forum

Any touchscreen users still around?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kiroya
Hi, im a new player trying to figure out a way to improve my dual stylus technique and was wondering if there was anyone else playing touchscreen, my main problem (i think only) is when im doing practicing streams the game dosent allow mutliple things touching the screen soo like, even if i am tapping as fast as a stream, half of them wont count because the styluses will both be touching the screen at once for at least 1/1000 sec other than that, i could probably be the first one to be a legit touchscreen user who can do higher insane maps with streams, right now i mastered alternating quick 1,2 in one motion with both pens which let me learn how to do 3+ higher streams. right now i can actually do fast streams where its in one spot but when it starts moving in a direction thats when i get my problem.

i always hated using mouse and tablet devices, feels soo unnatural and boring lol people who touch the circles and hear a click upon contact will understand that satisfaction with playing touchscreen xD its like the hard mode (how osu should be played in the first place) of osu with style points when people watch you in person

also: i believe there are smarter/faster people who have better reflexes than me soo idk why no one else took up this playstyle, someone whos i bit better than me at those should be able to play like insane 5+ since im just around insane 4-5
dung eater
i think ur style is boring :roll:

git gud with it if you want to, hav fun

good blog :)
Vuelo Eluko
God I hope not.
uberpancake
Touchscreens allow for stupid degrees of aim with relatively little practice since no muscle memory is needed (you're clicking on your screen) and you have multiple "cursors" ( kuvster's nico mega mix 4 finger bs.) I really hope touchscreen never becomes popular because it totally breaks the aim rating on maps. Good thing most suck at streaming.

Kuvster is the most well known active (edit: woops he quit a month ago) touchscreen player I think. Bikko and sapphireghost used to play it
Endaris
ExGon also uses/used touchscreen for std, not always though.
Topic Starter
kiroya
Lol its harder than using mouse when it comes to insane, mouse can use more sensitivity = requires less movement, now if youre using a 15" laptop think how hard it is to move across the whole map on insane, touchscreen is practically harder in every way past hard level lol, i tried mouse, touchscreen/key board, then my playstyle, its the most fun and hardest way to play since you actually hafto try, mouse/tablet is 2x easier and thats comparing lvl 4 insane touchscreen to like lvl 9 insane on mouse/tablet and lol i guess you didnt try touchscreen dual stylus if you think its boring? Go play matryoshka insane with dual pens lol (i A'ed with 1 stylus but you need you need to learn dual stylus to be able yo play harder maps) i think the aiming portion is balanced by how fast you need to move cuz i can say the mouse/keyboard/tablet is broken cuz you can easily do streams while touchscreen is the oppoite but isnt that much easier with aim, using iphone soo not caring too much about sentance structure ect. XD
pandaBee
Oh boy. Reading that paragraph made me physically ill.
Almost
Moving less does not equal better, it's actually quite the opposite.
Topic Starter
kiroya
1 mouse movement is like 2 pen movements 2x for dual pens and you hafta make that extra effort to get from note to note, plus your hand blocks most of the screen, another addition to making touchscreen aim harder :P
Genki1000
Might as well play with your feet if you're only doing it for the challenge.
ZenithPhantasm

kiroya wrote:

Lol its harder than using mouse when it comes to insane, mouse can use more sensitivity = requires less movement, now if youre using a 15" laptop think how hard it is to move across the whole map on insane, touchscreen is practically harder in every way past hard level lol, i tried mouse, touchscreen/key board, then my playstyle, its the most fun and hardest way to play since you actually hafto try, mouse/tablet is 2x easier and thats comparing lvl 4 insane touchscreen to like lvl 9 insane on mouse/tablet and lol i guess you didnt try touchscreen dual stylus if you think its boring? Go play matryoshka insane with dual pens lol (i A'ed with 1 stylus but you need you need to learn dual stylus to be able yo play harder maps) i think the aiming portion is balanced by how fast you need to move cuz i can say the mouse/keyboard/tablet is broken cuz you can easily do streams while touchscreen is the oppoite but isnt that much easier with aim, using iphone soo not caring too much about sentance structure ect. XD
You must have never heard of windowed res.
@OP touchscreen sucks. Dont use.
Endaris
Well
I don't know.
Just git gud at first and past hard-diffs and then we can make some measurements ok?
ZenithPhantasm

uberpancake wrote:

Touchscreens allow for stupid degrees of aim with relatively little practice since no muscle memory is needed (you're clicking on your screen) and you have multiple "cursors" ( kuvster's nico mega mix 4 finger bs.) I really hope touchscreen never becomes popular because it totally breaks the aim rating on maps. Good thing most suck at streaming.

Kuvster is the most well known active (edit: woops he quit a month ago) touchscreen player I think. Bikko and sapphireghost used to play it
Iirc SapphireGhost uses a Cintiq which operates like any other wacom tablet but has a LCD screen on it.
StephOsu
Tried touchscreen once
fractured my hand after trying to play the big black while thinking that touchscreen is op
stop touchscreen, save a life
Topic Starter
kiroya
Lol you must have never tried dual stylus playstyle then, you need as much room as possible to be able to do streams on a touchscreen hence why you have 2 styluses, same thing as a z and x keyboard keys, sooo it sucks because its much harder to complete a song? I dont want biased opinions from pure tablet/mouse+ keyboard users lol try everything before you make an accurate statement. Lol who plays touchscreen rythyn games with their feet, never heard of cytus? You guys are all closed minded its like, whatever you dont like, dont know, or dont do , it sucks. You know why mouse/keyboard combo sucks? I can instantly do another lvl of insane 5-6 on my first time trying after learning fro straight touchscreen, less skill involved, but im not gonna be like you guys and say it sucks, its SILL FUN but i prefer touchscreen
Topic Starter
kiroya
Also im not good but im probably the best touchscreen user right now with my dual styluses lol i dont do hard maps anymore, i just go onto insane, and practice on that lvl because i JUST started inplementing dual style onto my single style
pandaBee
I use quadruple stylus playstyle. One in each of my hands, and feet.
Topic Starter
kiroya

pandaBee wrote:

I use quadruple stylus playstyle. One in each of my hands, and feet.
woah, teach me pls, i give you my soul
pandaBee
You must first pledge your undying loyalty to our overlord Peppy-sama.
Topic Starter
kiroya
lel remember im new here, soo idk who the heck is this peepee sama <w<
StephOsu

kiroya wrote:

Lol you must have never tried dual stylus playstyle then, you need as much room as possible to be able to do streams on a touchscreen hence why you have 2 styluses, same thing as a z and x keyboard keys, sooo it sucks because its much harder to complete a song? I dont want biased opinions from pure tablet/mouse+ keyboard users lol try everything before you make an accurate statement. Lol who plays touchscreen rythyn games with their feet, never heard of cytus? You guys are all closed minded its like, whatever you dont like, dont know, or dont do , it sucks. You know why mouse/keyboard combo sucks? I can instantly do another lvl of insane 5-6 on my first time trying after learning fro straight touchscreen, less skill involved, but im not gonna be like you guys and say it sucks, its SILL FUN but i prefer touchscreen
If you decide to be an egoistic dick and claim that you are the best touchscreen player and can perform 6 star maps with mouse and keyboard alone then why are you even here asking questions mr.top player
uberpancake
Kuvster totally reks you from what I can see. Why are you calling yourself the best touchscreen player? And well, nice bragging thread . Sadly I don't think you're skilled enough to impress anyone in here atm. Practice a few months and try again maybe.
KanoSet

kiroya wrote:

lel remember im new here, soo idk who the heck is this peepee sama <w<
peppy-sama is the creator of this wonderful world aka Osu!
on topic.. you are not good.. seriously get gud and understand the game better
Vuelo Eluko

kiroya wrote:

Also im not good but im probably the best touchscreen user right now
m8 i could pick up a touchscreen for the first time and do better than you, why are you bragging here?
Topic Starter
kiroya
Lol im not trying to be an egotistic dick of any kind, its you guys jumping all of a sudden saying this sucks, git gud, playstyle boring/broken when all i wanted is tips. I was simply saying im probably the best since NO one else does it? I did say already that there are alot more people who are faster and have better reflexs than me, if they played touchscreen they would obviously be better. M8 stop looking at hard songs and under for touchscreen users, its not something you can just pick up (i keep needing to point out there is no point in speculating touchscreen difficulty with easy songs, AGAIN, its harder than mouse+keyboard on insane and higher maps) yeah im not good since i JUST started learning a new playstyle but im not bad, only reason i retry is to learn how to do stuff since no one has pointers for my playstyle (alternating taps on moving streams, issue: lift off speed, depending on where the stream is moving styluses get in the way of each other. Non moving streams are actually doable) soo right now im not trying to SS anything rather than fixing my timing since i barely use my left hand for anything until i started playing osu, i want to see you guys play matryoshka insane by lon and say its not impressive/hard to do that with dual styluses, you can only hit each note by taking turn with each stylus, soo if you see those quick double/triple taps, i alternate with the stylus (harder than single tapping depending on the speed) and im sorry if i offended anyone who was actually nice, including peppy sama
Im just trying to get my point across that; touchscreen is not overpowered, does require more skill, dual style is hard for beginners but is needed to be able to play insane songs later on which is why my scores on osu show up as bad when im just trying out different techniques/playstyles everytime

List of stylus issues: lift off screen speed, requires better timing and faster note tapping
Mouse issues: need to drag mouse
Mahogany
List of Touchscreen issues: Streams

Streams? Basically every single song has at least a few 1/4th notes.
ZenithPhantasm
i think you (kiroya) suck and no i didnt read your block of text because it would be a waste of my time
pandaBee
Methinks you are all retards being trolled by another retard.
Vuelo Eluko

kiroya wrote:

List of stylus issues: lift off screen speed, requires better timing and faster note tapping
what does this even mean? note tapping speed doesn't change between peripherals at all, only maps.
show more