oh, good job on getting it qualified-
This is already at a corner and hard enough to catch, any further and it has to be in a corner, which is even harder to catch. The fact it is so near to the edge and has to be usually makes people hit it later and think a little to aim, it's seemed to work fine during testing at least.
Fycho wrote:02:25:370 (1,2) - Is the space too small comparing with other large 1/4 jumps like 02:26:044 (1,2,1) -?
aye, midge originally mapped the last dubstep part, i remember you liked it.
Irreversible wrote:wasn't the dubstep part mapped by someone else when you've uploaded the map? Not sure, haha just a question.
- 02:56:887 (2,1) - can you reduce the 1//4 jumps? Although it's a slider jump which isn't that hard, but it will be confusing while the 1/2 space 02:56:381 (1,2) - is almost the same level as 02:56:887 (2,1). its a extra not make to easy
- 04:20:988 (6) -04:20:988 - 04:21:156 – The strength of thetwo drums are similar in music, but a sliderend is weak, which can’t express the music well. Two circles may work better here. ac
Fycho wrote:I agree with Natsu here. There are still some extended sliders that have problem.
- 00:34:134 (4) - the slider starts at a weak beat, even not a drum or vocal, 00:33:965 (3,4) - making them a 1/1 slider is a good way i gathered some opinions on this and it's very divided. i asked what they thought fit the vocal best, a circle and a 1/2 slider or a 1/1 slider. it's very ambiguous, and it seems it can be mapped either way. i mapped it the way i did because that's what i find fitting for that vocal so i'd prefer to keep it as is.
- 00:43:235 (1,2) - The 1/4 jump is too large in the calm part of the song. hmm sliders are lenient. not hard or too large
- 02:00:257 (2) -This extended silder ignored 02:00:595 -, which doesn't feel good. fixed
- 02:02:280 (1) -this note follows vocal, making the downbeats sliderend, but 02:02:786 (3) - ignored the vocal, starting with a drum beat. If you prefer vocal, you'd start slider on 02:02:954 - ; If you prefer drums, ignore 02:02:280 - , don't start slider there too, but start on 02:02:448 - , like 02:05:145 (1)
- . there is a syllable change at 02:02:954 - but since it's barely audible and there is also a vocal part at 02:03:123 - where the singer raises her voice after lowering it which i deem to be the stronger vocal, i'll keep the 3/4 slider with the circle on the vocal
- 02:11:887 (1) -slider ends at a very bad time, ignoring an import beat: 02:12:224 ? fixed
- 02:25:370 (1,2) - Is the space too small comparing with other large 1/4 jumps like 02:26:044 (1,2,1) -? increased a bit
- 02:27:055 (2,3) -I think you should reduce the space here, to emphasize 02:27:392 (4,5) -the two drums better. it's the same pattern as 00:59:415 (2,3,4,5,1) - , i don't think it's necessary
Natsu wrote:02:00:257 (2) - I don't know how those sliders ignoring strong beats make sense with the song, the following vocals hold sounds argue can apply to any song with vocals.. does that mean the next step in mapping is overmapping every slider tail for hold sounds mapping? don't get me wrong is fine to map like this when there is not noticeable sounds before, but this case and others is really too much, sounds are really strong to be ignored.
02:02:954 - you mapping to vocals, but you still ignoring this to extend the slider? this and other examples make 0 sense with your vocal mapping logic
answered in my reply to fycho
02:04:724 - you did map a similar vocal before 02:03:713 - but still ignoring this one, why? sorry i have no idea what you're trying to say
02:05:145 (1) - vocal hold sound stop literally in 02:05:314 - , can you explain how make sense to end this on blue tick fixed
02:11:887 (1) - why you hitsound ticks that you are not mapping properly? this make an even loud sound, read Desperate-Kun post again: p/4568620 makes no sense to ignore loud sounds and make less sense to ignore loud sounds and hitsound them.. fixed
Just some examples this happen in other places as well
2016-03-11 23:08 Natsu: Hello
2016-03-11 23:08 Slick: sorry for bothering you, could i make a request?
2016-03-11 23:08 Slick: not mod request, just help with some things
2016-03-11 23:08 Slick: np if you're busy
2016-03-11 23:08 Natsu: sure, what do you need?
2016-03-11 23:09 Slick: just a uh recheck i guess
2016-03-11 23:09 Slick: and if something is possibly fine to keep
2016-03-11 23:09 Slick: ACTION is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/731905 Rita - Bookmark Memories [Grimoire]]
2016-03-11 23:09 Slick: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/343794/start=180
2016-03-11 23:10 Slick: i replied
2016-03-11 23:10 Natsu: oh that map, sure.
2016-03-11 23:16 Slick: so uh
2016-03-11 23:16 Slick: wanna do it now on irc or will do a recheck sometime
2016-03-11 23:16 Slick: will you do*
2016-03-11 23:17 Natsu: in some minutes
2016-03-11 23:38 Natsu: ACTION is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/731905 Rita - Bookmark Memories [Grimoire]]
2016-03-11 23:39 Natsu: could you reduce all the slider tick sounds by 10%?
2016-03-11 23:39 Slick: the ones that aren't hitsounded too?
2016-03-11 23:39 Natsu: just the hitsounded ones
2016-03-11 23:39 Slick: sure
2016-03-11 23:43 Natsu: you applied all from fycho and my mod?
2016-03-11 23:43 Slick: not all
2016-03-11 23:44 Slick: some vocal mapping seems a bit divided
2016-03-11 23:44 Slick: 00:43:235 (1,2) - i will fix this though
2016-03-11 23:45 Natsu: 00:57:729 (1,1) - we are on this so if you care about design blanket this better to
2016-03-11 23:45 Slick: will do
2016-03-11 23:47 Natsu: 02:02:954 - but why ignoring this vocal?
2016-03-11 23:47 Natsu: isn't 1/2 circles better for this part?
2016-03-11 23:47 Slick: possibly
2016-03-11 23:47 Slick: the reason i did what i did is because
2016-03-11 23:47 Slick: i never thought there was a new vocal there
2016-03-11 23:47 Slick: don't you agree it's quite faint?
2016-03-11 23:48 Natsu: I can here a new starting there, but being honest we could also agree the slider is somehow following the whole word tho
2016-03-11 23:48 Natsu: 00:36:156 (1,2) - why is this overlaped?
2016-03-11 23:49 Slick: made it like that for even spacing
2016-03-11 23:49 Slick: if you make (3) 0.85x sv too it will be like this
2016-03-11 23:49 Slick: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4702901
2016-03-11 23:49 Slick: i don't mind removing overlap, it's np
2016-03-11 23:50 Natsu: well if you do then space this a bit more 00:36:493 (2,3) -
2016-03-11 23:50 Slick: y
2016-03-11 23:50 Slick: will do
2016-03-11 23:52 Natsu: 01:13:404 - no slider tick hitsound?
2016-03-11 23:52 Slick: it's hitsounded
2016-03-11 23:55 Natsu: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4702928
2016-03-11 23:55 Natsu: 9 is touching hp bar 01:39:022 (9) -
2016-03-11 23:55 Slick: yeah
2016-03-11 23:55 Slick: a lot of objects are touching hp bar
2016-03-11 23:55 Slick: it's okay to keep though right?
2016-03-11 23:56 Slick: someone told me it's not unrankable
2016-03-12 00:01 Natsu: is not unrankable
2016-03-12 00:01 Natsu: but it doesn't looks nice
2016-03-12 00:01 Natsu: up to you tho
2016-03-12 00:01 Slick: well doesn't hurt to move it down a few pixels
2016-03-12 00:01 Slick: i can do it
2016-03-12 00:03 Natsu: 00:33:965 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/nDyXN/8e8c5d0437.jpg http://puu.sh/nDyYS/00deab2303.jpg I agree with fycho there, any of those rhythms will fit better the song