forum

Left handed tablet players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Arcueid-]
So I bought a tablet, the thing is I'm a leftie and I usually played osu with my right hand on the mouse and the left on the keyboard. Now that I have switched I have a few problems hitting notes as expected, but my left hand, the one I hold the pen with starts to hurt ten seconds into a song because I hold the pen tight, is there any tips you guys could give me to hold the pen correctly, I also have this issue when writing on paper, and thus I use a computer for writing.
sekaiwave
im a left handed player too, i use my left hand for the tablet and right hand for the keyboard, ive had my tablet for 2 months but i still dont know how to hold the pen but to get rid of the pain, do the exercises in the vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU
pandaBee
Increase your area. You're probably gripping it tight because of the relatively high sensitivity in movement in accordance to the distance traveled on your tablet.
ZenithPhantasm
Try wrapping your pen with something.
Yuki Toboe
I've been wondering if it's even worth getting a tablet for myself being left handed, but used to tapping with my left hand.
Zurgdude
I also use tablet left-handed and mouse right handed. I made the switch and it was worth it for me. It did hurt at first but I went straight to full tablet area and powered through it. You just have to get used to it and redevelop muscle memory with your new playstyle. Long story short, play more.
Topic Starter
[-Arcueid-]

pandaBee wrote:

Increase your area. You're probably gripping it tight because of the relatively high sensitivity in movement in accordance to the distance traveled on your tablet.
This actually helped a lot. I increased the area by around 75% and focused on holding the pen as loose as possible. However accuraccy is just like a 1 year old now. >.<
pandaBee

Aisu64 wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

This actually helped a lot. I increased the area by around 75% and focused on holding the pen as loose as possible. However accuraccy is just like a 1 year old now. >.<
You don't want to hold the pen too loose. Make sure that you're physically capable of reaching the corners, if you are then all you need is practice.