forum

Fast streamers using Z as primary

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aeeiku
Just noticed that a large majority of the DT players / fast streamers use Z as their primary key. I can kind of see some kind of benefit, but hey I'm not that knowledgable so I thought I'd ask if there was any corrolation between players using Z as primary key and being able to stream fast... or... well just play fast in general really, I mean when I play high bpms like above 240 bpm I find it a pain switching between like triples, streams and singletaps. I use X as my primary key.

Just wondered if Z as primary key made things easier for your hand

p.s. here's a video of me playing a high BPM song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rEpGvvh7Q
my point I guess I'm trying to make is that I mash too much cus my fingers get... muddled... take 0:38 for example of that video
lol inb4 play more
fartownik
Z is default key for keyboard. That's why players use it.

:^)
Topic Starter
aeeiku
Idk why but I started with X. Do you think some people just started with Z and kept it?
repr1se

jake2 wrote:

Just noticed that a large majority of the DT players / fast streamers use Z as their primary key. I can kind of see some kind of benefit, but hey I'm not that knowledgable so I thought I'd ask if there was any corrolation between players using Z as primary key and being able to stream fast... or... well just play fast in general really, I mean when I play high bpms like above 240 bpm I find it a pain switching between like triples, streams and singletaps. I use X as my primary key.

Just wondered if Z as primary key made things easier for your hand
I could lecture you on anatomy and stuff but I'd bore you.
I could lecture you on physics and stuff but I'd bore you.

So, the tl;dr.

Actually fuck that, no tl;dr today.

Using your middle finger to tap engages your whole forearm and gives more leverage. That makes it easier to tap faster, as opposed to your index finger, in which you engage just your wrist and finger. That is, assuming your arm is resting on your desk.

jake2 wrote:

Idk why but I started with X. Do you think some people just started with Z and kept it?
Some people do. I use X as my "primary" key. Currently trying Z to increase my finger control, but I may be staying with X. It's more about what you're comfortable with, rather than what position is "better."
GoldenWolf
It's based on preferences/what's more comfortable for each person.
You can make things feel easier for you by playing more though.
Topic Starter
aeeiku
That's the thing... I'm comfortable with X but sometimes I wonder if Z has some other advantage / difference that I didn't know about. ty :)
fartownik
It's all about technique and what's comfortable for you really. If you struggle at doing certain patterns try some other techniques or practice singletap with your other finger. Maybe you will discover something about your playstyle that you didn't know before, allowing you to improve.
Yuudachi-kun
I use the right arrow key. What is that, X?
pandaBee
I alternate so I can use either. Checkmate, atheists.
Upskirt

fartownik wrote:

Z is default key for keyboard. That's why players use it.

:^)
Oh no logic...
ZenithPhantasm
Its a matter of preference. hvick10001 uses his middle finger as his main tapping finger iirc
sLaiNi
People explained it often enough bow I guess. As example: I use n and m. It just doesnt matter.

The only difference might be for lefthanded.
Bauxe
It doesn't fucking matter.
idealnettles
Yeah it doesn't really matter, just keep sticking to what you know.
pandaBee
Of course it matters. Every difference counts. It's like you guys don't even shave the fine hairs on your hands and fingers to refine your aerodynamics.
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

I alternate so I can use either. Checkmate, believers.
And

Bauxe wrote:

It doesn't fucking matter.
I Give Up
Most players are right handed. Most players main middle finger. It's just another useless statistic that people think too hard about.
repr1se
God uses his index finger.

Not the Judeo-Christian God.

Cookiezi.