Please sign in to reply.