forum

[resolved] Windows 10 / osu! compatability?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Kujou ]
Problem Details: To keep it short, I run on Windows 10 and I can't even run osu! - It only shows 1/4 of the bottom screen and I've tried reinstalling but that isn't the problem. Is there specific way to fix it or am I screwed forever until I uninstall this garbage OS. Any help is appreciated.

Gabe-rr---- Peppy, if you are with me, plz help T.T

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://prntscr.com/7omqgf

Helpful stuff I think:
osu! version: 20150702cuttingedge
Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
Evaluation copy. Build 10130
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Browser: Project Spartan
- Isozaki -
Try playing around with osu's resolution, or the monitors resolution, it might help, I am still on Windows 8.1 so I can't really suggest much more other then this
Trosk-
Try to change release stream to Stable and see if you can open it properly.

If you can't change it ingame, just go to your "osu!.cfg" archive (open it with notepad, WordPad, etc.) and change _ReleaseStream to Stable.

Type Stable instead of CuttingEdge.

I guess this type of errors are not rare since Windows 10 is not released yet... Remember that you have a testing and preview build.
LeafyStorm

Trosk- wrote:

Try to change release stream to Stable and see if you can open it properly.

If you can't change it ingame, just go to your "osu!.cfg" archive (open it with notepad, WordPad, etc.) and change _ReleaseStream to Stable.

Type Stable instead of CuttingEdge.

I guess this type of errors are not rare since Windows 10 is not released yet... Remember that you have a testing and preview build.
Like he said, try to do that.
My pc also runs on Windows 10, but works fine with every gamemode of Osu!
Maybe the problem could be your pc, since I just tried the Cutting Edge version and that one also worked. But it would also be weird if your pc is the problem I think :/
TheVileOne
Are you using any special display settings that are affecting your resolution?
OhMyEyes
I have the same problem on Windows 10. I just upgraded from 8.1, where I never had any problems. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BtAAN34.png
Using windowed mode and _ReleaseStream = Stable

Any fix? It's not possible to navigate in the client

Edit: Changing to Fullscreen showed no change
Nekonyan
oh this problem again,
probably you forget to install your display driver :/
anyway, similar like this t/352417
OhMyEyes

Nekonyan wrote:

oh this problem again,
probably you forget to install your display driver :/
anyway, similar like this t/352417

Ah, yes it's fixed now. I reinstalled osu!, updated my drivers, restarted my pc twice and now it's working better than ever and feeling responsive. I encourage anyone else with this problem to do the same 8-)